PDA

View Full Version : WR a position of strength imo so far

Cali512
08-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Now most will disagree with me, but to me it seems realistic that aside from DL and RB. WR could be our strongest position down the line. Im saying this because most teams and with ours in recent years, have 1-2 WRs, or more, that show flashes but then suck. Or they just dominate the 2nd-3rd stringers but suck in game. Then you look at our WRs. The issue isnt, none of our players are doing enough to start, or none are good enough to. The problem is that they all have been consistent, have all caught deep passes, short ones, and virtually run the whole route tree and weve seen just about each player make a bunch of highlights. Not only that, each WR, from Jones, all the way to Roosevelt, have seen staps with the ones, and, produced. Not to mention all our CBs are good. Are 2nd stringers were our starters for the past 3 years, we have 3 great safetys, and sub par QBs. The fact that with all this, that each WR is producing and doing a great job just about everyday, shows its becomming a position of strength. I could honestly say that Roosevelt, Clowney, and Graham would all be starters during the Jauron and Mularky era. So i believe this just might be a great core!

Meathead
08-03-2012, 08:35 PM
yeah idk about that

the good news is that there are plenty of candidates. the bad news is that none of them has shown to be a consistent threat in real games

jones has done the most and had a few good games, but even he was healthy his production was spotty. im willing to give him a second chance to correct his stone hands problem that cropped up just before he got hurt last year, but hes really the leader only by circumstance

the only thing more meaningless than preseason production is camp production. im reasonably confident chudley is right and they will find more than enough talent to get the job done, but im not ready to say its going to be a strength