PDA

View Full Version : Urbik a force in the middle

YardRat
08-05-2012, 09:48 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article986366.ece

Urbik, Levitre and center Eric Wood form the most talented "middle three" on the offensive line the Bills have had since their Super Bowl era. The Bills allowed the fewest sacks in the NFL last season and ranked fifth in yards per rushing attempt.

Urbik isn't quite as athletic as Levitre and doesn't get downfield like him. Yet Urbik has good enough feet that he graded out a little higher in pass protection than in the run game last year.

"I feel I'm pretty stout," Urbik said. "In the pass game I'm pretty stout. I did pretty well in the pass game last year. I had some games where I did really well in the run game. But I also had some games where I was off a half-step so didn't do as well in the run game. So I still need to work on that. And overall [my strength is] just using my big body and moving guys off the ball."

Urbik started eight games at right guard last season and then five more at center after Wood was injured. The Giants' game and the two Miami games were his better outings. The first game against the Jets, his first start in place of Wood, was a poorer one.

But the fact Urbik can shift to center if needed is an asset. With Wood coming back from knee surgery, Urbik has seen much of his time at center so far in training camp. There's a chance Urbik might have to take some snaps at center early in the season if Wood isn't quite ready for a full 65 plays a game.

ddaryl
08-05-2012, 12:03 PM
How has Urbik really looked at C. I have heard nothing negative or positive