• Show
Clear All
  • Joebuffalowins
    • Apr 2012

A piece on expensive defenses

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: A piece on expensive defenses

NIx did his job. It's up to Chan and DW to put things together. DW historically is conservative but I hope that Chan tells him to be aggressive. Gilbride was all pass until Coughlin told him to run the ball.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
      NIx did his job. It's up to Chan and DW to put things together. DW historically is conservative but I hope that Chan tells him to be aggressive. Gilbride was all pass until Coughlin told him to run the ball.
      And that right there is why I did not want him to be our DC. He's the definition of what we all hated under DJ.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        And that right there is why I did not want him to be our DC. He's the definition of what we all hated under DJ.
        However, you don't have to be aggressive when you run a 4-3. DW's system is about having a front 4 that can all win 1v1 and having the 3 LBs be very fast in coverage and sound tacklers.

The Giants rarely blitz, neither do the Bears or Titans. With the right players any system can work. Problem with DJ is he didnt have any pass rushers yet his system was based on having 4 pass rushers on the DL. It was poor management of player personnel.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
          However, you don't have to be aggressive when you run a 4-3. DW's system is about having a front 4 that can all win 1v1 and having the 3 LBs be very fast in coverage and sound tacklers.

The Giants rarely blitz, neither do the Bears or Titans. With the right players any system can work. Problem with DJ is he didnt have any pass rushers yet his system was based on having 4 pass rushers on the DL. It was poor management of player personnel.
          Any system can work with the right personnel, but give me an agressive play call all day over a conservative one.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Any system can work with the right personnel, but give me an agressive play call all day over a conservative one.
            Except its the conservative play calling of the Giants and not the aggressive play calling of the Jets that beats the Pats and Packers. The best QBs are too good to beat with Blitzes more often than not. The most effective D is getting there with 4 and flooding the rest of the field with 7.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Except its the conservative play calling of the Giants and not the aggressive play calling of the Jets that beats the Pats and Packers. The best QBs are too good to beat with Blitzes more often than not. The most effective D is getting there with 4 and flooding the rest of the field with 7.
              I think you're being too strict with conservative meaning non-blitz and aggressive meaning blitz. The Giants going with 3 or 4 DE's on the line at one time is quite aggressive, their use of stunts and twists and timely zone blitzes again is agressive. There are ways to call aggressive defenses without having to bring 1 or 2 LB's on a blitz, would you not agree?
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

thats the thing, both DW and DJ are unfit to be HC's in this league. Like I said, I'm hoping Chan will tell DW to be aggressive.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Although the fins we're one of the top D's when Wanny was the fins coach, they were known to not show up in December and part of that was Wanny's conservative philosophy.

IMO , we have a better line up than what Wanny had but being able to do what the giants did to Brady remains to be seen.
                  Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-13-2012, 01:06 PM.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                  X