Not if.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Goodell on NFLN re: LA

Is this surprising to anyone? The stadium is all but built and it's the biggest TV market in the country.

We just have to hope it isn't us.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Probably belongs in the NFL Zone since it won't be us...

Last edited by X-Era; 08-03-2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
        Probably belongs in the NFL Zone since it won't be us...

I'd love to know why you're so confident, especially given the other thread about Ralph's health.

Until there is something concrete keeping the team in Buffalo, moving to LA remains a realistic possibility.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          I'd love to know why you're so confident, especially given the other thread about Ralph's health.

Until there is something concrete keeping the team in Buffalo, moving to LA remains a realistic possibility.
          What proof do you have that says were moving? If anything theres more evidence that says were staying... Kelly's comments, etc...

I mean what are your confident will happen?
          Last edited by X-Era; 08-03-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

What proof do you have that says were moving? If anything theres more evidence that says were staying... Kelly's comments, etc...

I mean what are your confident will happen?
            I don't have any proof that we are moving and I never claimed to.

I simply said that it's a possibility until until there is something concrete that the Bills are staying.

Now, since you are so confident that the Bills are staying, where is your proof? The Toronto deal is a good start but it could still easily be bought out.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Slim
              • Apr 2004

I hope it turns out to be the Chargers or Raiders. Both teams have kind of ****ty fan-base turnout as it is.
              Last edited by Slim; 08-03-2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Without me verifying facts and figures, I believe it's a solid theory.
                Last edited by jamze132; 08-04-2012, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                  • Sep 2008

This again?

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247 View Post
                    This again?
                    We should just bump this every month, yell " wolf,wolf,wolf ! ", then go back to talking about the Bills.

We've been moving for 20 years.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      I don't have any proof that we are moving and I never claimed to.

I simply said that it's a possibility until until there is something concrete that the Bills are staying.

Now, since you are so confident that the Bills are staying, where is your proof? The Toronto deal is a good start but it could still easily be bought out.
                      Using your logic the Pats are moving too.
                      Last edited by X-Era; 08-04-2012, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                        We should just bump this every month, yell " wolf,wolf,wolf ! ", then go back to talking about the Bills.

We've been moving for 20 years.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

Nice posting Literate

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by LiterateStylish View Post
                            Honestly, there is no chance the Bills relocate. I've been trying to tell people this for years. There is absolutely nothing to worry about.

1) The Bills are 9th in the ENTIRE NFL in PROFIT. They don't bring in us as much revenue as the larger teams, but what they do bring in, they keep a much larger percentage of it. In fact, the Bills earn more profit per season than San Diego, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Carolina, Philly, NO, Denver, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, NYJ, Baltimore, STL, Oakland, Tennessee, KC, Miami, GB, Seattle, Minny, San Fran, Cleveland, and Detroit. And GET THIS! The Bills profited in 2011 more than Detroit, Cleveland, San Fran, Minnesota, Seattle, GB, and Miami COMBINED.

2) The league has long wanted to expand to Canada, which is why they were so eager to allow Ralph to sign the deal with Rogers. The Bills are currently the closest thing they have to a team in Canada, and they will not want any part in removing that faction. There is a chance that the team moves to Toronto sometime in the distant future, but LA? No.

3) The Bills own a very large part of the fan base in New York State, upper PA, and lower Ontario, Canada. This is not only evident in ticket sales, but is also clearly seen in Apparel Sales, DirecTV subscriptions, advertising revenue generated from targeting these areas and so forth. Due to the Bills owning such a large faction of land in a prime area, it would be near impossible for the league to allow a move and not lose a substantial amount. This map actually illustrates it quite well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15692[/ATTACH]

I think when it comes down to it, most people are going to be surprised that its the Oakland Raiders that are moved.

1) They are 30th in the NFL when it comes to revenue and they are 31st in TEAM VALUE. Meaning, there is only one team in the NFL that could theoretically be purchase for less than the Raiders. This makes the Raiders an enticing commodity. You don't flip a $200,000 house that is making the landlord $5,000 a month. You flip a house that is worth $65,000 and has the possibility to make you $5,000 a month in a few years with some major improvement.

2) The Raiders lease with their Stadium in Oakland EXPIRED in 2010. However, the team signed a short extension that will leave the Raiders in Oakland until 2013. Just two more seasons. Mark David, owner of the Raiders, has said that he is open to moving the team. "We have to find a way to (generate more revenue) .... We need to sell more season tickets. We're in a deficit-spending situation, and we need to start getting our revenue up." - Mark Davis. Not to mention that it was rumored that Al Davis had met with the LA proposer in 2009.

2) They own a VERY SMALL chunk of California when it comes to fan base. Especially compared to San Diego and San Fran.

That's my 2 cents. It doesn't add up. Bills aren't going anywhere.
                            The profit thing is moot if the NFL thinks it can make more profit in LA. Also, one main reason why the Bills are profitable is because of a lack of stadium debt that teams like Dallas and NE have. The Ralph is at the end of it's service life, so that situation won't stay true forever.

I agree that the NFL wanted to expand to Canada, but I think they may have been discouraged by the Bills in Toronto series.

Moving Oak or SD LA makes more sense than Buf, but the lack of a stadium deal and Ralph's age may make our team available first.

And as far as the fan base, the Bills lost a generation of fans by 10 years of suckage that coincided with the advent of technology like DirecTV and the Internet, which means fans are no longer limited to watching their local team.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Using your logic the Pats are moving too.
                              Oh really? The Pats play in a small market in an aging stadium with no lease and have an owner on the brink of death whose family has no interest in running the team, and there are few people if anyone in Boston who could afford to buy the team and keep it there?

You clearly dontr understand "logic."
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X