• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

ESPN Camp Confidential: Bills

There isnt much groundbreaking in this article but two blurbs I did find interesting (although not entirely new ideas either) were these:

• The early reviews are in, and Gilmore looks legit. He's fluid and a good athlete. But perhaps the best thing about Gilmore, the No. 10 overall pick in the draft, is his competitiveness. Gilmore has lined up against Johnson, Buffalo's No. 1 receiver, at every chance in practice. The rookie wants to go against the best the team has to offer, and at times things have gotten physical between the two. Gilmore might already be Buffalo's best cornerback.
    • Speaking of cornerbacks, I would be surprised if longtime Bills corner Terrence McGee makes this team. McGee has been a leader and a consummate professional in Buffalo for nine years. But a youth movement at cornerback and many injuries could mean McGee's days are numbered. He's missed at least five games in each of the past three seasons. A season-ending knee injury forced McGee to miss 10 games in 2011 and he's still not 100 percent. He could bring leadership and depth to the secondary when healthy, but he may not get enough time on the field in camp or the preseason to show he's worthy of making the 53-man roster.

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills general manager Buddy Nix and coach Chan Gailey are not afraid.Both know this is a huge year in Buffalo. On paper, this is the best Bills team Gailey has coached and the best group Nix has put together.

Its gonna be interesting to see how Gilmore progresses...we have such a young secondary and lots of "potential" guys...we really need one or 2 (im hoping Williams is another) actually reach that potential this PS and regular season.

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: ESPN Camp Confidential: Bills

I also think McGee is done
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

Nix and Gailey both seem to really like McGee. I think they know he needs time to get healthy and really aren't looking for him to prove anything in camp. They know what he brings. I believe with the way they restructured his contract they also wouldn't gain anything by cutting him this season, but would actually just add more dead cap, so I still think he has a place on this roster as long as he can show his knee is getting better. Cutting McGee would leave McKelvin as the only veteran CB and he's not exactly a leader.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

I didnt have McGee making it in my first Final 53 prediction.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

mybills is shedding tears.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

McGee probably gets cut.. or IR..

If he goes on IR and gets a chance to heal he might be what we need if injuries come around at week *

not sure how all that works technically though.

Troup is another IR possibility

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

PUP not IR. IR shelves them.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• methos4ever
                • Apr 2004

They have that temp IR now Bedard - but I think if they only care about him being available week 1, then he's got a chance.

Comment

Working...
                X