News conference tomorrow / Schumer:Small-market teams will get new revenue-sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

News conference tomorrow / Schumer:Small-market teams will get new revenue-sharing

It looks like with the help of Ralph Wilson, he lobbied the NFL to keep small market teams in the league with revenue-sharing, whoa:

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/177145/37/Schumer-To-Announce-Plan-To-Keep-Bills-In-Buffalo
    Last edited by Skooby; 08-07-2012, 11:49 PM.
  • BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

Re: News conference tomorrow / Schumer:Small-market teams will get new revenue-sharin

No.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Re: News conference tomorrow / Schumer:Small-market teams will get new revenue-sharin

There is a live press conference at 2:15 that you can watch on 2 on your side, the link above will suffice.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

sounds good.. We shall see

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Oh this doesn't necessairly sound great.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            Oh this doesn't necessairly sound great.
            It's an election year, do you think Chuck is going to say the Bills are moving & everything is horrible ??

Comment

• malvado78
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
              No.
              I would like to disagree with you but you make such a convincing argument I am not sure I can...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                It's an election year, do you think Chuck is going to say the Bills are moving & everything is horrible ??
                No and I dont think you understand why I said this doesn't sound great.

Re-Read the story, there is a paragraph in there that if you are a NFL fan should scare you.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                  No and I dont think you understand why I said this doesn't sound great.

Re-Read the story, there is a paragraph in there that if you are a NFL fan should scare you.
                  Point of reference is the NFL & not specifially the Buffalo Bills. The NFL will probably be sloshing money over to feed the small-market teams, which helps Buffalo.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    • Jan 2005

don't see it anything to get worried about..

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl View Post
                      don't see it anything to get worried about..
                      Cause and effect.

We know the power brokers amongst the owners want to move the Bills to a better market.

Let's say they waive the first part of Schumer's request and do not make the repayment due on sale of team to a new owner. That means the Bills will likely renovate, which is great.

But Im not sure they will go with the enforcement of punitive punishment for moving since that's what many of them want. If they only enforce part of Schumer's plan it could have very bad results for the Bills.

This is of course all speculation but there is too much relying on people who want the Bills to move being ok with helping the Bills stay for me to be comfortable with it.

However its far better than some ridiculous piece of federal legislation or regulation.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• ddaryl
                        • Jan 2005

Ok... so we wait for real details..

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl View Post
                          Ok... so we wait for real details..
                          Yes of course, simply stating that there are alternative scenarios to what could happen. Certainly not saying they will or should happen.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                          X