PDA

View Full Version : Who would you still think about adding to this team from FA?

X-Era
08-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Barnett was a great late signing. We missed on Leonhard. Who might you still go after?

Here's my list:

1) Plax- We can't use a big, possession target with lots of experience right now? Our WR corp is very green. He's old, could probably be had on a one year deal and may add insurance as our youngsters develop.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1268047-predicting-landing-spots-for-top-15-nfl-free-agents-left-on-the-market/page/5

2) Shockey- See Plax. Chandler and Shockey would look pretty good.

3) Marcus McNeil- I think this has a legit shot at happening when/if he gets healthy. Wouldn't surprise me at all. It would give us a nice vet to add to Hairston and Glenn.

4) E.J. Henderson- This only make sense if we have a real worry about the ILB backup... where neither McKillop or Carder looks solid enough to be counted on. Shepp get's dinged a good amount. I'd like a solid backup. This would be a Morrison, Barnett, Davis type signing.

5) Gary Brackett- See Henderson... But, I think Henderson is much better at this point.

6) Mike Sims-Walker- Had a bad tryout with the Texans but at 27, maybe he could resurrect his career a.l.a. Derek Hagan.

7) Andre Gurode- Wood has had injuries. Is a more experienced backup needed?

Others:
Stephen Cooper
Mark Clayton
Anthony Gonzales
Gerald Sensabaugh
Gibril Wilson
Sabby Piscitelli

YardRat
08-05-2012, 10:41 AM
They are not having much success with their predictions.

We're kind of in a purgatory mode as far as adding new players...have to play wait-and-see on how our current roster develops thru TC and who becomes available via cuts.

Generally speaking, I would like legit back-ups at center and free safety.

X-Era
08-05-2012, 10:45 AM
They are not having much success with their predictions.

We're kind of in a purgatory mode as far as adding new players...have to play wait-and-see on how our current roster develops thru TC and who becomes available via cuts.

Generally speaking, I would like legit back-ups at center and free safety.I thought of you when I added Gurode. Jason Brown is still out there too I think.

BillsOverDolphins
08-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Good post, and I'd be happy to bring in 4/7 of those names.

In order of how I'd prioritize their importance to the team:

1. Marcus McNeil - Like you said--good health-willing--he's an upgrade at OT as of now.
2. E.J. Henderson - Outside of Barnett our LB corps is pretty young/sketchy. Henderson was a beast coming out of Maryland and continued to play as such for a number of years with Minny. McKillop offers nothing, so he needs to go.
3. Jeremy Shockey - We are weak at TE, so I'll accept almost anybody we bring in at this position. He's also from The U.
4. Andre Gurode - I concur here...Wood's knees are a cause for concern, and we must have a suitable b/u here.

Meh:

5. Plaxico Burress - He's old and slow, but is a big redzone threat with good hands. Isn't that what Nelson and Chandler are?

No thanks:

6. Mike Sims-Walker - He's been lame ever since he entered the league.
7. Gary Brackett - Unspectacular vet.

X-Era
08-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Good post, and I'd be happy to bring in 4/7 of those names.

In order of how I'd prioritize their importance to the team:

1. Marcus McNeil - Like you said--good health-willing--he's an upgrade at OT as of now.
2. E.J. Henderson - Outside of Barnett our LB corps is pretty young/sketchy. Henderson was a beast coming out of Maryland and continued to play as such for a number of years with Minny. McKillop offers nothing, so he needs to go.
3. Jeremy Shockey - We are weak at TE, so I'll accept almost anybody we bring in at this position. He's also from The U.
4. Andre Gurode - I concur here...Wood's knees are a cause for concern, and we must have a suitable b/u here.

Meh:

5. Plaxico Burress - He's old and slow, but is a big redzone threat with good hands. Isn't that what Nelson and Chandler are?

No thanks:

6. Mike Sims-Walker - He's been lame ever since he entered the league.
7. Gary Brackett - Unspectacular vet.
I think Nelson is a very good slot receiver. Plax is more of a #2, possession, outside guy.

BillsOverDolphins
08-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Eh, I don't know...it just seemed like he was a non-factor outside of the RZ last year. Easley is an ideal #2 if he lives up to his potential. Big "if" as of now though.

