• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

BBD: Camp Report Day 4

After a taking a well deserved day off on Saturday, our Bills Camp Reporter Chris Hooker was back at St. John Fisher for Sunday’s night practice under the lights. Here is his report!

The Buffalo Bills held their first night practice of training camp last night to a sold out crowd at St. John Fisher College.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: BBD: Camp Report Day 4

On a personal note its good to see Easley continuing to make plays after back to back set backs, he could go a long way to helping fill the void as a 2nd option to counter Johnson.

Also there have now been a number of reports citing Fitzpatrick inconsistent deep ball, this isn't mentioned in the report above but the clear consensus I've been told is that at 15 yards and under Fitzpatrick is killing Young, however when its a deeper pass Young's skillset appears superior. This means nothing in the grand scheme since they aren't competing for the starting job with each other. However for those asking about earlier reports and concerned about potential biases I asked around to some contacts I have that are also at camp and was able to get the above. Everybody I have spoken to including Chris all repeat the same thing though, it's only Day 4 so there is little to read into at this point.
    COMING SOON...

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
      • Jan 2010

I'm excited to see Easley is doing so well, and I'm even more excited to see our coaches giving him so many reps, to make up for all the time missed. I think he has all the tools to be a great threat against D's, but as we all know, he needs to stay healthy.

Comment

• Fixxxer
        • Jul 2002

It really is great to hear about Gilmore and Graham. I was reading an NFL forum (football future. com) during the draft and some of the "experts" thought Gilmore would surely bust in the NFL. I know, it was another fans opinion but there were too many to go unnoticed.

FWIW, Easley was having an excellent camp last year with only one bad pre-season game, his first as a pro. After some drops he stepped up big time the following games. The ability was always there, IMO. I hope the guy can officialy mak his NFL debut and have long carreer.

I'm worried about Pears injury, it seems Young isn't a viable back-up and I read Sanders was struggling so far. I know we have Hairston and he could start at RT but our depth could be in trouble.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

I like what I'm hearing from our WR's. We needed Easley to step up and I wasn't expecting much from TJ Graham early, but that's changing. Fitz seems to be throwing some nice looking footballs, and without a doubt he looks the part of the clear cut starter for this team.

Worried a little about Glenn at this point, but lots of time left. Video's I watched seem to indicate that Glenn is slow reacting at the snap.

Gilmore is money !

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fixxxer View Post
            It really is great to hear about Gilmore and Graham. I was reading an NFL forum (football future. com) during the draft and some of the "experts" thought Gilmore would surely bust in the NFL. I know, it was another fans opinion but there were too many to go unnoticed.

FWIW, Easley was having an excellent camp last year with only one bad pre-season game, his first as a pro. After some drops he stepped up big time the following games. The ability was always there, IMO. I hope the guy can officialy mak his NFL debut and have long carreer.

I'm worried about Pears injury, it seems Young isn't a viable back-up and I read Sanders was struggling so far. I know we have Hairston and he could start at RT but our depth could be in trouble.
            Re: Gilmore

It was and is a legit concern, he's still struggling with route recognition and bites on fakes in camp. I believe Chris wrote something to the effect that he's making plays and still getting burned. He's still a rookie in his fourth overall day of training camp so any opinion formed now doesn't mean much.

I'll take fewer big plays being made if it means he doesn't try and jump as many routes. For as good as the SEC is, he could recover there for mistakes in coverage he won't be able to do that here.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• k-oneputt
              • Jun 2009

I'll take Gilmore and his SEC play over McKelvin and his Sunbelt.

I'm not concerned at all about Gilmore. He will have a good long career in the league.

Glenn is the one at left tackle they need to get up to speed. I think he eventually will get there but thats a tough position to break in at and he will take some lumps along the way.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                I'll take Gilmore and his SEC play over McKelvin and his Sunbelt.

I'm not concerned at all about Gilmore. He will have a good long career in the league.

Glenn is the one at left tackle they need to get up to speed. I think he eventually will get there but thats a tough position to break in at and he will take some lumps along the way.
                I still believe Glenn needs to move inside to OG where he is a better prospect. A few people have pointed out that he's slow off the snap, this was an issue at UGA as well. See his games v. Boise and Michigan State.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                  chop chop
                  • Jun 2003

Should've drafted Floyd...
                  Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

If you guys have player notes requests let me know here, tweet them to me, or comment on the article. Chris is open to looking at whoever you guys want to know about.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                      chop chop
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                      If you guys have player notes requests let me know here, tweet them to me, or comment on the article. Chris is open to looking at whoever you guys want to know about.
                      Kelvin Sheppard
                      Aaron Williams
                      Kyle Williams
                      Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Fixxxer
                        • Jul 2002

Zebrie Sanders
                        Colin Brown
                        Kamar Aiken

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

DB has Freddy been carrying the ball much? All the highlights I see are of Spiller. How's Fred looking?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                            DB has Freddy been carrying the ball much? All the highlights I see are of Spiller. How's Fred looking?
                            Solid but I would assume the staff is still being a little cautious with him plus now is CJ's time to shine. Ill ask Chris to watch them in individual drills to see if Freddy looks off at all.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                              This might better answer your question:

The Bills say they have a better plan for tailback C.J. Spiller this season. He was mostly ignored as a running back until starter Fred Jackson was put on injured reserve with a broken leg. But Spiller, a former first-round pick, is getting more carries in practice and looks sharp heading into his third season. He broke a couple of big runs in Tuesday's practice. Expect Spiller to get more carries this season, but it's still going to be a major challenge taking Jackson off the field.

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills general manager Buddy Nix and coach Chan Gailey are not afraid.Both know this is a huge year in Buffalo. On paper, this is the best Bills team Gailey has coached and the best group Nix has put together.

Comment

Working...
                              X