PDA

View Full Version : BZ All Pro: RB

The King
08-03-2012, 07:08 AM
It's Friday, let's go with a big one today. Running Back.

There are tons names that can be mentioned here, but IMO MJD has done more with less.

Mindbender
08-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Adrian Peterson.

Mr. Pink
08-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Matt Forte

justasportsfan
08-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Matt Forte

Ditto

EDIT: I meant Chris Johnson

The King
08-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Please explain.

He hasn't had a single season over 1,200 yards or double digit TD's.

Well except 08 where he ran for 1238 yards and 12 TD's (8 rushing 4 receiving)

The King
08-03-2012, 10:20 AM
I think Forte is a top tier back mostly for his effectiveness in Martz's passing schemes but I dont consider him to be in the Peterson, Johnson, Foster, MJD class.

Mr. Pink
08-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Ok, so almost half a decade ago he barely made it over 1200 yards and had double digit TDs if you include receptions.

That's nice, but I dont see how that justifies him as the best RB in the NFL. Especially considering that most of a RUNNING back's responsibility, is, ya know, running.

Outside of the fact he was accounting for something ridiculous like 43% of Chicago's offense last year til he got hurt and was 3 yards short of 1000 in 12 games. The fact that he's as big of a threat catching the ball out of the backfield as he is running it. And he does it all out of Mike Martz's pass happy offense. He accounted for 1487 yards from scrimmage last year as well.

Mr. Pink
08-03-2012, 11:20 AM
I think Forte is a top tier back mostly for his effectiveness in Martz's passing schemes but I dont consider him to be in the Peterson, Johnson, Foster, MJD class.

Chris Johnson looked terrible and a step slower last year. Peterson is now trying to come back from a major injury.

I can't say anything bad about MJD or Foster though. To me, Forte is right with those guys.

Mr. Pink
08-03-2012, 11:22 AM
This upcoming season - Darren McFadden

You mock Forte and throw out 1200 yards and double digits TDs and running...

When did McFadden do 1200 yards or double digits TDs on the ground? I'll give you a hint when he finally does do it, it'll be his first.

The King
08-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Chris Johnson looked terrible and a step slower last year. Peterson is now trying to come back from a major injury.

I can't say anything bad about MJD or Foster though. To me, Forte is right with those guys.

AP still hasnt played poorly which is why I keep him there. And CJ is still young.

I think Forte is in a group with Turner and Charles.

I break it down like this.

Foster
MJD
AP
McCoy
Johnson

Rice
Jackson
Turner
Forte
Charles

And I put Fred Jackson and McFadden on the outside looking in. Both with huge capability but have yet to hold it together for a full 16.

Mr. Pink
08-03-2012, 11:39 AM
I didn't throw anything out. I said the last time he did it was nearly half a decade ago and it was including running AND receiving.

If you want to include receiving, then McFadden has done it as well.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the point. He is their only weapon so of course he is going to get all of the yards, touches, and receptions. And he STILL doesn't put up very good numbers.

McFadden has never rushed for over 1200 yards, Forte has.

And 1487 yards from scrimmage in 12 games is something to sneeze at these days? And if memory serves me right, he was hurt early in that week 12 matchup vs the Chiefs too.

In comparison, McFadden had 768 yards from scrimmage in 7 games. And Chris Johnson had 1465 yards from scrimmage in 16 games.

Mr. Pink
08-03-2012, 11:49 AM
You're missing the point. Forte is their only weapon so they use him like a mule. When you get nearly 50% of the offensive production, youre going to get yardage. A running back's main purpose is to RUN. It's nice when they can catch too, but a high catch % is indication of poor running ability on 1st down which leads to more passing downs on 2nd and 3rd. McFadden had almost 800 yards in 6 games (he was injured in the beginning of the 7th game), and that was with very FEW rushes and receiving attempts. Thus why he had a 5.4 average YPC.

By the way, are you really going to point to Forte BARELY breaking 1200 yards almost half a decade ago?

I'm pointing it out because 1200 was your set benchmark on a back and the guy you're picking has never done it. Nothing more, nothing less.

And used like a mule? FFS what else do the Raiders have besides McFadden? Bush had like 40 carries while McFadden was healthy.

The King
08-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Barber took a bunch of TD's away from Forte too.

ublinkwescore
08-03-2012, 12:46 PM
This is Fred Jackson's year.

SquishDaFish
08-03-2012, 01:02 PM
MJD