• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsOwnAll
    My IQ Test results came back negative
    • Oct 2002

The official season is over thread.

C'mon guys one preseason game.. We already should of drafted him? Why did we take him? He sucks he can't handle it. It's preseason...I'm nt saying we're goin 16-0 but after all these years do you people really take stuff out of preseason?
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: The official season is over thread.

you can't talk any sense into some of these lads

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

If you can't admit the whole team looked putrid then you are in denial.

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

lol putrid...if they look like that in week one i'll *****. But in August? Please

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

They didn't even resemble an nfl football team tonight. I think the coaches should have had them better prepared than they were. Putrid is the perfect word to use.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
            My IQ Test results came back negative
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
            If you can't admit the whole team looked putrid then you are in denial.
            Ok, so they got 3 series to prove them selves to you? I'm sure they really game planned for this game to right? They didn't even run the ball once... And your telling me this is what you expect next month? Get real it's preseason.. Preseason is a joke.. Why do you think there always talking about shortening preseason when they want to add more regular season games. It's because preseason doesn't matter. Sure it might decide the last few roster spots but that's about it.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

objects in preseason mirror are smaller than they appear
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• kishoph
                • Jun 2003

People need to realize how vanilla the "game plan" is in pre season, especially the 1st game. On defense the coaches aren't trying to surprise or trick the offense with stunts or disguised coverage's, they're playing a basic defense, on offense the same, does anyone really think we won't be seeing Jackson and Spiller carrying the ball ? The coaches are trying to evaluate players, not being concerned about winning the game. Sure they could of had a better showing, but in no way will I try and judge how the season will go by the 1st pre season game.
                Last edited by kishoph; 08-10-2012, 03:56 AM.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

The Bills have always been pathetic in the pre-season.

How can anyone read anything into this ? Seriously ?

The Lions went 4-0 in the pre-season a few years back, then went 0-16 during the year.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Preseason means diddly. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete and utter jagoff.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                      They didn't even resemble an nfl football team tonight. I think the coaches should have had them better prepared than they were. Putrid is the perfect word to use.
                      This will be Chan's last season.

Comment

• The King
                        Without me it's just Awe so
                        • Jun 2004

If Spiller knew where to lineup this thread would be moot.
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

The season should be over for some of the players (#61 / Mr. Texas false start).

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
                            C'mon guys one preseason game.. We already should of drafted him? Why did we take him? He sucks he can't handle it. It's preseason...I'm nt saying we're goin 16-0 but after all these years do you people really take stuff out of preseason?
                            Guess what?

It was ONE preseason game for the Redskins too, and they had a rookie QB behind a banged up offensive line that managed to shred our much-vaunted D.

And on O, Fitz was the same old Fitz. The slightest bit of pressure caused his passes to be incredibly inaccurate. This isn't a problem that cropped up last night. It's how Fitz has been for his entire career. If he hasn't gotten better in 7 seasons, he isn't going to get better in 3 weeks.

And finally, EVERY year people complain about how the team looks during preseason, people like you come and say "come on, it's just preseason," and then the real games start and the team looks exactly like it did in preseason. Hmmmmm...... Players and coaches don't magically get better because the word in front of "season" changes from "pre" to "regular."
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
                              Without me it's just Awe so
                              • Jun 2004

They didnt run the football! Football is a game of chess, we played checkers with the first team offense. I know why they did it, but I can't blame the QB who drops back 14-14 plays. Especially since he threw a TD on the drive.
                              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                              It was all
                              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                              X