PDA

View Full Version : BBD: Camp Report Day 1

DraftBoy
07-26-2012, 10:03 PM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/07/training-camp-report-day-1/

The Buffalo Bills opened their training camp today to a packed house at St. John Fisher College.

Mario Williams walked on the field to a standing ovation at the start practice. He was the all the fans could talk about throughout the stands.

Not a ton to evaluate as the pads weren't on and it was Day 1 but a few interesting notes;
1-Fitz to Stevie Chemistry is there and that's huge
2-Young out threw Fitz
3-Glenn taking reps at OT AND OG

BillsOverDolphins
07-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Good to see the D-Line dominating right away. Did Kyle Williams look slowed at all from what limited action you saw?

Thanks for the report.

OpIv37
07-26-2012, 10:47 PM
I hope it's just a 1st day thing with Young and Fitz, because the last thing we need is a real QB controversy.

Skooby
07-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Luckily, Young can't outhrow Fitz.

Scumbag College
07-26-2012, 11:28 PM
I like Glenn taking snaps at both positions. Coaches must really want him on the field even if Hairston is the opening day starter at LT.

TigerJ
07-26-2012, 11:57 PM
I think it's well known that Young has a great arm and very nice mechanics. It's the mental part of the game where he has to work at it. In theory, at least, Fitz should shine at that aspect of the game, and most of the time he does. I hope David Lee's work with mechanics helps the physical issues.

YardRat
07-27-2012, 06:17 AM
2-Young out threw Fitz

I'm calling BS...I've read everything I could to this point, and this article is the only one that makes that contention. As a matter of fact, here's another viewpoint...

http://www.mpnnow.com/goldman/x1675665895/Observations-from-Bills-camp-for-July-26

Vince Young did not look good: The new quarterback's first reps in 7 on 7 went about as badly as possible. His first pass was tipped and intercepted by rookie Ron Brooks. He then threw an incomplete pass and was then picked off by Tank Carder. To be fair the offense is still new to Young and he started completing passes later in the practice.

BertSquirtgum
07-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Luckily, Young can't outhrow Fitz.

I think most will disagree with that. Young may be a mental midget but he has more talent than Fitzpatrick.

DraftBoy
07-27-2012, 06:37 AM
I'm calling BS...I've read everything I could to this point, and this article is the only one that makes that contention. As a matter of fact, here's another viewpoint...

http://www.mpnnow.com/goldman/x1675665895/Observations-from-Bills-camp-for-July-26

Vince Young did not look good: The new quarterback's first reps in 7 on 7 went about as badly as possible. His first pass was tipped and intercepted by rookie Ron Brooks. He then threw an incomplete pass and was then picked off by Tank Carder. To be fair the offense is still new to Young and he started completing passes later in the practice.

I asked about that an he said that people are writing that based almost exclusively on the picks. In reality Young threw better than Fitz in the individual drills and was almost the same in the 7 on 7's and 11 on 11'a except for his picks and Fitzy deep ball to Stevie.

I also found it odd but he says that's what he saw and I'm not there so I can't dispute it. Plus most people only focus on the big events (good or bad) and even if the rest of the day was just ok they are going to talk about just those big things.

Jan Reimers
07-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Michael82 was actually there, and he's a knowledgable football guy. His report would seem to indicate that Fitz was far better than Young. I'll go with his report, and I'll go with the really bright QB over the intellectually/emotionally challenged guy every time.

ZAZusmc03
07-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Hey DB, is Chris worth the follow on twitter? I like updates, but don't want to bother following him if its only 1 or 2 updates a day from TC.

The last buffalo fan
07-27-2012, 12:49 PM
"11-on-11 came next and that was where the fun really started. First impression, the D-line is absolutely crazy. Fitzpatrick barely had any time to get the ball off. The front four consisted of Mark Anderson, Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, and Williams. The front four were getting to the quarterback immediately and were putting pressure on him right from the snap."

:drool:

justasportsfan
07-27-2012, 01:25 PM
:drool:

you excited at the thought of 4 big guys coming at you?

DraftBoy
07-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Michael82 was actually there, and he's a knowledgable football guy. His report would seem to indicate that Fitz was far better than Young. I'll go with his report, and I'll go with the really bright QB over the intellectually/emotionally challenged guy every time.

Who are you referring to? I didn't write this report. Chris was also at camp.

I do agree though Michael is insanely good at his reports. Tried to get him to help us out, just didn't work out.

DraftBoy
07-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Hey DB, is Chris worth the follow on twitter? I like updates, but don't want to bother following him if its only 1 or 2 updates a day from TC.

He has about 10 or 11 last yesterday during camp, should be doing similar everyday he's there. He's a huge Brooklyn Nets fan otherwise.

kingJofNYC
07-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Troup hurt himself again today.

DraftBoy
07-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Who are you referring to? I didn't write this report. Chris was also at camp.

I do agree though Michael is insanely good at his reports. Tried to get him to help us out, just didn't work out.

That all being said its my job to make sure the reports are accurate and I will be watching the next few to see if there is a bias I need to address.

The last buffalo fan
07-27-2012, 05:04 PM

Do you really speak spanish?

YardRat
07-27-2012, 05:08 PM
That all being said its my job to make sure the reports are accurate and I will be watching the next few to see if there is a bias I need to address.

Thank you.

DraftBoy
07-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Thank you.

Not a problem, not being there I have to rely on others but I also understand that comes with some degree of risk. I have today's report posting momentarily and I am also reading everything else, like yourself.

ParanoidAndroid
07-29-2012, 08:51 AM

I had no idea he was hot for bears. (the urban definition)