• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Stephon Gilmore

Didn't realize what Wilson said about the rookie something like -

Every time there is a completion on him, Gilmore would catch up to the QB and WR on what they saw of him on that play, something Wilson said he never saw in the past from anyone did, including vets.

I know Revis, while at Pitt, had a reputation of really digging into all pass plays at him. No wonder all the veteran guys - established guys, Fitz, Stevie, Terrence, and Wilson, think very highly of him.
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: Stephon Gilmore

He is going to play a long time in the league and will be very good in time. {Barring injury of course}

And our other SEC cb , Brooks will do the same eventually.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

I think it will be feast or famine with Stephon in his rookie year. He's made plays and he's gotten burned a lot too.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

I've already stated after they drafted those two guys our three best cb's will be Gilmore, Williams and Brooks in the slot this year.
        I don't know if they will start the year off like that but Brooks will eventually get there.

Comment

• k-oneputt
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
          I think it will be feast or famine with Stephon in his rookie year. He's made plays and he's gotten burned a lot too.
          He's a rookie playing a tough position, and they all get burned sometimes.
          Gilmore I'm sure will also have the other teams #1 most of the time.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Feels good to hear these things about him. McKelvin is such a slopfest, nice to know we've learned a bit since then.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

I agree with most of what was said, but my god was he playing off coverage last Thursday. He was 12 yards off screen pass that Garcon scored on. In college he had a reputation for blowing up screen passes like that.

In the long run I think he'll be fine, but we need to adjust our system to allow aggressive players to be aggressive.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                He's a rookie playing a tough position, and they all get burned sometimes.
                Gilmore I'm sure will also have the other teams #1 most of the time.
                I agree. I think he'll be a probowler but Brady likes to pick on rookies.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

I associate Ron Brooks to David Nelson.

Both were blocked by other players in college but both we damn good enough to start. Being able to get these guys is a blessing.

NE got a good one from a similar situation in Aaron Hernandez.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

gilmore could not be more impressive overall if he tried. hes the anti-mcknumnuts
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

I despise McKelvin at this point.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Don't remember a single first round selection in the past decade with this type of maturity and work ethic, specifically referring to Bills draft choices. Seems like he's a football junkie and doing his job is his only concern. What a ****ing relief. At least you know he's actively trying to better himself on the field.

Comment

• GingerP
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                          NE got a good one from a similar situation in Aaron Hernandez.
                          I don't think Hernandez was in that kind of situation, stuck behind better players. He was All-American, All-SEC and won the John Mackey Award, given to the best TE in college football.

NE got him because he liked to smoke weed in college and flunked several drug tests. That caused him to drop in the draft and they reaped the benefit.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                            Don't remember a single first round selection in the past decade with this type of maturity and work ethic, specifically referring to Bills draft choices. Seems like he's a football junkie and doing his job is his only concern. What a ****ing relief. At least you know he's actively trying to better himself on the field.
                            Marcel Dareus? But in general I fully agree.
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• kishoph
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                              I agree with most of what was said, but my god was he playing off coverage last Thursday. He was 12 yards off screen pass that Garcon scored on. In college he had a reputation for blowing up screen passes like that.

In the long run I think he'll be fine, but we need to adjust our system to allow aggressive players to be aggressive.

I would guess that's dictated by what type of coverage is called by the coaches and not by his preference of how to play the man.
                              Last edited by kishoph; 08-15-2012, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X