PDA

View Full Version : 53 Man Roster Prediction

DraftBoy
07-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Well no time like the last minute to get a 53 man roster prediction in. Here is our latest;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/07/pre-camp-53-man-roster-prediction/

Yes I know there was a thread for this and I used the search function but couldn't find it.

mayotm
07-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Seems about right. I'll go with Troup over Gilbert. Although that may be more wishful thinking than anything else. I suppose McGee is the big name missing. If he proves to be healthy (which isn't likely) they will probably find a place for him.

justasportsfan
07-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Seems about right. I'll go with Troup over Gilbert. Although that may be more wishful thinking than anything else. I suppose McGee is the big name missing. If he proves to be healthy (which isn't likely) they will probably find a place for him.

Same here. Troup over gilbert.

Thief
07-25-2012, 01:42 PM
My thoughts...

I think you have too much depth on the interior of the O-line considering the flexibility of our tackles.

I think we keep Troup.

When did we acquire Gilbert?

I think Gilmore is no doubt a day 1 starter.

3 safeties isn't enough.

Oh, and I think McGee is staying.

DraftBoy
07-25-2012, 02:28 PM
My thoughts...

I think you have too much depth on the interior of the O-line considering the flexibility of our tackles.

I think we keep Troup.

When did we acquire Gilbert?

I think Gilmore is no doubt a day 1 starter.

3 safeties isn't enough.

Oh, and I think McGee is staying.

Given our injury issues the past few years Im not sure there is such a thing as too much depth along the OL.

Why keep him?

Late last season; http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/12/17/2642403/buffalo-bills-jarron-gilbert

Can't say that about any rookie, imo.

Don't disagree but you're only other option is Nesbitt.

Could be, he was my final cut it was him or Brooks/Rogers.

John Doe
07-25-2012, 04:33 PM
I can't see any way that they keep 11 offensive linemen.

6 wide receivers sounds very iffy as well.

YardRat
07-25-2012, 05:00 PM
I think they keep 6 CB's, even though they haven't the past two seasons.

I need to update my thread...haven't done it in a while.

DraftBoy
07-25-2012, 07:36 PM

I had 6 CB's initially but I think they keep one or two on the PS instead of keeping 6 active. Just a guess at this point though.

YardRat
07-25-2012, 08:01 PM
I had 6 CB's initially but I think they keep one or two on the PS instead of keeping 6 active. Just a guess at this point though.

It's a tough call, but wouldn't be the first time I was surprised.

I still think Choice makes it over White at RB.
I've got to add Dickerson as my third TE as you have, but then somebody has to go. Currently I still have Potter as a KOS and he'd be the easy out, but I can't shake the feeling they drafted this guy to make the team.
Receiver is going to see some tough cuts, but I still think they only keep 5 + Smith, especially if they insist on having Spiller and Jackson on the field more together.
Four tackles, tops. Carmon has PS written all over him.
I can see five spots for C/G, but definitely not six. Might go as light as four. I'll probably add Brown or Asper to mine at some point in the next couple of weeks because I still have an open spot there.
They have to have 5 DE's, IMO, especially if Merriman is healthy.
Still think Heard or Troup (or even Edwards !surprise!) if he continues to stick with the two's over Gilbert.
I've got six 'backers instead of seven (but also have Scott still on safety depth so that evens it up).
If we don't pick up a street FA, somebody from the trio of Howell, Saenz or Sukay just has to step up.

Jan Reimers
07-26-2012, 05:27 AM
I'll be very surprised if Gilmore isn't a far better corner than McKelvin.

BillsOverDolphins
07-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Good write-up/prognostications, DB. A few things I don't see eye-to-eye with you, though (some that others have already mentioned):

-Moats will definitely make it over Chris White
-I also believe that Troup and/or Heard make it over Gilbert
-I'm also in the camp that sees Choice being our 3rd RB, while JW hits the road
-I like Asper to make it over Williams at OG (since he's more versatile and a possible b/u C down the line)
-Methinks Carmon will be PS material
-Howell might make the team (need more safeties anyways)
-Powell could possibly knock Moorman out, but we'll see.

Couple things I 100% agree with you on and HOPE happen:

-Dickerson making the team...really high on this kid and think he could be a real diamond in the rough.
-Kicking McGee to the curb. He's done, and for the first time in a decade each roster spot we have is valuable--he brings nothing special anymore.

The only other player I have making it is John Potter--and if he's anything like his college videos--touchback king on 70-yd kicks outside in Western Michigan--then he needs to make the team.

Lastly DB, if you or anyone else here has the dates for each round of cuts, could you please post them here? It would be most appreciated.

DraftBoy
07-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Lastly DB, if you or anyone else here has the dates for each round of cuts, could you please post them here? It would be most appreciated.

Late July: Training camps across the league begin.
Aug. 4: Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony
Aug. 28: Roster cutdown to 80 players
Sept. 2: Roster cutdown to 53 players.

BillsOverDolphins
07-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Late July: Training camps across the league begin.
Aug. 4: Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony
Aug. 28: Roster cutdown to 80 players
Sept. 2: Roster cutdown to 53 players.

Danke

Extremebillsfan247
07-26-2012, 05:06 PM

I think your right. With the way our defensive line will be stacked, I imagine that teams are going to try to spread us out with 4 and 5 wides, try to beat us with slants and screens.

Thief
07-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Given our injury issues the past few years Im not sure there is such a thing as too much depth along the OL.

Why keep him?

Late last season; http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/12/17/2642403/buffalo-bills-jarron-gilbert

Can't say that about any rookie, imo.

Don't disagree but you're only other option is Nesbitt.

Could be, he was my final cut it was him or Brooks/Rogers.There is a such thing as too much depth if it depletes from other areas.

DraftBoy
07-27-2012, 04:15 PM
There is a such thing as too much depth if it depletes from other areas.

The only area I think that argument happens at though is SAF where you options for depth are Nesbitt, Sukay, or Howell. Out of those three only Howell gives me the impression he could be at least decent and I think he's more PS likely than active roster. With any of those three though you're going to have depth issues still.