PDA

View Full Version : Stevie the Prankster

YardRat
07-29-2012, 06:17 AM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/2012/07/28/lang_on_bills_stephon_gilmore_standing_out/

Like most teams, the Bills have a series of team fines during training camp. Fines are handed out if players are late for a meeting, late for practice or commit other typical training camp sins. The Bills also have a team fine for cell phones that go off during team meetings. Johnson said he phones other receivers during meetings to see if they remembered to turn off their ringer. As most guys use their phones as their alarm, Johnson said at least one of his teammates forget and end up with a fine.

Night Train
07-29-2012, 08:04 AM
Good to see Gilmore doing well. Takes the worry away from whether McGee is ready or not. Plus with the expected improved line/pass rush, Gilmore could start immediately.

SJ will never split the atom. Hopefully, he can be an effective target for Fitz once again and keep the displays to the sidelines after the plays.

YardRat
07-29-2012, 09:54 AM
There isn't any question at all Gilmore will be starting, IMO. The ? will be who starts opposite him...Williams, McKelvin or McGee. McGee is still hobbled, and I've seen reports where Williams has struggled at times, taking turns being hot and cold.

Buddo
07-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Gilmore is looking very impressive. The kid is like a limpet on his receiver, from seeing some of the stuff on bb.com. I thought at first that his selection, was a bit like that of Spiller, the talent was clearly the best available, but we might have wanted to go in a different direction. What I've seen so far of him (admittedly not a huge amount), he looks like he could well have been the intended pick all along. He might not be the absolutely most physically gifted of his CB class, but it seems to me as though if there's going to be a better player from it, they are going to have to be exceptional.

TigerJ
07-29-2012, 03:47 PM
I find myself wondering why Gilmore wasn't the highest rated CB in the draft. How is Claiborne better than Gilmore?

YardRat
07-29-2012, 07:33 PM
We'll find out in a few years which one was the better choice. Maybe.

PromoTheRobot
07-29-2012, 08:28 PM
I find myself wondering why Gilmore wasn't the highest rated CB in the draft. How is Claiborne better than Gilmore?

You mean Mel Kiper can't accurately predict the future? :question:

PTR

Buffalo Thriller
07-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Gilmore is going to be a good one.