PDA

View Full Version : This weeks podcast: Jasper, what to look for in Minny, & a Jets fan has plenty to say

Coach Sal
08-14-2012, 05:52 PM
A brand new Buffalo Bills Now! podcast is ready to go! Talkin' preseason opener, next game, Michael Jasper release, and a New York Jets fan infiltrates the show. Bills fans need to hear it! Download it in the iTunes store or listen here (please subscribe!):

http://www.salsports.com/SalSports/Buffalo_Bills_Now_Podcasts/Entries/2012/8/14_Buffalo_Bills_Now_%2873%29__Penalties_mar_Bills_preseason_opener%3B_Michael_Jasper_cut.html

Skooby
08-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Thanks Coach!!!

better days
08-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Always look forward to your podcasts Sal. Keep them comming please.

The King
08-15-2012, 09:34 AM
You still doing the live show Sal or just podcasts?

Coach Sal
08-15-2012, 12:24 PM
You still doing the live show Sal or just podcasts?

Too tough rely on the same live schedule every week - and that messes people up, including me! LOL

So, I'll throw a few in this season hopefully. But just gonna concentrate mostly on doing them as podcasts and then making them sound better with some post-production. You should be able to notice the difference already this week in that regard.

The King
08-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Gotcha. Don't know if you saw it but I incorporated you into my cartoon last week.

Coach Sal
08-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Gotcha. Don't know if you saw it but I incorporated you into my cartoon last week.

*s-h-i-t. No, I didn't. Hopefully it was something that at least represented my good looks accurately :)

Can you link it again here?

The King
08-16-2012, 07:13 AM
You can find all the cartoons here. Yours is the 2nd one.

Extremebillsfan247
08-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Anonymous Jets fan doesn't understand the optimism of Bills fans because, and I quote, "We got 1 good player in free agency"? :lol: He doesn't understand it because he isn't a Bills fan. It's the water up there in Jersey https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-_mQyyo1128c/TXfKDIN4JKI/AAAAAAAAAbs/FMgh8ZpOE2c/Gasland+water+on+fire.png , makes them looney. : ) Go Bills. JMO

better days
08-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Too tough rely on the same live schedule every week - and that messes people up, including me! LOL

So, I'll throw a few in this season hopefully. But just gonna concentrate mostly on doing them as podcasts and then making them sound better with some post-production. You should be able to notice the difference already this week in that regard.

Enjoyed the podcast Sal. I was going to comment about how the sound is MUCH improved from the old days.

Coach Sal
08-16-2012, 08:56 AM
You can find all the cartoons here. Yours is the 2nd one.

Haha, that was cool, King. Thanks for including me. Usually when people use media heads as part of a story, cartoon, etc., it's not too flattering. That was funny and true. I was like that after the game. Also, enjoyed the accuracy of my baldness and goatee :) Are you on twitter? I can link it and mention it there if you are.

Enjoyed the podcast Sal. I was going to comment about how the sound is MUCH improved from the old days.

Thanks! I worked hard on finding a solution, then realized how simple it was to fix. As the kids say, SMH!

OpIv37
08-16-2012, 09:01 AM
I will say this: I like both the Coach Sal and the John Murphy podcasts, but it's hard to listen to them back to back because of the different pacing.

Murph's show is a little relaxed and moves at a slow pace. They spend a lot of time on topics and interviews, and, even though I like it overall, it does drag at times.

Coach Sal's podcast is "let's see how much content we can cram into 35-40 minutes without glazing over anything." If I try to listen to it while I'm working or doing something else, I find I miss things.

I'm not saying that one is necessarily better or worse than the other, but it definitely shows the generation gap and the difference between those used to working in traditional media and those who have had their whole careers in the age of new media.

Coach Sal
08-16-2012, 09:17 AM
I will say this: I like both the Coach Sal and the John Murphy podcasts, but it's hard to listen to them back to back because of the different pacing.

Murph's show is a little relaxed and moves at a slow pace. They spend a lot of time on topics and interviews, and, even though I like it overall, it does drag at times.

Coach Sal's podcast is "let's see how much content we can cram into 35-40 minutes without glazing over anything." If I try to listen to it while I'm working or doing something else, I find I miss things.

I'm not saying that one is necessarily better or worse than the other, but it definitely shows the generation gap and the difference between those used to working in traditional media and those who have had their whole careers in the age of new media.

Interesting. Thanks for that feedback.

I'll say this. The area I try to work on most is my pacing because I'm a naturally fast talker. Always have been, even when I was a kid. Then, when I get a headset on and a timer going, I rush even a little more sometimes. Like you said, not necessarily a bad thing, but definitely something I know I do and try to take notice of. I used to have a sign in front of me with big letters that said, "SLOW DOWN!" just to remind myself.

So, again, thanks. Glad it's not "too fast" for you. But I'd like to strike that balance of energetic and fast, yet not too crammed and rushed. I'm always working on it.

The King
08-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Haha, that was cool, King. Thanks for including me. Usually when people use media heads as part of a story, cartoon, etc., it's not too flattering. That was funny and true. I was like that after the game. Also, enjoyed the accuracy of my baldness and goatee :) Are you on twitter? I can link it and mention it there if you are.

Absolutely! @MBBedard & @Billszone, I do the cartoons about twice a week. There's a link to them on our main page as well. They're not always hits, but I try.