PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Give Antonio Brown Big Bucks - $40 million

ghz in pittsburgh
07-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Leave Wallace hold empty bag.

Breaking new very soon.

Personally I'd go rank Brown ahead of Wallace, too. The latter clearly tailed off 2nd half last year while the former picked up.

You may say one helps the other. But from the Steelers land, everyone raves about Brown work ethics and everything and Wallace kept sticking to his Fitzgerald money tune. I don't believe the Bills should make a play on Wallace.

ZAZusmc03
07-27-2012, 05:57 PM
hey GHZ, where in the pittsburgh area are you?

BillsOverDolphins
07-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Both receivers are great. I'd love to have either one

ghz in pittsburgh
07-27-2012, 07:53 PM
hey GHZ, where in the pittsburgh area are you?
Robinson

Buffalogic
07-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Robinson

AB is actually the more versatile and more talented player.

BillsOverDolphins
07-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Robinson

Homeboy's got some money...i used to live off of Forest Grove

ghz in pittsburgh
07-27-2012, 08:17 PM
AB is actually the more versatile and more talented player.
That's close. Same school district as my girl.

Buffalogic
07-27-2012, 10:47 PM
That's close. Same school district as my girl.
That's funny. Fitzpatrick was in my school district when I was in high school.

ServoBillieves
07-28-2012, 07:41 AM
I lived in Moon most of my life. Worked at the Best Buy and old Golf Shop in Robinson.

better days
07-28-2012, 07:48 AM
Leave Wallace hold empty bag.

Breaking new very soon.

Personally I'd go rank Brown ahead of Wallace, too. The latter clearly tailed off 2nd half last year while the former picked up.

You may say one helps the other. But from the Steelers land, everyone raves about Brown work ethics and everything and Wallace kept sticking to his Fitzgerald money tune. I don't believe the Bills should make a play on Wallace.

Well with Brown under contract, Wallace will stay as a RFA this year & if they can't get a contract done, the Steelers can tag him next year.

Raptor
07-28-2012, 01:09 PM
That Stevie deal looks more and more like a straight margin everyday

lmcshadow
07-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Roony; dont play..they just shot a big rock in Wallace window

ghz in pittsburgh
07-28-2012, 04:05 PM
I lived in Moon most of my life. Worked at the Best Buy and old Golf Shop in Robinson.
Where are you now? I frequent Best buy and the Home depot there. We may crossed path before.

Regarding Wallace. I had to think the best way is a trade now if the Steelers can get a receiver in return somehow. But Wallace's contract demand is big. He wants to be the 3rd highest paid WR. The word is the Steelers approached him with a deal two days before Brown's deal that has $20 million guarantee and he turned it down.

Buddo
07-29-2012, 02:53 AM
Where are you now? I frequent Best buy and the Home depot there. We may crossed path before.

Regarding Wallace. I had to think the best way is a trade now if the Steelers can get a receiver in return somehow. But Wallace's contract demand is big. He wants to be the 3rd highest paid WR. The word is the Steelers approached him with a deal two days before Brown's deal that has $20 million guarantee and he turned it down.

Which would be another good reason for not bothering with him. While he's young enough, and his game does seem to have developed the last year or so, he would still scare me in the 'one trick pony' way, with the possibility of ending up like Evans did, with the Ravens. Add in the financial demands, and the need to give up a pretty high pick also, and he becomes a pretty unattractive proposition.

I'd also question whether or not he would actually be a good 'fit' for what Gailey wants from his receivers generally, as it seems he values versatility, in being able to move them around.
Wallace is certainly the best current WR around of the 'burner' variety, but I'm sure that wouldn't be enough for what we want out of our guys, and with Graham already here, we have the opportunity to bring a guy on, exactly as we want it done.

I'd also say that the timing for this sort of move is off, by at least a month. We are now at TC, and guys are competing for jobs. There will be cuts made, but to sign Wallace, cuts would have to be made now, and I'd prefer to see that assessment done on the basis of performance through camp, rather than summarily.

ZAZusmc03
07-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Robinson

Ok, I'm in Mccandless. Moved here from Rochester last year and am pretty happy with it down here. Although Stillers fans never stfu