• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Curtis Martin HOF Speach

Just an amazing individual.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• MTBillsFan
    • May 2003

Re: Curtis Martin HOF Speach

I really liked watching him play, just not against the Bills. It seemed he always had big games for either the pats or jets.
    Send me some wings!

Comment

• starrymessenger
      • Oct 2009

He reminds me of Freddie, a guy who could perform all of the responsibilities of his position at a high level. A coaches dream. Shows the kind of career Fred could have had if his path had been more normal and appropriate to his ability.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

WOW, this guy is the goods.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          Sab and TD are insignificant
          • Sep 2002

Andre reed should have gone in before him.
          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Slim
            • Apr 2004

Never met the man. But some of my brother's clients used to play with Martin at Pitt, and according to them, Curtis is the ultimate ladies man. I remember Ruben Brown saying, "He'd walk into a room and bra's would fall off."

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Why do black guys always sit there and lick their lips when they're speaking. It's looks ****ing ridiculous. I noticed it during the Mario Williams signing press conference.

Saw of side of a guy I never liked because of all the damage he did to the Bills on the field. Martin is a guy of very high character. Good video.
              Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 08-07-2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• kishoph
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                Andre reed should have gone in before him.

I though this too at first, but you can't take anything away from Martin because of the injustice that has been done to Reed. Martin definitely deserved to get in.
                Last edited by kishoph; 08-07-2012, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

Yea its not fair to compare the two, Martin is #4 all-time though.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                  X