X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joebuffalowins
    • Apr 2012

Piece on the Bills wrs

If you like or hate this piece, let me know. Thanks!

• The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Piece on the Bills wrs

I consider Nelson the number two regardless of who lines up opposite Stevie. Nelson or Chandler will get the second look in most cases. And both guys have been more sure handed than Stevie.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• mayotm
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Joebuffalowins View Post
      If you like or hate this piece, let me know. Thanks!

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-b...fun-bunch.html
      Did you intentionally leave Hagan off your depth chart? Most reports seem to indicate that he's had a very good camp. He seems to be ahead of Martin and Easley.

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by mayotm View Post
        Did you intentionally leave Hagan off your depth chart? Most reports seem to indicate that he's had a very good camp. He seems to be ahead of Martin and Easley.
        Yeah, I've been reading that. I think Martin gets on because he's suppose to be good at special teams.

Comment

• Coach Sal
          • Aug 2006

Are you saying you think they'll keep seven not counting Brad Smith?

I can't see that happening.
          Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
          And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Coach Sal View Post

Especially with two kickers
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• IAG
              • Jan 2005

Crazy as it sounds, I would like Plaxico Burress in the Red Zone. I think Chan can handle him.

Comment

• GingerP
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by The King View Post
                I consider Nelson the number two regardless of who lines up opposite Stevie. Nelson or Chandler will get the second look in most cases. And both guys have been more sure handed than Stevie.
                That worries me a little. Neither guy is a big play threat, or great in yards-after-catch. Chandler with his 10.2 YPR and Nelson with his 11 YPR are both guys who are steady but not threats to make big plays.

SJ is the main gun in the passing game, but they need a 2nd option to get some explosive plays and easy scores. Donald Jones is supposed to be that guy, but he hasn't proven it yet. You can move the ball down the field, but good offenses get explosive plays that lead to easy scores and points. Those kinds of plays scare defenses, otherwise they are going to sit on the short stuff and force the Bills to execute really efficiently. You can run and move the chains with the short stuff, but the explosive plays are what make teams like Green Bay and New Orleans scary on offense.

Really, Spiller is the only explosive guy on offense, and he hasn't been in the field enough to do it often. Graham is supposed to add some of that, but he is an unknown right now.
                Last edited by GingerP; 08-14-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

To say Spiller is the only explosive guy is ludacris. Jackson is a threat to score whenever he touches the ball.
                  It was all

Comment

• GingerP
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    To say Spiller is the only explosive guy is ludacris. Jackson is a threat to score whenever he touches the ball.
                    Fred is a great player, I am not taking away from his ability. He is an all-round threat in the mold of Matt Forte or Ray Rice.

The passing game lacks big play threats, though. That is a concern. You can spread the field and throw it around, but you need great yards-after-catch guys. I worry that the top receivers outside SJ are catch-and-fall-down guys like Nelson and Chandler. You can move the ball, but if you have to string together lots of plays all the time it is hard to score big. They need more explosive plays. They need a guy like Jones, Graham or Spiller to give them those chunk passing plays that scare a defense.
                    Last edited by GingerP; 08-14-2012, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

I agree with that. But I think Chandler is going to be a better player this year. I don't know if the player your talking about is on the roster though. I think Jones is limited to his speed I don't think he's a good enough athlete to be a lock at 2.

Maybe it's Graham? The Qbs seem to like him.
                      Last edited by The King; 08-14-2012, 08:14 PM.
                      It was all

Comment

• Joebuffalowins
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Coach Sal View Post

No six. Martin and Easley.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

Trust me. Plax will not be a bill.
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

Johnson
                            Nelson
                            Jones
                            Graham
                            Hagan

The final battle Roosevelt Martin Easley

I think Roosevelt might get the nod. More upside, runs good crisp routes, return man, and catches most everything thrown to him

Easley is as good as gone IMO.. just way to inconsistent, I would say practice squad but I don't think he is eligible anymore

Originally posted by IAG View Post
                            Crazy as it sounds, I would like Plaxico Burress in the Red Zone. I think Chan can handle him.

Ask yourself one question.. Why does NOBODY want this guy. Even Seattle went with T.O. over Plax.. N.E. tried him out but has no plans to offer him a contract.
                            Last edited by ddaryl; 08-15-2012, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• GingerP
                              • Aug 2012

never mind.
                              Last edited by GingerP; 08-15-2012, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X