X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Day Six: Gailey troubled by second-team offense

Asked about Thigpen’s accuracy, coach Chan Gailey said: "It's a little early, but it's a concern, and it's not just Tyler. He and Vince both are having some trouble there. The twos in general are not performing very well offensively. I think our ones are doing some good things, but our twos are struggling offensively.”
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Day Six: Gailey troubled by second-team offense

young and thigpen neck and neck in the stankfest

thigpen has always been more of a gamer, that is he stinks at practice but rachets it all the way up to barely mediocre for the games. i predicted young would likely get cut but if thigpen doesnt show way more than he did last year in preseason hes going to open the door for young. although preseason means nothing, if im chan im thinking might as well go with youngs crappy accuracy and incredible elusiveness over thigpens just crappy throwing
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• gameboy
      • Jul 2002

As it stands now, if something happens to Fitz, our offense is going to look like the Costa Concordia in its final days.

It Young doesn't get it figured out in the remaining days of camp and preseason, I'd rather use the waiver wire than rely on these guys.

Comment

• Meathead
        • Jul 2002

barring a stunning development somewhere in the league, chan isnt going to take a chance trying to get somebody new up to speed. he would have absolutely no choice but to scrap their current offense and put something else together for a new guy to digest and implement. he might as well do that with young or thigpen if he has to

thigpen at least can run the offense, even though he will only complete about half his passes it will at least be the same offense. with young they would run a traditional offense, which is limited but can be implemented quickly, and then let him create like he always has. assuming young has really finally matured and wouldnt blow up the team with his shenanegans, i would probably go with the latter, though neither guy looks very appealing right now

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

I suspect Gailey and Nix might be starting to regret their failure to draft a QB the last couple of years. I'll be shocked if they don't draft one in 2013. I wonder if there is a chance Brad Smith gets elevated to #2, or are we just not hearing about inaccuracy issues with him because he's not getting the reps?
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
            barring a stunning development somewhere in the league, chan isnt going to take a chance trying to get somebody new up to speed. he would have absolutely no choice but to scrap their current offense and put something else together for a new guy to digest and implement. he might as well do that with young or thigpen if he has to

thigpen at least can run the offense, even though he will only complete about half his passes it will at least be the same offense. with young they would run a traditional offense, which is limited but can be implemented quickly, and then let him create like he always has. assuming young has really finally matured and wouldnt blow up the team with his shenanegans, i would probably go with the latter, though neither guy looks very appealing right now
            If Brad Smith were at least semi-competent, that might give Gailey enough confidence to use the waiver wire. If he felt Smith could get the team through a game with at least a chance of winning, Chan would have a little time to get an acquired QB sufficiently up to speed to outplay Young or Thigpen.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• jpdex12
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
              If Brad Smith were at least semi-competent, that might give Gailey enough confidence to use the waiver wire. If he felt Smith could get the team through a game with at least a chance of winning, Chan would have a little time to get an acquired QB sufficiently up to speed to outplay Young or Thigpen.
              Since we are looking solid on depth now, guaranteed our first round pick in 2013 we grab Barkley, Landry, Logan Thomas or Geno Smith.
              Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12 View Post
                Since we are looking solid on depth now, guaranteed our first round pick in 2013 we grab Barkley, Landry, Logan Thomas or Geno Smith.
                We would be trading up at least 25 spots to get Barkley and Landry.
                Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-02-2012, 10:26 PM.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Should've hung on to Tanney for TC.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Meathead
                    • Jul 2002

Transcripts: HC Gailey

Posted 3 hours ago

On if the second team offense took a step forward:

I do not know. I will have to watch the film. I think they did. It is hard to go to the other way.

ouch

second team offense dissed out loud by the chanmeister
                    Last edited by Meathead; 08-02-2012, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Meathead
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                      i dont think they look at smith as a real qb option. hes really the wc and emergency qb only who will always stay right in that qb3 combo role as long as hes on the team. they would likely go find a serious retread vet like kerry collins or something if fitz and whoever wins the qb2 were both out

Comment

Working...
                      X