PDA

View Full Version : Officiating and VY

Forward_Lateral
08-10-2012, 06:44 AM
My god I hope the NFL and the officials come to an agreement before the season starts. If we have to endure replacement officials for the regular season, we are in for it. That was possibly the worst officiating I've ever seen. I understand it's preseason, they aren't used to doing NFL games, blah blah. How do you rule a touchback on a punt that wasn't anywhere near the endzone?

I shut the game off after VY's first drive, as preseason to me is very hard to watch. I looked at the box score today and see that he didn't do all that bad. I really hope that Thigpen is bumped to 3rd string. If VY gets cut, it will be a huge mistake, IMO. He offers so much more to the offense than Thigpen...then again, so would the runner from South Africa who has no legs.

The King
08-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Young was sailing quite a few balls too. It will be good to watch Young with the 2nd team next week.

Forward_Lateral
08-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Young was sailing quite a few balls too. It will be good to watch Young with the 2nd team next week.

I hope he's with the 2nd team.

DraftBoy
08-10-2012, 07:27 AM
I hope he's with the 2nd team.

He will be, I believe Gailey has already confirmed thats what will happen.

The King
08-10-2012, 07:30 AM
I do like that young was taking his shots though, they were bad shots but it's better than the vanilla play of Thigpen.

Forward_Lateral
08-10-2012, 10:27 AM
All things being equal, I can't see any tangibles that would lead Gailey to keep Thigpen over Young.

justasportsfan
08-10-2012, 10:33 AM
QB Vince "Dream Team" Young enters the game for the #Bills to start the second half. Sacked by D. Scott and C. Neild. for 8-yd loss. #HTTR

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000048417/article/vince-young-tyler-thigpen-struggle-in-bills-battle?module=HP11_content_stream

Figster
08-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Young was one of the few bright spots on Offense in my opinion

Officiating was horrible...