PDA

View Full Version : WR Nelson, C Wood, CB McGee ruled out of preseason opener

YardRat
08-07-2012, 05:08 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/buffalo-bills-wr-nelson-c-wood-cb-mcgee-ruled-out-of-preseason-opener-against-redskins/2012/08/06/e787d600-e023-11e1-8d48-2b1243f34c85_story.html

The Buffalo Bills won’t have receiver David Nelson or center Eric Wood in the lineup for their preseason opener against the Washington Redskins on Thursday.

But receiver Stevie Johnson is considered probable.

That was the update coach Chan Gailey provided on the status of several injured players who returned to practice Monday, a day after the team got a day off from training camp in suburban Rochester.
“I would say that we won’t push David, we won’t push Eric,” Gailey said.

more cowbell
08-07-2012, 05:16 PM
McGee is absolutely finished.

Sucks, he's one Bill I have always liked.

Ed
08-07-2012, 05:30 PM
McGee is absolutely finished.

Sucks, he's one Bill I have always liked.
I don't know. Gailey said when it comes to McGee he's only concerned about him being ready for the opener. He knows that McGee can play when he's healthy. If he's been limited in practice there's no reason to play him in the first preseason game.

better days
08-07-2012, 08:20 PM
I don't know. Gailey said when it comes to McGee he's only concerned about him being ready for the opener. He knows that McGee can play when he's healthy. If he's been limited in practice there's no reason to play him in the first preseason game.

Agreed, I heard that as well. The Skins will have more players out than the Bills for that game, including a couple players from the OL. I can't wait to see RGIII run for his life against the Bills DL.

OpIv37
08-07-2012, 08:50 PM
I have a feeling there is going to be an article with the words "McGee" and "injury settlement" in the title in the very near future.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Eric Wood still not ready? Good grief...