Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Cordy Glenn play by play

I skimmed through this fast, so If I missed a play or 2 sorry

1. Pushes man outside never touches Fitz. Fitz Coverage sack
    2. Bullrush, Glenn stonewalls
    3. Blitz, Not Glenn man, Glenn handles his man with no problems
    4. No real challenge here no problem handling his man
    5. Blitz form the outside. Spiller picks it up a bit late. Glenn handles his man. Jones catch, penalty on Chandler
    6. Stevie TD, penalty illegal procedure Spiller…. Glenn Goes inside to block, DL runs a stunt, or a LB tries to come on the outside, Glenn moves off his man and picks up the guy coming on the outside TEXT BOOK !!!!
    7. Glenn handles his block with ease.. FG unit comes on
    8. Glenn handles his block with ease
    9. Sweet Chandler Catch. Glenn again handles his man with ease
    10. Completion to Stevie. Glenn handles his man with ease again
    11. No issues here. Glenn stacks his man and sticks with him
    12. Bull rusher.. Backs him up some but he hold on Fitz bomb to Hagan down the sideline overthrown
    13. Not challenged on this play… Doesn’t bite on the DE move inside. Inc to SJ
    14. Edge rusher gets a step but Glenn pushes him away and Fitz delivers the ball without being touched. INC.
    15. False Start #77 Cordy Glenn
    16. Helps out inside. Fitz com to Chandler short gain
    17. Wa brings an extra rusher on outside. Glenn picks it up. Illegal use of hands not called on Wa
    18. Thigpen in. 1st run play of night. Glenn moves his guy back 2 yds
    19. False start #38 McIntyre
    20. False Start #63 Asper
    21. Edge rush, gets step on Glenn. Glenn pushes him to the ground
    22. False Start #11 TJ Graham
    23. Edge rush Glenn is all over it.
    24. Run play right. Glenn seals off his man on the left
    25. Run play. Glenn moves his man back 3 yds
    26. Not really challenged. Seals off his man. Thigpen INC… Illegal use of hands on Wa against Clowney not called
    27. Hairston in

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Cordy Glenn play by play

Ill have to wait till I get home from the office to review it myself, but good posting.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• User Manuel
      The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
      • Nov 2003

Competence will not be tolerated! Cut him! He'll probably het hurt anyway! His name is Cordy for christ sakes, Cordy!!!!

Seriously though, thanks for the analysis! Very cool.

Comment

• mightysimi
        Buckle me in on the highway of sin
        • Mar 2010

Sounds solid.

Comment

• ddaryl
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          Ill have to wait till I get home from the office to review it myself, but good posting.
          I look forward to your input.. As I am not as astute on some of this as you are

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

Was he going against Orakpo or Kerrigan?

Comment

• ddaryl
              • Jan 2005

plagiarized this from John the Hemet at 2 bills drive forum for more perspective

Cordy Glenn

First series. Cordy Glenn did not get beaten one time. One one set of downs where Fitzpatrick was sacked Glenn rode his man around Fitzpatrick but the QB held onto the ball and protection broke down around him and was sacked. On the third down play Glenn beat his assignment but the skins sent an extra defender and Glenn had to make a decision on which one to take. The one that Glenn didn’t take got a shot on Fitpatrick and the ball was incomplete on 3rd down.

2nd Series
              Glenn once again did not get beaten in this set of downs….it should be noted that Fitz was NOT hanging onto the ball but Glenn’s assignment did not get past him which included a delayed blitz by London Fletcher which Cordy very nicely stayed at home on even though he was in space for a few seconds waiting. This should have been a touchdown series were it not for a very stupid alignment penalty.

3rd Series
              Note: On the first down it looked like Cordy got turned sideways by the DE…..but maintained his balance and kept himself between the defender and Fitz. Did not get beat.
              Glenn did not get beat on this series…..this is despite Orakpo trying to play with him moving around and not getting a stance…..also attempted a stunt which was picked up the the O line.

4th Series
              On the first down Glenn gets beat outside…..first legit getting beat of the game for Glenn….Glenn uses his arm length to keep the defender away from Fitz despite being beat….the defender trys to knock the ball out of Fitz hand from behind as he is trying to pass but misses.
              2nd down….gets called for the false start

5th Series
              We are starting to seriously get into backup players but Glenn stays in the game…..finally some running plays (speaking of which…..not one run play with the starters and anyone who knows anything about O line play will tell you that you NEED to run the football for the offensive linemen….it gives them a chance to pound on the defense rather then take a pounding and always being in “defend” mode…..gotta do it it Chan.
              On the 2nd down of the series the whistle is blown dead and Glenn relaxes…..had it been a live play a defender would have beaten Glenn to the inside and killed the QB. Other then that did not get beat on the series.

I am going to break this off at this point because its not really fair to evaluate Cordy Glenn without having Levitre next to him……having Asper there isn’t really fair atthat point. Basically…..I saw him get beat one time (which did not result in a negative play….and he took 1 play off due to a blown whistle that did not result in a negative play. Besides those 2 plays he held his assignments.
              - - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ed View Post
              Was he going against Orakpo or Kerrigan?

