PDA

View Full Version : Is Young going to get cut??

Skooby
08-07-2012, 11:20 PM
1-800-fantasy:

http://www.rantsports.com/buffalo-bills/2012/08/07/nfl-rumors-buffalo-bills-close-to-cutting-quarterback-vince-young/

SquishDaFish
08-08-2012, 02:43 AM
rantsports lol Yea I believe them

ddaryl
08-08-2012, 11:48 AM
talk to me after 2-3 preseason games

The King
08-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I didn't even read the article but I would say Vince Young only has a 49% chance of making the team.

better days
08-08-2012, 12:06 PM
I didn't even read the article but I would say Vince Young only has a 49% chance of making the team.

Well, I totally disagree with the article & you. I think he has a 52.7% chance to make the team.

The King
08-08-2012, 12:08 PM
I just dont know if he has enough knowledge of the scheme to beat out Thigpen and while he's athletic I don't know if that covers the gap.

OpIv37
08-08-2012, 12:29 PM
I listened to Sal's show and John Murphy's show from yesterday and it sounds like they aren't thrilled with either of them. Vince is clearly the better athlete and throws better, but lacks the understanding of the scheme.

At this point it's a toss up, but it sounds like we better hope Fitz doesn't get hurt because we can't count on either of these guys.

The King
08-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Maybe there will be a castaway on another team we can look at.

Ed
08-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Gailey himself has acknowledged that Thigpen has an advantage with the scheme and that Young had a lot of catching up to do when he came in. So it's really not surprising that he's behind.

EDS
08-08-2012, 12:48 PM
When did the Bills sign Vince Young?

SabreEleven
08-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Can we put Thigpen's head on Young's body?

starrymessenger
08-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Well at least Vince would have some time to learn the scheme after the season starts and before Fitz craps out or gets hurt. How long before Thigpen becomes a better athlete? Is never soon enuf for you?

YardRat
08-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Should've kept a young guy like Tanney or Corp.

Figster
08-08-2012, 05:05 PM
VY seems to be coming along at a fast enough speed to overtake Tyler Thigpen in my opinion.

Preseason game play will decide the outcome.

Go USA! :usflag:

better days
08-08-2012, 05:54 PM
VY seems to be coming along at a fast enough speed to overtake Tyler Thigpen in my opinion.

Preseason game play will decide the outcome.

Go USA! :usflag:

I'm with you dog. Throw that dog a bone.

Meathead
08-08-2012, 06:45 PM
just listen to me, mh has all the answers ahead of time

just like i told you, chan has to decide between trying to run the same offense with a lower compl% and fewer big plays with thigpen, or run a different more standard offense that is more explosive but also more prone to mistakes with young

ok one answer i dont have is how chan with decide. but honestly i think most likely he will stick with the known quantity and keep thigpen. i too would like to see what young might be able to do with his big arm and big legs under gailey, but the risk with him is greater than the risk with thigpens 53% completion rate, so thats why im guessing chan keeps the boring guy

Slim
08-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Well, I totally disagree with the article & you. I think he has a 52.7% chance to make the team.

GUYS IM AN ECONOMIST AND USING MY INFALLIBLE MATH SKILLS I'VE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT HE ACTUALLY HAS A 63.58% CHANCE OF MAKING THIS TEAM.

TigerJ
08-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Well, I totally disagree with the article & you. I think he has a 52.7% chance to make the team.You and King Bedard are both wrong. The odds of him making the team are 48.965

Skooby
08-08-2012, 08:08 PM
50 / 50 chance, let's not make this confusing.

Meathead
08-08-2012, 08:10 PM
you bastard

that 1.035% difference is huge

Skooby
08-08-2012, 08:19 PM
you bastard

that 1.035% difference is huge

LOL, It's Huge if I cared about VY. If he gets cut or stays, my night of sleep wouldn't change a minute.

better days
08-08-2012, 08:25 PM
just listen to me, mh has all the answers ahead of time

just like i told you, chan has to decide between trying to run the same offense with a lower compl% and fewer big plays with thigpen, or run a different more standard offense that is more explosive but also more prone to mistakes with young

ok one answer i dont have is how chan with decide. but honestly i think most likely he will stick with the known quantity and keep thigpen. i too would like to see what young might be able to do with his big arm and big legs under gailey, but the risk with him is greater than the risk with thigpens 53% completion rate, so thats why im guessing chan keeps the boring guy

So you think Chan will keep the known quantity Thigpen.................known to be a TERRIBLE QB, so terrible in fact that Chan played an injured Fitz rather than let his back up ever see the field on gameday over VY? I don't think so.

