ddaryl
08-04-2012, 01:41 PM
http://i.imm.io/zfIF.png

http://i.imm.io/zfIV.png

http://i.imm.io/zfJ5.png

let the discussions begin

YardRat
08-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Ruvell Martin shouldn't even be on the team, let alone ranked ahead of those other guys on the depth chart.

Mindbender
08-04-2012, 01:59 PM
I hate that Tashard Choice is 3rd on this chart.

Skooby
08-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Aaron Williams has his chance.

ddaryl
08-04-2012, 02:05 PM
It's early and IMO in most cases experience is trumping inexperience in these battles for week #1 preseason

I expect some shake up soon after

ParanoidAndroid
08-04-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm putting zero stock in this.

ServoBillieves
08-04-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm not really shocked about any of this.

PromoTheRobot
08-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Mike Jasper @ #2 OG is a surprise.

PTR

BillsOverDolphins
08-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Has anybody been ruled out as of now?

OpIv37
08-04-2012, 04:49 PM
It's the first preseason game slim not gonna get too worked up about anything, but it's a bit discouraging that Easley is so low in the chart in a lackluster group of WR's.

YardRat
08-04-2012, 06:34 PM
It's the first preseason game slim not gonna get too worked up about anything, but it's a bit discouraging that Easley is so low in the chart in a lackluster group of WR's.

Maybe it's a kick in the ass from Gailey. Maybe it's actually a good sign, that Jones, Graham, Hagan etc are outpracticing a 'healthy' Easley.

BertSquirtgum
08-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Donald Jones are #2 makes me want to puke. He's absolutely terrible.

BillsOverDolphins
08-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Donald Jones are #2 makes me want to puke. He's absolutely terrible.

Yep. Also, what in God's name is Pigpen doing ahead of VY? This reeks of hore****.

BertSquirtgum
08-04-2012, 08:47 PM
It reeks of Chan Gailey being a stubborn ****.

YardRat
08-05-2012, 07:53 AM
It reeks of Chan Gailey being a stubborn ****.

It's just a starting point, respecting last season's roster and contributors, except for the obvious personnel additions that were made in the off-season.

Jones gets the #2 because he earned it last year, prior to injury. Williams, Anderson, Gilmore get the nods because that's what they were brought in to do and the talent gap is obvious.

As ddaryl already said, this should look different for the second game, and I would expect it to.

YardRat
08-05-2012, 08:01 AM
If anything should be taken from this initial chart, it's how certain players are performing in practices up to this point.

The wide receivers, Glenn and Young are clearly not taking advantage of the opportunity enough to overtake the incumbents that held on to starting/roster spots last season.

Night Train
08-05-2012, 08:34 AM
I knew I shouldn't have purchased that Fendi Onobun custom jersey.

Dammit... :doh:

X-Era
08-05-2012, 10:11 AM
The part I like is the backup QB battle will give us fairly decent QB play (for a preseason game) probably into the 4th quarter. Maybe even the whole game. We should get a better eval of the WR's because of it...

I'll also be very anxious to watch Moats, Carder, and Bradham.

BillsOverDolphins
08-05-2012, 11:22 AM
People can make a case for Donald Jones starting if they want--it'd be a losing case, but knock yourselves out anyways.

Thigpen, OTOH, should be nowhere near an NFL field. He seriously might be the worst player in the NFL. If I were one of his teammates I'd toss his red practice jersey. He's a POS

YardRat
08-05-2012, 11:37 AM
People can make a case for Donald Jones starting if they want--it'd be a losing case, but knock yourselves out anyways.

If Hagan keeps it up, he may supplant Jones as a starter.

ddaryl
08-05-2012, 01:36 PM

Thigpen, OTOH, should be nowhere near an NFL field. He seriously might be the worst player in the NFL. If I were one of his teammates I'd toss his red practice jersey. He's a POSL

spoken like someone who believes they know something more then those who do it for living and get paid huge amounts to do so.

There is a reason why Jones is still in the competition. Yes he has to go out and prove it, but last year was his 1st real season. I can't fully judge the player on that one season.

BOTTOM LINE FACT Jones will be playing plenty of WR for the Bills early on this season..

I have yet to hear much of anything negative about Jones in camp this year. He has been a reliable consistent target against a solid hard hitting Bills D. That's my case... Yeah I have some trepidation based off of last years performance, but the powers that be don't seem to be phased. he only played 8 games last year.