• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Fitz/ 1st team Offense Play by Play

1. Sacked… Coverage ? Reinhart gets pushed back and the left and right end rushers get behind Fitz Pocket collapsing
    2. SJ 11 yds COMP
    3. BLITZ, nobody picks the blitz up. Fitz must throw or be sacked. Pass thrown behind Freddie INC
    4. Fitz Zigs, Chandler Zags.. INC
    5. Blitz from the outside. Spiller picks it up a little late. COMP to Jones
    6. TD Stevie, penalty Spiller
    7. Blitz, but no issue, Quick Pass to Spiller thrown behind him INC
    8. Quick pass to Spiller 2 yds COMP
    9. Chandler over the middle. COMP. 27 yds
    10. SJ 11 yds COMP
    11. Quick pass attempt to SJ, Batted down at the line INC
    12. Long Bomb to Hagan, Off the mark, INC
    13. Outside to SJ, too high. Stevie gets some finger tips on it.. INC
    14. Long Crossing route Pass to Chandler Overthrown INC
    15. False Start #77 Glenn
    16. Chandler for 6 yds COMP
    17. Pass attempt to SJ.. INC ** Illegal use of hands by WA ??? ** Pass looks like it was where it should be. I thought it should of been a called

Should be noted that Wa blitzed a lot.. Not something you see in a 1st preseason game

• mjt328
    • May 2011

Re: Fitz/ 1st team Offense Play by Play

The starting offense had three problems last night:

1. Penalties:
    Not surprising that we were sloppy in the first preseason game. One of the penalties was on the rookie (Cordy Glenn). I don't think this is a big deal and I think the coaches will have things corrected before the start of the season.

2. Fitzpatrick's Accuracy:
    Yeah, it's just preseason, but this is a big concern. We've been hearing all off-season that Fitz's late-season collapse was injury related. With healed ribs and extra focus on his mechanics, a lot of people are expecting a major improvement. He was ALL OVER THE PLACE last night. He threw too short, too long and behind his receivers.

3. Pass Blocking:
    I was disappointed with the lack of protection for Fitz in the first couple series, but I'm expecting this to improve before the games actually count. Hopefully, in the regular season we can run once in awhile and keep the defense off balance a little bit. Last night, the Bills just wanted to spread the field with five receivers, and the Redskins just wanted to blitz. It was a bad combination for us.
    2013 "My Should Have" Draft
    Posted During the 2013 Draft
    1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
    2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
    3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
    5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
    6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
    7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
    1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
    2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
    2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
    3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
    4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
    5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
    6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
    7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• ddaryl
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by mjt328 View Post
      The starting offense had three problems last night:

3. Pass Blocking:
      I was disappointed with the lack of protection for Fitz in the first couple series, but I'm expecting this to improve before the games actually count. Hopefully, in the regular season we can run once in awhile and keep the defense off balance a little bit. Last night, the Bills just wanted to spread the field with five receivers, and the Redskins just wanted to blitz. It was a bad combination for us.

WA did bring odd man rushes and blitzed a bunch, and this was a 1st preseason game.. I found that odd, and I doubt we really were completely prepared for that. BUT it served as a wake up call

Pears and Woods are not playing either..

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl View Post
        WA did bring odd man rushes and blitzed a bunch, and this was a 1st preseason game.. I found that odd, and I doubt we really were completely prepared for that. BUT it served as a wake up call

Good points on Pears and Woods, but what we saw from the skins is what we're gonna see all year, so we are better off learning to make adjustments now. I'm glad they blitzed a ton. Thanks for the breakdown Daryl.

Comment

• dog14787
          • Oct 2010

The throw and catch from Fitzy to Scott Chandler put a huge grin on my face.

brought back fond memories...
          Last edited by Figster; 08-11-2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• ddaryl
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
            Good points on Pears and Woods, but what we saw from the skins is what we're gonna see all year, so we are better off learning to make adjustments now. I'm glad they blitzed a ton. Thanks for the breakdown Daryl.
            Your welcome.

yeah I agree we will see it all year long.. However I'm not sure how prepared they were for it being the 1st preseasons game where vanilla is the flavor. None the less WA did us a favor by blitzing early in preseaons.. The guys now have that taste and it will benefit them

Comment

• CoolBreeze
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ddaryl View Post

It's funny how some teams play to win like it's regular season, instead of measuring the talent they have. It's kind of like last year when the Bills played Denver, and Denver acted like it was the Super Bowl.

Comment

• PTI
                Banned
                • Jan 2011

Fitz just showed more of his poor ability to move the chains. Seriously, Young is not that good, but he can move the chains, and that is what the Bills need. He will be starting at some point pretty early on too.

Comment

Working...
                X