PDA

View Full Version : 8/5/12-Good News, Bad News, or No News?

YardRat
08-05-2012, 02:46 PM
1. Thigpen and Jones occupy the #2 spot at their respective positions on the depth chart for the first pre-season game.

2. Moats is pushing Morrison for the starting strongside LB position.

3. The beginning of training camp has come and gone without any announcement of progress in lease talks between the team and Erie County.

Good news, bad news or no news?

DraftBoy
08-05-2012, 03:03 PM
No news for the most part, the Bills have only had limited live practices and Im not sure how many of those were to the ground contact. If these trends continue after this coming Thursday then its news imo.

BLeonard
08-05-2012, 05:26 PM
1. Thigpen and Jones occupy the #2 spot at their respective positions on the depth chart for the first pre-season game.

3. The beginning of training camp has come and gone without any announcement of progress in lease talks between the team and Erie County.

1: No news. Pretty sure Thigpen and Young have been alternating reps on 2nd/3rd team throughout camp... My guess is, Young will be the #2 QB for the 2nd preseason game. As for Jones, I'm thinking he'll be the #2 WR until someone else can beat him out for the spot, if anyone can.

2: Good news. Morrison is 30 years old. If we can get the same (or better) production out of a 24 year old that makes less money, that's a good thing, IMO. If Moats is pusing Morrison for the startng spot, as you said, then it's obvious that there is little to no dropoff in production between the two. Would like to have a backup on the team that has the ability to be a starter, if need be.

3: No news. At this stage, I don't expect to hear any more "progress." Chances are, the next thing we hear on the matter is that a new lease has been agreed upon. From what I understand, there's not much left in negotiations to "progress" on, as a good chunk of the agreement is likely done.

-Bill

BillsOverDolphins
08-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah, we just have to hope and pray that #1 is an aberration. Would really suck if those 2 scrubs maintained their current spots on the depth chart

better days
08-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Well, they say no news is good news, so I guess we're all good.

Extremebillsfan247
08-06-2012, 06:17 AM
No news, it's strictly preliminary. A depth chart was needed whether there is a competition on going or not. The depth chart could look a lot different by game 2 of the preseason. I wouldn't read too much into it until probably week 3. JMO

OpIv37
08-06-2012, 09:16 AM

1. It's bad news that they're our only options at back-up. It's no news that Thigpen is still #2.

2. Good News. Morrison is average at best and it would be nice to see Moats step up.

3. No news. It's bad overall that the team and the county haven't come to an agreement yet, but TC has nothing to do with this. It's arbitrary to tie news about the stadium lease (or lack thereof) to camp.

YardRat
08-06-2012, 03:09 PM
3. No news. It's bad overall that the team and the county haven't come to an agreement yet, but TC has nothing to do with this. It's arbitrary to tie news about the stadium lease (or lack thereof) to camp.

Actually it isn't arbitrary, considering both the team and the county exec expressed a desire to have at least a verbal agreement in place by the time training camp started.

OpIv37
08-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Actually it isn't arbitrary, considering both the team and the county exec expressed a desire to have at least a verbal agreement in place by the time training camp started.

Ah, I was unaware of that. Now I understand why you mentioned the lease agreement in conjunction with camp. If that was the goal they set for themselves and they failed to reach it, then I'll change my response to "bad." It's certainly not a death sentence in terms of an agreement, but it's not good that they are failing to meet their internal goals.

YardRat
08-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Moats bumping Morrison takes the 'no news' out of that one.