• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

BBD: Morning After Bills v. Redskins

Well last night went similarly to how a lot of first preseason games go, it was ugly, it was mistake filled, and it was not a lot of fun but that ladies in gentlemen is why they play the games. There isn’t a lot to take out of this first game so this review will be a bit briefer than the ones that will follow the remainder of this preseason and into the regular season.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Re: BBD: Morning After Bills v. Redskins

No mention of Merriman? I thought he looked pretty good.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

No love for Sam Young?

Granted, he was playing with the 2nd and 3rd teams, but I thought he did well at RT. Very quick off the ball, good kick step.

LT..... eh, not so much. But I do like him as a backup RT.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ed View Post
      He had one good play where he drew a hold, and another play where the offensive lineman had his arm around Merriman's neck that should have been flagged.

Other than that, I thought he looked very average, and he was going up against 2nd teamers too.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Sounds like we watched the same game. My feedback was pretty much right on par with yours.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          No love for Sam Young?

Granted, he was playing with the 2nd and 3rd teams, but I thought he did well at RT. Very quick off the ball, good kick step.

- - - Updated - - -

He had one good play where he drew a hold, and another play where the offensive lineman had his arm around Merriman's neck that should have been flagged.

Other than that, I thought he looked very average, and he was going up against 2nd teamers too.
          Very true, but its all relative...Merriman lit it up last preseason and didnt do much in the games he did participate in last year, so who knows.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

He flashed some but was mostly contained. Still can't generate much push with his power rush or get off blocks once the OT locks his arms out. The outside-inside move was nice but that was all I saw for the most part. I thought Kyle Moore did more and was better all around.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

No love for Sam Young?

I believe he also got called for one (maybe two) false starts and a pretty bad holding call if memory serves me correctly. I watched the second time immediately after the first and it was late so I could of gotten that wrong. Also thought one of the sacks came from his man as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by King Bedard View Post
              Sounds like we watched the same game. My feedback was pretty much right on par with yours.
              Yup, was surprised to read Tim Graham this morning give the gameball to Moorman who had some really nice punts but like you I thought Brooks stole the show.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

No love for Sam Young?

- - - Updated - - -

Well he also had a nice play down near the Redskins goal line where he beat his blocker and dropped the RB for a loss. Overall I thought he looked quick and had more burst than we have seen in the past. He also looked strong and showed that he can handle playing DE. He may have been going against the 2's last night, but he's a second stringer now also, and I thought he was better than his opponents. It wasn't anything spectacular, but it was nice to see him looking healthy and like he can still play.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Well he also had a nice play down near the Redskins goal line where he beat his blocker and dropped the RB for a loss. Overall I thought he looked quick and had more burst than we have seen in the past. He also looked strong and showed that he can handle playing DE. He may have been going against the 2's last night, but he's a second stringer now also, and I thought he was better than his opponents. It wasn't anything spectacular, but it was nice to see him looking healthy and like he can still play.
                  Ill agree with that, I did forget about the goal line play.

Two other guys I forgot to mention SAF's Nick Saenz and Delano Howell. Saenz was attacking the WR and could of had two picks, Howell had two nice deflections.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                  X