• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Pro Shop Prices: Are you Kidding me?

Wow, I can get a Fred Jackson T-shirt for $38 bucks or I can get an authentic jersey from china for $25. Do they think the consumer is stupid? The NFL is basically responsible for driving all their jersey sales over seas.

Welcome to the Official Buffalo Bills Store, your home for all Bills Mafia gear. We've got all you need, including replica jerseys, training gear and much more!

or

You decide.
    Last edited by The King; 07-27-2012, 07:06 AM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Pro Shop Prices: Are you Kidding me?

Where is the T-Shirt made ?

That makes a difference. I'd pay a premium if it is made in America. But my money says the T-Shirt is not made here so the point is moot

and everyone already knows where i stand on the cheap Chinese jersey attitude. JUST SAY NO !

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

yeah it's pretty ridiculous.

When I was a kid, t-shirts used to be $15, hats would be about $20 and replica jerseys were around $45. Now, t-shirts are $38, hats are $40 and replicas are $80.

Granted, inflation is an unfortunate reality and few things are as cheap as they were 15-20 years ago. But at the same time, few other things in life have nearly doubled in price. If you go to the store to buy a Nike or Reebok t-shirt without a team logo on it, they're typically around $20, maybe $25- nowhere near the $38 that the NFL wants.

And the authentic jerseys are the biggest jack ever. They charge $225, meanwhile China can make ones that are only slightly lower quality for $30. And the authentic ones are made overseas, so it's not like the extra cost is due to making them in the US. There's just no reason for that price other than a blatant money grab.

If the NFL's merch prices were more reasonable, there would be far less bootlegging.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

Replica's are 100
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

seriously? They were $75 or $80 only about 2 or 3 years ago. Insane.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

yup
            It was all

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

I paid for my first replica $45.00, it was an Eric Moulds one. Then and because the prices were so "high" for me, I just waited for them to be on sale and got most of them at $10.00, of course all of the players were out of the team at the time. Since i found out about the China ones, I have been buying them ............... Go China and Go Bills!!
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl View Post
                and everyone already knows where i stand on the cheap Chinese jersey attitude. JUST SAY NO !
                Just say no to Chinese made jerseys sold direct to us for $25.

Just say yes to the exact same Chinese made jerseys from the same manufacturers but sold through several layers of wholesalers and distributors and ultimately from league sanctioned retailers and pay for everyone else's profits and licensing fees for $300.

Sounds American to me.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post

Just say yes to the exact same Chinese made jerseys from the same manufacturers but sold through several layers of wholesalers and distributors and ultimately from league sanctioned retailers and pay for everyone else's profits and licensing fees for $300.

Sounds American to me.

I say....... say no to all jerseys made in CHINA REGARDLESS OF PRICE.

If it's American made then step up and support America and Americans, but you're right that is the Ameircan way maximixze profits and screw over AMericans in th eprocess.. but a lot of fans are self defeating IMO

but if people are so willing to buy these cheap knockoffs then the chances of getting the NFL to do their business differently is nil..

I just want people to stand up and demand more American made goods, especially form a 9 billion $$$ American industry.

I actually emailed the Bills and asked them about the $38 T-Shirt and where it was made. I'm awaiting a response...
                  Last edited by ddaryl; 07-27-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                    I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                    • Sep 2004

Sounds American to me.
                    I have yet to see an "original" $300.00 jersey, but the $25.00 ones are 10 times better than the replicas and the replithentics in my opinon. It is a no brainer.
                    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

It's because of Nike. I figured once Nike took over, they would really rape the fans.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Michael82 View Post
                        It's because of Nike. I figured once Nike took over, they would really rape the fans.
                        Can't blame Nike entirely. This trend started long before they took over. They just made it worse.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

I say....... say no to all jerseys made in CHINA REGARDLESS OF PRICE.

If it's American made then step up and support America and Americans, but you're right that is the Ameircan way maximixze profits and screw over AMericans in th eprocess.. but a lot of fans are self defeating IMO

but if people are so willing to buy these cheap knockoffs then the chances of getting the NFL to do their business differently is nil..

I just want people to stand up and demand more American made goods, especially form a 9 billion $$$ American industry.

I actually emailed the Bills and asked them about the $38 T-Shirt and where it was made. I'm awaiting a response...
                          Saying no to Chinese-made jerseys means saying no to jerseys period. They just don't make them in the US no matter how much you are willing to pay.

Of course, the NFL is already jacking us on price, charging $225-300 for a product that MIGHT cost $20 to make overseas and ship here. At that price, they could still make a profit manufacturing them in the US, but we all know what would really happen: they'd use the higher production costs in the US as an excuse to jack the price up even more, and we'd be in the $500 range for authentics and probably the $200 range for replicas.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

You're focusing on the wrong things. America cannot compete in the cheap labor the South America and Asia offer. Our standard of living is far far too high for that.

The way for us to compete is in technology and innovation. That's what we're good at.
                            Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 07-27-2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

You're focusing on the wrong things. America cannot compete in the cheap labor the South America and Asia offer. Our standard of living is far far too high for that.

The way for us to compete is in technology and innovation. That's what we're good at.
                              Yeah, but "Buy American" makes a much better bumper stickers for union leaders to put on their Cadillacs and rednecks to put on their pickups.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X