PDA

View Full Version : Piece on the Bills wrs

Joebuffalowins
08-14-2012, 04:06 PM
If you like or hate this piece, let me know. Thanks!

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-bills/articles/the-new-fun-bunch.html

The King
08-14-2012, 04:14 PM
I consider Nelson the number two regardless of who lines up opposite Stevie. Nelson or Chandler will get the second look in most cases. And both guys have been more sure handed than Stevie.

mayotm
08-14-2012, 05:07 PM
If you like or hate this piece, let me know. Thanks!

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-bills/articles/the-new-fun-bunch.htmlDid you intentionally leave Hagan off your depth chart? Most reports seem to indicate that he's had a very good camp. He seems to be ahead of Martin and Easley.

Joebuffalowins
08-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Did you intentionally leave Hagan off your depth chart? Most reports seem to indicate that he's had a very good camp. He seems to be ahead of Martin and Easley.

Yeah, I've been reading that. I think Martin gets on because he's suppose to be good at special teams.

Coach Sal
08-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Are you saying you think they'll keep seven not counting Brad Smith?

I can't see that happening.

The King
08-14-2012, 06:51 PM

Especially with two kickers

IAG
08-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Crazy as it sounds, I would like Plaxico Burress in the Red Zone. I think Chan can handle him.

GingerP
08-14-2012, 07:40 PM
I consider Nelson the number two regardless of who lines up opposite Stevie. Nelson or Chandler will get the second look in most cases. And both guys have been more sure handed than Stevie.

That worries me a little. Neither guy is a big play threat, or great in yards-after-catch. Chandler with his 10.2 YPR and Nelson with his 11 YPR are both guys who are steady but not threats to make big plays.

SJ is the main gun in the passing game, but they need a 2nd option to get some explosive plays and easy scores. Donald Jones is supposed to be that guy, but he hasn't proven it yet. You can move the ball down the field, but good offenses get explosive plays that lead to easy scores and points. Those kinds of plays scare defenses, otherwise they are going to sit on the short stuff and force the Bills to execute really efficiently. You can run and move the chains with the short stuff, but the explosive plays are what make teams like Green Bay and New Orleans scary on offense.

Really, Spiller is the only explosive guy on offense, and he hasn't been in the field enough to do it often. Graham is supposed to add some of that, but he is an unknown right now.

The King
08-14-2012, 07:47 PM
To say Spiller is the only explosive guy is ludacris. Jackson is a threat to score whenever he touches the ball.

GingerP
08-14-2012, 07:55 PM
To say Spiller is the only explosive guy is ludacris. Jackson is a threat to score whenever he touches the ball.

Fred is a great player, I am not taking away from his ability. He is an all-round threat in the mold of Matt Forte or Ray Rice.

The passing game lacks big play threats, though. That is a concern. You can spread the field and throw it around, but you need great yards-after-catch guys. I worry that the top receivers outside SJ are catch-and-fall-down guys like Nelson and Chandler. You can move the ball, but if you have to string together lots of plays all the time it is hard to score big. They need more explosive plays. They need a guy like Jones, Graham or Spiller to give them those chunk passing plays that scare a defense.

The King
08-14-2012, 08:12 PM
I agree with that. But I think Chandler is going to be a better player this year. I don't know if the player your talking about is on the roster though. I think Jones is limited to his speed I don't think he's a good enough athlete to be a lock at 2.

Maybe it's Graham? The Qbs seem to like him.

Joebuffalowins
08-14-2012, 09:05 PM

No six. Martin and Easley.

ublinkwescore
08-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Trust me. Plax will not be a bill.

ddaryl
08-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Johnson
Nelson
Jones
Graham
Hagan

The final battle Roosevelt Martin Easley

I think Roosevelt might get the nod. More upside, runs good crisp routes, return man, and catches most everything thrown to him

Easley is as good as gone IMO.. just way to inconsistent, I would say practice squad but I don't think he is eligible anymore

Crazy as it sounds, I would like Plaxico Burress in the Red Zone. I think Chan can handle him.

Ask yourself one question.. Why does NOBODY want this guy. Even Seattle went with T.O. over Plax.. N.E. tried him out but has no plans to offer him a contract.

GingerP
08-15-2012, 09:50 AM
never mind.

justasportsfan
08-15-2012, 10:12 AM
the bills are hoping they found gold from garbage players that the league didn't want. Not so worried about it since the HC himself is an offensive minded coach. He's been able to get a lot of of guys like Stevie, Chandler and Nelson. Chan is pretty much hoping Jones and the rest will follow. I had my doubts when we drafted him but I think TJ Graham will develop into a good wr.

justasportsfan
08-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Johnson
Nelson
Jones
Graham
Hagan

The final battle Roosevelt Martin Easley

I think Roosevelt might get the nod. More upside, runs good crisp routes, return man, and catches most everything thrown to him

Easley is as good as gone IMO.. just way to inconsistent, I would say practice squad but I don't think he is eligible anymore

Ask yourself one question.. Why does NOBODY want this guy. Even Seattle went with T.O. over Plax.. N.E. tried him out but has no plans to offer him a contract.

why isn't Easley eligible for practice squad? :idunno:

Meathead
08-15-2012, 11:32 AM
rUveLL

one u and two ls numnuts

ddaryl
08-15-2012, 11:56 AM
why isn't Easley eligible for practice squad? :idunno:

I believe its his 3rd season but with injuries and all I'm not sure if that affects his elidgibility

but after further review I guess he would be...

In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);
Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;
If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment