PDA

View Full Version : Jim Leonhard left Buffalo Thursday without a contract & just signed with the Broncos

Skooby
08-04-2012, 04:54 PM
I just saw it scrolling on the ticker.

Meathead
08-04-2012, 05:22 PM
just heard it on espn radio

too bad but maybe hes gonna start there. never woulda here unless somebody went down, which is what buddy is looking for

BertSquirtgum
08-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Good. He sucks.

Mr. Miyagi
08-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Oh well. Would've been a nice story but he's obviously not healthy enough to play for us. F it.

Night Train
08-05-2012, 08:35 AM
There is no way he's physically ready for the long haul.

That injury of his was pretty bad and he's already old and limited.

Extremebillsfan247
08-06-2012, 06:51 AM

That injury of his was pretty bad and he's already old and limited. I've read that it's the same injury that Terrence McGee is recovering from. I'm wondering if his slow development was a factor in the Bills decision to not sign Leonhard. It's doubtful, but a theory as far fetched as it is. I'm thinking they want someone who can contribute right away. With a new defense being installed, I could imagine the last thing they want is a free agent who has to spend his first few weeks with the team in recovery from a serious injury. Once the season starts it's hard for a new player to catch up with the rest of the team. The Bills want to have all players on the same page by game 1 in September. JMO

better days
08-06-2012, 09:40 AM

That injury of his was pretty bad and he's already old and limited.

Yeah, I read that he won't be able to play until at least Oct.

justasportsfan
08-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Now that he signed somewhere...he was too small, too injury prone and sucked as a returner anyways.

thenry20
08-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Another reason why Buffalo wasn't a fit for him was because he knew he had no shot at starting. Nix said he wanted more depth there, i.e,. backups only.

starrymessenger
08-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Anyone else think it was strange that Chan was not at his workout?

Skooby
08-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Anyone else think it was strange that Chan was not at his workout?

That showed his level of interest right there didn't it.

justasportsfan
08-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Jim Leonhard, Keith Brooking could be cut by Broncos
Leonhard was activated off the physically unable to perform list, but still isn't fully ready for practice.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000052990/article/jim-leonhard-keith-brooking-could-be-cut-by-broncos?module=HP11_headline_stack

better days
08-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Jim Leonhard, Keith Brooking could be cut by Broncos
Leonhard was activated off the physically unable to perform list, but still isn't fully ready for practice.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000052990/article/jim-leonhard-keith-brooking-could-be-cut-by-broncos?module=HP11_headline_stack

When the Bills brought him in, the word was he may not be able to play until Oct.

Meathead
08-22-2012, 04:23 PM
even if they liked leonhard its a tough call to add him to your team. do you bump a promising young player to add him even though he wont be ready until at least a quarter of the season is gone? are you even positive he will be ready then? how will he perform without having camp and game reps up to that point? are there other players from cutdowns and practice squads youd rather have available right away?

Mr. Miyagi
08-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Sign him to 2 year contract and stash him away on IR.

YardRat
08-22-2012, 04:28 PM
even if they liked leonhard its a tough call to add him to your team. do you bump a promising young player to add him even though he wont be ready until at least a quarter of the season is gone?
are you even positive he will be ready then?
how will he perform without having camp and game reps up to that point?
are there other players from cutdowns and practice squads youd rather have available right away?

No.
No.
Odds are not that well, hopefully there wouldn't be an injury to someone else that forces him into the lineup.
We'll see who gets cut.

GingerP
08-22-2012, 06:05 PM
When the Bills brought him in, the word was he may not be able to play until Oct.

It was reported the Bills offered him a contract, although that can't be said for sure.

He just passed a physical and was activated off the PUP yesterday, and started practicing. He has about 2 weeks to show them enough that they keep him on the roster. I think there is a good chance the Broncos keep him, because they are weak at S. I hope he does well there, he is a good guy and a smart player.

For context, he had the exact same injury as Terrence McGee, but had the surgery 2 weeks later. The recovery averages about 6 months, and he is about there now. It will probably take him a few weeks to get back into shape, but he should recover.

GingerP
08-22-2012, 06:09 PM
even if they liked leonhard its a tough call to add him to your team. do you bump a promising young player to add him even though he wont be ready until at least a quarter of the season is gone? are you even positive he will be ready then? how will he perform without having camp and game reps up to that point? are there other players from cutdowns and practice squads youd rather have available right away?

Yeah, but Denver is terrible at S with the likes of Rahim Moore, Mike Adams, Quinton Carter and David Bruton. They are also a win-now team, given their window for competing only lasts as long as Peyton Manning has left in his career.