PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Camp Confidential: Bills

Pinkerton Security
08-09-2012, 12:28 PM
There isnt much groundbreaking in this article but two blurbs I did find interesting (although not entirely new ideas either) were these:

The early reviews are in, and Gilmore looks legit. He's fluid and a good athlete. But perhaps the best thing about Gilmore, the No. 10 overall pick in the draft, is his competitiveness. Gilmore has lined up against Johnson, Buffalo's No. 1 receiver, at every chance in practice. The rookie wants to go against the best the team has to offer, and at times things have gotten physical between the two. Gilmore might already be Buffalo's best cornerback.
Speaking of cornerbacks, I would be surprised if longtime Bills corner Terrence McGee (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/4569/terrence-mcgee) makes this team. McGee has been a leader and a consummate professional in Buffalo for nine years. But a youth movement at cornerback and many injuries could mean McGee's days are numbered. He's missed at least five games in each of the past three seasons. A season-ending knee injury forced McGee to miss 10 games in 2011 and he's still not 100 percent. He could bring leadership and depth to the secondary when healthy, but he may not get enough time on the field in camp or the preseason to show he's worthy of making the 53-man roster.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/45374/camp-confidential-buffalo-bills-3

Its gonna be interesting to see how Gilmore progresses...we have such a young secondary and lots of "potential" guys...we really need one or 2 (im hoping Williams is another) actually reach that potential this PS and regular season.

justasportsfan
08-09-2012, 12:43 PM
I also think McGee is done

Ed
08-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Nix and Gailey both seem to really like McGee. I think they know he needs time to get healthy and really aren't looking for him to prove anything in camp. They know what he brings. I believe with the way they restructured his contract they also wouldn't gain anything by cutting him this season, but would actually just add more dead cap, so I still think he has a place on this roster as long as he can show his knee is getting better. Cutting McGee would leave McKelvin as the only veteran CB and he's not exactly a leader.

DraftBoy
08-09-2012, 02:44 PM
I didnt have McGee making it in my first Final 53 prediction.

The King
08-09-2012, 03:04 PM
mybills is shedding tears.

ddaryl
08-09-2012, 03:30 PM
McGee probably gets cut.. or IR..

If he goes on IR and gets a chance to heal he might be what we need if injuries come around at week *

not sure how all that works technically though.

Troup is another IR possibility

The King
08-09-2012, 04:05 PM
PUP not IR. IR shelves them.

methos4ever
08-09-2012, 04:09 PM
They have that temp IR now Bedard - but I think if they only care about him being available week 1, then he's got a chance.