PDA

View Full Version : Hairston playing some RT today

ddaryl
08-03-2012, 05:46 PM
What does it mean..

Is Glenn getting the nod ?

Is Hairston pushing Pears down the depth chart ?

Will Glenn see any time at RT ?

Inquiring minds want to know ?

X-Era
08-03-2012, 06:05 PM
It means nothing. Hairston played RT all through OTA's. They play both sides so to give to build experience in case of injury.

This battle won't end until at least after the first preseason game. I think it may just last until just after the 3rd preseason game.

ddaryl
08-03-2012, 06:46 PM
In your opinion who would you rather see over at RT.... Pears of Hairston ? That is if Glenn is ready to go at Lt

Meathead
08-03-2012, 06:47 PM
well lets be honest, the bills really want glenn to win the lt job and are giving him every opportunity to do that. while i think their minds are certainly open to hairston winning the job, they also realize hairston already has experience at RT and would be a fantastic swing tackle if glenn does win the job

lets put it this way, i doubt they will have glenn spend much time at RT because they dont want to overload him at this early juncture and want him to concentrate on LT. they know hairston can play both so why not give him some time at RT to maximize their fallback options. makes sense

X-Era
08-03-2012, 08:22 PM
In your opinion who would you rather see over at RT.... Pears of Hairston ? That is if Glenn is ready to go at Lt
I am a big fan of Hairston. It would be easy for me to say I'd like Hairston over Pears at RT. But, I want the best player to win the job. If that's Pears and Hairston becomes our swing OT I like our depth.

ddaryl
08-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Either way We should have decent depth

I have to figure they will make the best effort to put their 5 best OL out there to start.

Glenn being a rookie does probably hinder the possibility of him seeing time at RT,

Glenn, Levitre, Wood, ??? Hairston possible

who's been getting the most reps at RG ?

YardRat
08-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Not getting Glenn reps at RT is a mistake IMO, because the best line they could put out there just might be Hairston-Levitre-Wood-Urbick-Glenn.

ddaryl
08-04-2012, 06:51 AM
I would of thought getting Glenn in at RT some in rookie year might be beneficial, but I also agree that as a rookie they want him to focus on one position.

Gelnn Levitre Wook Urbik and Hairston might be the line

I expect a little bit of a shakeup from last season since Bell is gone and Glenn is in

Night Train
08-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Pears is hurt, so you don't compound the learning curve by throwing Glenn over at RT, if you want him to be your LT.

Hariston can be the swing guy. He's been here longer and has received reps at both positions before. Pears needs to get healthy. Sam Young has been getting lots of reps at RT. Leave Glenn at LT and let him develop.

ddaryl
08-04-2012, 07:13 AM
That makes sense, and seems to be Gailey's M.O... He doesn't overwhelm his rookies... LT is just such a premiere position in the NFL and you'd think he might just need some time to feel out the speed of the NFL game, and doing it at RT would give him such an experience.

Hairston already has some RT experience... Pears was solid last year though... BUT If I remember people were down on Urbik some. SO has anyone worked in at RG to challenge or has Urbik been a lock.

ParanoidAndroid
08-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Why are we hearing nothing about Zebrie Sanders?

ddaryl
08-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Sanders is a project... I forsee him being a PS player this year. We brought in a bunch of OL last year throughout the season who now have some Bills O experience and a full OTA and now camp, so it's going to be hard to make this team.

Sam Young has had his name mentioned a couple of times... he was brought in after pre-season.

We are definitely stacked with some competition... Gonna be interesting to see who wins the depth battles.

http://i.imm.io/zdI0.png
http://i.imm.io/zdIm.png
http://i.imm.io/zdIR.png
http://i.imm.io/zdJ5.png
http://i.imm.io/zdJL.png
http://i.imm.io/zdK5.png

ParanoidAndroid
08-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Sanders was a 5th rounder who was considered much higher earlier in the year. If you put him on the PS, he's as good as gone. He needs to make the roster if he has serious potential. Either that or he was not worth a 5th round pick. The fact that no one is mentioning him, including Chris Brown, makes me lean towards the latter. I hope not.

ParanoidAndroid
08-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Well..... I just read the BB.com day 8 report and Sanders took some reps at RT with the first team to give Hairston a break because of the Pears injury. So, it appears that maybe he's the 5th tackle right now behind Sam Young. Bah. Young played in 4 games last year and has the experience edge. I hope Sanders overtakes him because Young has been no match for whoever lines up at RDE in practices.
Man. Are we STILL struggling to find some OT's?

Hairston - OK
Rears - OK
Glenn - ?
Young - Below average
Sanders - ?
Carmon - ?

Scumbag College
08-04-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm fine with going with four tackles on the roster...Glenn could be used as a OG/OT and Sanders has too much potential to leave on the PS. I'd consider starting Glenn at Guard for the preseason and seeing how Hairston and Pears do starting at Tackle. With the seemingly constant injuries the Bills have on the offensive line, it would be good to keep 9 or 10 OL. I'd consider also only keeping two TEs on the roster and bringing in a sixth OL on short yardage situations as a tackle eligible.

Opening day OLs

Wood
Brown
Rhinehart
Urbik
Levitre
Glenn
Hairston
Pears
Sanders

Possible PS Asper or make him the tenth active roster spot on the OL to start the year, barring injuries or phenomenal play from an UFDA or backup.

Can't wait for preseason to start Thursday.

YardRat
08-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Opening day OLs

Wood
Brown
Rhinehart
Urbik
Levitre
Glenn
Hairston
Pears
Sanders

Possible PS Asper

That's the way I see it at the moment, although originally I did have Sanders on the PS also.

ddaryl
08-04-2012, 12:24 PM
I've heard some good words on Sam Young from camp reports, but they were brief. Haven't heard much negative, although andy above mentions him having some troubles.

I think Sanders is a PS player this year, I don't think he wil be gone at all if we put him there. There will be more intruiging veteran releases for teams ot pick through IMO

Jasper saw some 1st string reps last night I believe, although he would most likely get a 2nd year on the PS squad, but obviously he is doing well enough to earn a few 1st team reps.

Not much reporting being done on the OL outside Hairston and Glenn battle, and Woods taking it slow

ddaryl
08-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Depth Chart

http://i.imm.io/zfLg.png

Hairston over Glenn week 1

JASPER LG backup !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thought that was of interest

Sanders 3rd string

ddaryl
08-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Of interest regarding the OL is Jasper moving up the charts. Working with 1's and 2''s today

Found this quote by a diehard Bills fan who flew in from Wyoming to attend camp.. that's diehard

Can’t turn in a report without a Jasper comment. He was once again going with the 1s and 2s. LOL... he is definitely the “immovable object”. I forgot which defender I saw bounce off of him like a ping pong. I know it wasn’t Mario though, LOL.

can anyone else confirm if his play is looking good enough to land a spot. Haven't heard much OL talk outside the T's

kishoph
08-06-2012, 03:04 AM
I think Pears did a pretty good job last season, playing in all 16 games, giving up 3 1/2 sacks. He did have a problem with false starts, I think being called 3 or 4 times. Who knows how this current injury will turn out. I hope that Glenn can land the LT spot, leaving Pears and Hairston to battle it out for the RT spot, with the best man starting.