As for the other players you listed at the bottom of your OP, only Gibril Wilson moves the mercury imo

Slim
08-05-2012, 03:13 PM
McNeil would make sense just to have come in for a physical. Neither Glenn or Hairston have had great reviews at SJF.

ddaryl
08-05-2012, 05:10 PM
OT is the only position right now with Pears in question.. I have to see a preseason game or 2 to really see where we might need help.

ddaryl
08-05-2012, 05:15 PM
McNeil would make sense just to have come in for a physical. Neither Glenn or Hairston have had great reviews at SJF.

They haven't been completely horrible either, We hear constantly how Fitz is making throws, can't do that unless you have some time, Although I have heard my share of would be sacks.. Also heard my share of CJ and Freddie gaining some yards, some big gains... and also getting stuffed....

but they are facing multiple waves of a very talented DL... We might just discover that our DL makes most other teams OL look a bit silly... At least I'm hoping this has a little to do with it.

Meathead
08-05-2012, 06:15 PM
i dont think they wanted leonard. either that or denver is taking a bigger risk than the bills were willing to. the bills chose not to extend a contract, meaning they either think he might not recover properly this season or he simply wasnt a fit somehow. they had him right here, i musta been something that prevented them from making a move. im waiting for somebody to ask buddy for an answer

BertSquirtgum
08-05-2012, 09:22 PM
I think Plaxico, ej henderson, and marcus would be worth signing but it's a waste of time talking about it because the Bills won't sign anyone else.

Slim
08-05-2012, 09:57 PM
I think Plaxico, ej henderson, and marcus would be worth signing but it's a waste of time talking about it because the Bills won't sign anyone else.

Most likely we'll sign a DB.

Skooby
08-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Plaxico would seem a potential but a distraction that we can't afford to have, so I think that unless it's indescribably a great talent / it's good for nothing. I think that he's a huge talent but it's past where we want to be age wise because it's more about improving now with what we have than allowing outsiders to put a stamp past our momentum.

No more big names now, internal improvement only.

Extremebillsfan247
08-06-2012, 05:46 AM
The only addition I've heard the Bills talking about wanting to add to this team is at Safety which made sense for the Leonhard visit. But he wasn't healthy enough to suit up which is why the Bills supposedly let him walk. They want a guy who they can plug in from day 1 if they have to. There is no one left on the market that I know of that could fit that description. Plax wont happen here, he doesn't fit the profile of player that Chan and Nix like. Same goes for Shockey.

The Bills like their Tight Ends, so I wouldn't expect them to sign anyone for that position. McNeil probably wouldn't pass a physical, and the Bills did draft some offensive linemen this year. I don't think they plan on adding anyone there either. Of that list, the most likely left on that list to probably get a look by this team if he isn't signed yet is Bryant McFadden, former CB of the Steelers. From what I hear, Terrence McGee's recovery is slow in development, and may not be happening as quickly as the Bills would like. Just My opinion.

DraftBoy
08-06-2012, 07:11 AM
They haven't been completely horrible either, We hear constantly how Fitz is making throws, can't do that unless you have some time, Although I have heard my share of would be sacks.. Also heard my share of CJ and Freddie gaining some yards, some big gains... and also getting stuffed....

but they are facing multiple waves of a very talented DL... We might just discover that our DL makes most other teams OL look a bit silly... At least I'm hoping this has a little to do with it.

Also helps that nobody can touch Fitz and he's allowed to make his throw no matter what happens in front of him.

- - - Updated - - -

There's not really anybody out there who interests me all that much. Maybe Plax but otherwise Ill pass on the whole lot.

Jan Reimers
08-06-2012, 08:17 AM
The last thing a young, developing team needs are Head Cases and Has-Beens.

DraftBoy
08-06-2012, 10:19 AM
The last thing a young, developing team needs are Head Cases and Has-Beens.

So you want to jettison Stevie? :couch:

TigerJ
08-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Is McNeil really going to get better? I thought his condition was irreversible.

starrymessenger
08-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Charlie Peprah.

Mr. Miyagi
08-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Buddy Nix flat out said NO to Plax when asked a direct question.

I don't want any of those other names. Half of them are still hurt and the other half have lost many steps.