Orakpo a few times. But Orakpo moved around some and wasn't always Glenns man.. Not sure on Kerrigan

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                • Sep 2004

Good job, gracias!
                The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl View Post
                  I skimmed through this fast, so If I missed a play or 2 sorry

1. Pushes man outside never touches Fitz. Fitz Coverage sack
                  2. Bullrush, Glenn stonewalls
                  3. Blitz, Not Glenn man, Glenn handles his man with no problems
                  4. No real challenge here no problem handling his man
                  5. Blitz form the outside. Spiller picks it up a bit late. Glenn handles his man. Jones catch, penalty on Chandler
                  6. Stevie TD, penalty illegal procedure Spiller…. Glenn Goes inside to block, DL runs a stunt, or a LB tries to come on the outside, Glenn moves off his man and picks up the guy coming on the outside TEXT BOOK !!!!
                  7. Glenn handles his block with ease.. FG unit comes on
                  8. Glenn handles his block with ease
                  9. Sweet Chandler Catch. Glenn again handles his man with ease
                  10. Completion to Stevie. Glenn handles his man with ease again
                  11. No issues here. Glenn stacks his man and sticks with him
                  12. Bull rusher.. Backs him up some but he hold on Fitz bomb to Hagan down the sideline overthrown
                  13. Not challenged on this play… Doesn’t bite on the DE move inside. Inc to SJ
                  14. Edge rusher gets a step but Glenn pushes him away and Fitz delivers the ball without being touched. INC.
                  15. False Start #77 Cordy Glenn
                  16. Helps out inside. Fitz com to Chandler short gain
                  17. Wa brings an extra rusher on outside. Glenn picks it up. Illegal use of hands not called on Wa
                  18. Thigpen in. 1st run play of night. Glenn moves his guy back 2 yds
                  19. False start #38 McIntyre
                  20. False Start #63 Asper
                  21. Edge rush, gets step on Glenn. Glenn pushes him to the ground
                  22. False Start #11 TJ Graham
                  23. Edge rush Glenn is all over it.
                  24. Run play right. Glenn seals off his man on the left
                  25. Run play. Glenn moves his man back 3 yds
                  26. Not really challenged. Seals off his man. Thigpen INC… Illegal use of hands on Wa against Clowney not called
                  27. Hairston in
                  That's a whole lot of rah-rah. No negatives?
                  Last edited by stuckincincy; 08-10-2012, 01:17 PM.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                    That's a whole lot of rah-rah. No negatives?

I could not see any.. I am not an X and O's guy, but nobody gave him much trouble that I could see. Now maybe he did something wrong fundamentally that I am incapable of recognizing, but I could not dissect that.

Look at the quote from John the Hemet. His matches my assessment pretty well...

Comment

• Slim
                      • Apr 2004

I remember him staying on his blocks, but repeatedly getting pushed back into the pocket, which doesn't allow Fitz to step into his throw properly and screws up his already screwed mechanics even worse. I'll have to re-watch the game though to point out when.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Slim View Post
                        I remember him staying on his blocks, but repeatedly getting pushed back into the pocket, which doesn't allow Fitz to step into his throw properly and screws up his already screwed mechanics even worse. I'll have to re-watch the game though to point out when.
                        there was a bull rush or 3.. Mostly he held up.. a couple times he was pushed back some but he still locked on and I didn't see it affecting Fitz ability to make a play. But repeatedly NOT AT ALL, not even close. Kind of funny how people perceive something

Yeah I encourage a full re watch and dissection...

more encouraging was his run blocks when Thigpen came in. He moved his man back both times.

The other thing to keep in mind is WA blitzed a bunch, or brought an extra man on the rush.. this usually doesn't happen in a 1st presseason game...
                        Last edited by ddaryl; 08-10-2012, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl View Post
                          there was a bull rush or 3.. Mostly he held up.. a couple times he was pushed back some but he still locked on and I didn't see it affecting Fitz ability to make a play. But repeatedly NOT AT ALL, not even close. Kind of funny how people perceive something

Yeah I encourage a full re watch and dissection...

more encouraging was his run blocks when Thigpen came in. He moved his man back both times.

The other thing to keep in mind is WA blitzed a bunch, or brought an extra man on the rush.. this usually doesn't happen in a 1st presseason game...
                          I guess he's in the wait 'n see catagory. Most of the pre-draft press touted him as an interior lineman. But as you say - 1st pre-season game. Hope he finally resolves the long-standing LT problem BUF has suffered. Nice no-sack nums last season, but the team goes nowhere if the their qb has to get by on 3 step drops more times than not.
                          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                            I guess he's in the wait 'n see catagory. Most of the pre-draft press touted him as an interior lineman. But as you say - 1st pre-season game. Hope he finally resolves the long-standing LT problem BUF has suffered. Nice no-sack nums last season, but the team goes nowhere if the their qb has to get by on 3 step drops more times than not.

I like what i saw overall

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                              • Sep 2009

Thanks for putting in the effort ddaryl, appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                              X