X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Officiating and VY

My god I hope the NFL and the officials come to an agreement before the season starts. If we have to endure replacement officials for the regular season, we are in for it. That was possibly the worst officiating I've ever seen. I understand it's preseason, they aren't used to doing NFL games, blah blah. How do you rule a touchback on a punt that wasn't anywhere near the endzone?

I shut the game off after VY's first drive, as preseason to me is very hard to watch. I looked at the box score today and see that he didn't do all that bad. I really hope that Thigpen is bumped to 3rd string. If VY gets cut, it will be a huge mistake, IMO. He offers so much more to the offense than Thigpen...then again, so would the runner from South Africa who has no legs.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Officiating and VY

Young was sailing quite a few balls too. It will be good to watch Young with the 2nd team next week.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by King Bedard View Post
      Young was sailing quite a few balls too. It will be good to watch Young with the 2nd team next week.
      I hope he's with the 2nd team.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
        I hope he's with the 2nd team.
        He will be, I believe Gailey has already confirmed thats what will happen.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

I do like that young was taking his shots though, they were bad shots but it's better than the vanilla play of Thigpen.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

All things being equal, I can't see any tangibles that would lead Gailey to keep Thigpen over Young.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

QB Vince "Dream Team" Young enters the game for the #Bills to start the second half. Sacked by D. Scott and C. Neild. for 8-yd loss. #HTTR
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• dog14787
                • Oct 2010

Young was one of the few bright spots on Offense in my opinion

Officiating was horrible...
                Last edited by Figster; 08-10-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X