Skooby
08-08-2012, 08:32 PM
So you think Chan will keep the known quantity Thigpen.................known to be a TERRIBLE QB, so terrible in fact that Chan played an injured Fitz rather than let his back up ever see the field on gameday over VY? I don't think so.

Brad Smith is there as well, we've had no real back-up for several years & VY is not the brightest crayon in the box. There's no win scenario unless VY somehow finds a Rosetta Stone NFL offensive plan disk, otherwise I don't think he'll be speaking that language.

Meathead
08-08-2012, 08:36 PM
thigpen is not terrible. hes painfully mediocre

but that has some value. perhaps youd only see that once somebody else really stunk it up, but when that happened you would be LONGING for painfully mediocre

take a look at thigpens starting stats and they arent terrible. they arent great, they are ... painfully mediocre. you can win with painfully mediocre for a couple games when you hae a strong defense

if you keep young you get more big plays but you also get more three and outs and turnovers. its a risk/reward equation and i just think chan goes with the safer route

hey, i wish young would win chans confidence. he obviously has much more drool worthy physical skills. but that might not be enough to win games when we need them. it sure wasnt for philly

Johnny Bugmenot
08-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Given this team's record with quarterbacks they'll probably cut Young and keep the same 3 as last year. Can't have any fresh blood disrupting the "scheme", you know.

better days
08-08-2012, 08:52 PM
thigpen is not terrible. hes painfully mediocre

but that has some value. perhaps youd only see that once somebody else really stunk it up, but when that happened you would be LONGING for painfully mediocre

take a look at thigpens starting stats and they arent terrible. they arent great, they are ... painfully mediocre. you can win with painfully mediocre for a couple games when you hae a strong defense

if you keep young you get more big plays but you also get more three and outs and turnovers. its a risk/reward equation and i just think chan goes with the safer route

hey, i wish young would win chans confidence. he obviously has much more drool worthy physical skills. but that might not be enough to win games when we need them. it sure wasnt for philly

Thigpen was TERRIBLE or Chan would have sat Fitz & let his ribs heal last year. We will find out over the next few weeks who is more terrible, VY or Thigpen.

ZAZusmc03
08-09-2012, 11:32 AM
I think we will see Thigpen be boring but semi-consistant this preseason, and Young will be fun to watch and make a lot of stupid errors. Then fans will drool all over the "potential" VY brings to the table to make big plays, so half of the fans here will be asking Thigpen to get cut. Thats my guess.

better days
08-09-2012, 08:46 PM
I think we will see Thigpen be boring but semi-consistant this preseason, and Young will be fun to watch and make a lot of stupid errors. Then fans will drool all over the "potential" VY brings to the table to make big plays, so half of the fans here will be asking Thigpen to get cut. Thats my guess.

Well, Thigpen is nothing if not consistent. He is consistently TERRIBLE. I would cut him tomorrow.

ServoBillieves
08-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Now I may not be the toolest shed in the sharp, but I don't see Thigpen making the team. He has upsi... no he doesn't have upside... he has a proven reco... no... no he doesn't have a proven record... Well when a team releases Casey Printers in favor of you you know you're something!... Don't you?

k-oneputt
08-09-2012, 10:54 PM
If this team is smart they would cut Thigpen right now and get another qb in here ASAP.

a
sap

a
sap

BertSquirtgum
08-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Thigpen was awful tonight and Vince young was made to look terrible because his receivers dropped a bunch of easily catchable passes.

better days
08-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Thigpen was awful tonight and Vince young was made to look terrible because his receivers dropped a bunch of easily catchable passes.

And even with the dropped passes, Young made some plays with his legs. Thigpen has to go. The sooner the better.

DraftBoy
08-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Just to note as a PS option after the final cuts, Falcons fourth string QB Dominique Davis looked phenomenal against other scrubs. He's a QB in the mold of Young (not quite as big) but he has the athleticism, and arm strength Gailey likes. Could be a PS option for us.

