PDA

View Full Version : Is it the playoffs or walking papers for Nix and Gailey?

X-Era
08-01-2012, 04:01 PM
So, it's a simple question but yet very weighted. Do the Bills need to go to the playoffs this year to keep their jobs? Personally, I may be in the minority but I think they both stay on even if we don't make the playoffs. I could even see them staying if we posted a record under .500.

Anyways, what do you think?

The King
08-01-2012, 04:03 PM
No. A lot of weird things can happen and keep you from the post season. The team needs to turn the corner to a winning record. That's the goal.

tatersalad
08-01-2012, 04:05 PM
I agree the blocks are in place now we need to build I think we are being built for the long haul vs a one year wonder

Ed
08-01-2012, 05:29 PM
I think Nix has done a great job of cleaning house and assembling a good staff. I think he's doing a great job of evaluating and bringing in talent. I have full faith and confidence that he can build a team that is consistently competitive. I like his personality and demeanor too. He also seems well respected and liked by players. I like the decisions he's made and the way he's handled business so I'm more than willing to roll with Buddy for a few more years and see what happens.

I think there's a lot more pressure on Gailey now to deliver, but I'm not willing to say we have to make the playoffs or move on. I'm a fan and I think he's the right guy for the job, but we'll just have to see how the season plays out. I mean if Fitz has a bad year and proves that he's just not the guy we need at QB, I'm not going to hold that against Gailey because I think he's getting the most out of him that anyone could.

ZAZusmc03
08-01-2012, 08:57 PM
It really depends on the outcome of the season. I mean if we go 10-6 and don't get a wildcard, can we be pissed at nix and gailey?

TigerJ
08-01-2012, 09:03 PM
I think if the Bills win 9 or 10 games Nix and Gailey will stay in Ralph Wilson's good graces regardless of whether they make the playoffs or not. If the Bills regress from last years record, the pair could be in trouble. Somewhere in between may save their jobs, but I could imagine Ralph Wilson grumbling at the two of them.

PromoTheRobot
08-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Only a damn fool thinks this way.

PTR

BLeonard
08-01-2012, 09:49 PM
IMO, Nix is safer than Gailey at this point.

On paper, Nix has given Gailey all of the tools necessary to field a winning team. After the offseason the Bills have had, combined with a fairly easy schedule, if Gailey STILL can't get this team to turn the corner, I have to start wondering what it WOULD take for Gailey to win.

That being said, if the Bills finish 10-6 and don't make the playoffs, I think Gailey is safe... But, if he can't break .500, he shouldn't get a 4th year.

Problem with that is, who do you hire to replace him? Give the players on the roster currently and Nix's history, the guy I would personally be calling would be Marty Shottenheimer... That is, if he's interested and if Ralph would be "comfortable" with him.

Hopefully, the Bills will do well, make the playoffs and this will be a non-issue come January.

-Bill

Extremebillsfan247
08-02-2012, 01:53 AM
When is the last time this team even finished a season with a winning record? Let's see that happen first, playoffs would be a bonus, anything beyond a wildcard would be gravy. A winning record keeps Gailey and company around for another season. JMO

BertSquirtgum
08-02-2012, 02:51 AM
Really? Gailey should keep his job if they don't make the playoffs? You guys are crazy.

Forward_Lateral
08-02-2012, 05:28 AM
Really? Gailey should keep his job if they don't make the playoffs? You guys are crazy.

And this post is a giant ****** with animal feces for brains.

BillsOverDolphins
08-02-2012, 05:55 AM
^
smfh...some Bills fans are just content being the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.

It's a win or GTFO league...Gailey has to go if the Bills don't make the playoffs--injuries or not. Besides, the last 2 SB champions were riddled with injuries, but they persevered. We're not asking for a SB (at least not right now)--just a mere playoff spot in a vastly inferior conference.

ddaryl
08-02-2012, 07:12 AM
No.. Nix and Gailey will be here for awhile.

BillsOverDolphins
08-02-2012, 07:34 AM
The Bengals finished something like 3-13 or 4-12 in 2010, but managed to make the playoffs the next year despite being led by 2 rookies and having to face 2 perennial AFC powerhouses in their division...........................................but I'm sure our excuses will be legit if we miss out on the playoffs again...