Forward_Lateral
08-10-2012, 06:58 AM
If Young gets cut, it better be for a better option at backup QB. It better not be for Thigpen.

DraftBoy
08-10-2012, 07:02 AM
If Young gets cut, it better be for a better option at backup QB. It better not be for Thigpen.

We only have two options as a backup its either going to be Young or its going to be Thigpen. Whoever gets cut is getting cut for the other one.

DraftBoy
08-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Ill say this I thought Thigpen's best throw was the deep In route to Graham cutting underneath the streaking Clowney and I thought Young's best throw was on the fade route to Clowney after he beat his man off the line.

Young's throw was more difficult and looked nicer but both were solid throws for nice gains.

Fixxxer
08-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Ill say this I thought Thigpen's best throw was the deep In route to Graham cutting underneath the streaking Clowney and I thought Young's best throw was on the fade route to Clowney after he beat his man off the line.

Young's throw was more difficult and looked nicer but both were solid throws for nice gains.

I agree this was his best throw but I thought he was too late with it. Had it been on time Graham could have tried to juke the defender and score the TD. The throw was late and the sideline became another defender.

DraftBoy
08-10-2012, 07:28 AM
I agree this was his best throw but I thought he was too late with it. Had it been on time Graham could have tried to juke the defender and score the TD. The throw was late and the sideline became another defender.

Agreed it was late but I think its was a secondary read too. I think his primary read was the 9 route to Clowney. Not sure Graham jukes anybody he's got incredible speed but never been a big time YAC guy when he has to break tackles. Maybe he out runs him to the corner though.

better days
08-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Agreed it was late but I think its was a secondary read too. I think his primary read was the 9 route to Clowney. Not sure Graham jukes anybody he's got incredible speed but never been a big time YAC guy when he has to break tackles. Maybe he out runs him to the corner though.

Well, IMO it is time to get VY as many reps as possible with the #2's. We have seen all we need to see from Thigpen.

Skooby
08-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Well, IMO it is time to get VY as many reps as possible with the #2's. We have seen all we need to see from Thigpen.

We haven't seen anything from Thigpen, that's why we need to see more of VY.

The King
08-10-2012, 07:40 AM
I have increased Youngs chances to 57%

Fixxxer
08-10-2012, 07:41 AM

good point, is either that or hit the brakes and see the defender pass him by.

Skooby
08-10-2012, 07:42 AM
I have increased Youngs chances to 57%

Meathead's going to snap.

better days
08-10-2012, 07:48 AM
We haven't seen anything from Thigpen, that's why we need to see more of VY.

We have seen plenty from Thigpen, we just haven't seen anything GOOD from him.

Skooby
08-10-2012, 08:32 AM

LOL, good way to clarify the point.

Figster
08-10-2012, 11:10 AM

hehe, well said/posted

swiper
09-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Wonder what Vince is up to this week.

Skooby
09-05-2012, 04:27 PM

Mahjong.

stuckincincy
09-05-2012, 04:29 PM

Posse Duty? It's a racial thing, and after all, we must all bow down to diversity lest we be accused... :kid:

BertSquirtgum
09-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Young got himself cut with the way he played against the Steelers. He was so bad and looked like he didn't care at all. At least Thigpen showed some heart when he played in the Lions game. Young has no heart and should never be allowed to play another football game in the NFL.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Young got himself cut with the way he played against the Steelers. He was so bad and looked like he didn't care at all. At least Thigpen showed some heart when he played in the Lions game. Young has no heart and should never be allowed to play another football game in the NFL. The problem is that Young honestly believed he had wrapped the backup quarterback job up in the past two games. So he seriously thought the game was meaningless, and treated it accordingly.

Basically Young tried to push a silly point, and the Bills tried to push theirs back. So now we have just as I predicted: the same three quarterbacks as last year. Oh, and we are wasting a roster spot on a guy who has no clue on how the system works. The Bills responded to a housefly-sized problem with a bazooka, and now their backup quarterback position is once again in shambles.

BertSquirtgum
09-05-2012, 07:55 PM
I hate saying this because I think he sucks but if Fitz goes down then the Bills are totally screwed.