Night Train
08-02-2012, 09:35 AM
No, for all thee reasons mentioned above.

Only a chosen few are viewing Gailey, Nix & Co. in any questionable light. Too much optimism going around after this last off-season and this adm. appears to be doing a good job.

BertSquirtgum
08-02-2012, 11:10 PM
And this post is a giant ****** with animal feces for brains.

This post is a canadian. Nothing worse than that.

BertSquirtgum
08-02-2012, 11:18 PM
I can't believe some of the stupidity. Actually calling me a ****** for wanting Gailey fired if he can't make the playoffs. That's absolutely laughable. Ralph loves the stupid Bills fans.

Mr. Pink
08-03-2012, 07:01 AM
10-6 and no playoffs they should stay...a team theoretically could do that in the AFC...unless the 6th loss is week 17 against the Steelers backups type of loss. The goal at this point should be playoffs or bust though.

Another 5-11 type year and they should be shown the door, no questions asked.

ddaryl
08-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I can't believe some of the stupidity. Actually calling me a ****** for wanting Gailey fired if he can't make the playoffs. That's absolutely laughable. Ralph loves the stupid Bills fans.

well I didn't call you a ******, I merely said boo hiss, what I got back was little harsher

Thread: Is it the playoffs or walking papers for Nix and Gailey? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/212869-Is-it-the-playoffs-or-walking-papers-for-Nix-and-Gailey?p=3659723#post3659723)
Blow me

As long as this team is getting better I would not want Gailey fired... he has the team well organized IMO.. and he is by far the best coach this team has had in a long long time.

I see no scenario in where the Bills go 5- 11 this year... and the only scenario that puts at 8-8 or less would be an onslaught of injuries IMO

continuity is important another Coach gut would take this team back 3 years again..

BertSquirtgum
08-03-2012, 10:18 PM
well I didn't call you a ******, I merely said boo hiss, what I got back was little harsher

My post was directed towards a Canadian douche bag.

BertSquirtgum
08-03-2012, 10:20 PM
10-6 and no playoffs they should stay...a team theoretically could do that in the AFC...unless the 6th loss is week 17 against the Steelers backups type of loss. The goal at this point should be playoffs or bust though.

Another 5-11 type year and they should be shown the door, no questions asked.

I don't think Buddy should be fired no matter what. Gailey should be fired if the Bills don't make the playoffs, IMO. Of course, there is always the possibility that they do have a good record and everybody else is just as good. In that case, Gailey should stay. Although, with a 10-6 record it's highly unlikely they don't at least get a wild card berth.

Syderick
08-04-2012, 01:38 AM
This post is a canadian. Nothing worse than that.

What's wrong with being Canadian?

streetkings01
08-04-2012, 02:32 PM
I think you have to give Gailey at least next season if he doesn't lead this team to the playoffs next year. I don't want to see this roster turned over again next year..........I feel like we're a good HC away from being a Super Bowl contender. This is the best Bills team on paper we've seen since 2003.

BertSquirtgum
08-04-2012, 03:18 PM
What's wrong with being Canadian?

You're not American.

thenry20
08-06-2012, 12:16 PM
I believe that if they don't make it this year or next then yes they will be relieved of their duties. They aren't on the hot seat just yet.

Philagape
08-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Is there a grown-up version of this thread?

PTI
08-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Misread the question, meant to vote Yes. They should both absolutely be fired if they do not make the playoffs.

better days
08-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Misread the question, meant to vote Yes. They should both absolutely be fired if they do not make the playoffs.

Well, if you want a team that turns over the HC & GM every couple years, you can root for the Redskins. That is no way to run an NFL team.

Figster
08-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Only a damn fool thinks this way.

PTR

I agree PTR,

This is the best GM/HC combinations the Buffalo bills have had in years.

I was impressed with your playoff format and perhaps If the NFL took your format into consideration the Bills would have a better chance at reaching the playoffs.

9-7 or 10-6 football teams should not be missing the playoffs