PDA

View Full Version : new BIRCH BIGSLEY: Top 10 Bills QBs

Birch Bigsley
08-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Its hard not to throw in a few mediocre QBs to this list. You try to come up with one better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2xU_n2kWh0&feature=youtu.be

Electrici
08-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Not sure how, but someone beat you to your own video:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/213079-Birch-Top-10-Bills-QB-Youtube-video

LarryBoy
08-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Good stuff!

Generalissimus Gibby
08-14-2012, 08:41 PM
My list is already way better than this, and I only watched half

1) Kelly, duh!
2) Kemp, yes Fergy had better numbers, Kemp won rings on teams that could have beaten the NFL's Browns, Packers, or Colts
3) Fergy
4) Flutie
5) Nancy Drew
6) Reich
7) Lamonica
8) James Harris
9) Alex van Pelt, he was the reason we were in so many of those close games in the stinker that was 2001, and lets not forget that he helped us beat Tennessee in the revenge game
10) Todd Collins, I just don't think he was given enough of a chance.

SquishDaFish
08-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Not sure how, but someone beat you to your own video:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/213079-Birch-Top-10-Bills-QB-Youtube-video

Yes def posted your video first bud. Saw it on twitter

Birch Bigsley
08-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Yes def posted your video first bud. Saw it on twitter

haha sweeetttt! This is why I love being a Bills fan. So awesome. Thanks bro!

Mr. Pink
08-14-2012, 09:04 PM
You added Lamonica based on what he did elsewhere, you just as easily could have added Flores or O'Connell then too. Or Ferragamo for that matter. How about Gale Gilbert for going to 5 straight Superbowls? Not that he played in any :rofl:

Don't forget Willie Totten!

Generalissimus Gibby
08-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Willy Totten?

Mr. Pink
08-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Willy Totten?

You forgot about him? haha

Generalissimus Gibby
08-14-2012, 09:16 PM
You forgot about him? haha

According to Wikipedia he was here in 87, so was he a strike QB?

Mr. Pink
08-14-2012, 09:24 PM
According to Wikipedia he was here in 87, so was he a strike QB?

He was one of the replacement QBs, yeah.

Meathead
08-14-2012, 11:07 PM
yeah but the other guy just called you birch

id kick his ass

Forward_Lateral
08-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Trent and JP should be nowhere near the list. I don't care who you put instead of them, as long as it isn't Rob Johnson.

PTI
08-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Kelly
Kemp
Ferguson
Bledsoe
Shaw
Reich
Flutie
Johnson
Edwards
Fizpatrick

The last buffalo fan
08-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Kelly
Kemp
Ferguson
Bledsoe
Shaw
Reich
Flutie
Johnson
Edwards
Fizpatrick :spit:

:up:

PTI
08-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Fitz barely made the top 10.

justasportsfan
08-15-2012, 01:47 PM
It's pretty sad when your no.1 qb was a qb who couldn't win a single sb while going to 4. two of the top 5 are NE rejects. I hope Nix will look for a franchise qb to develop next year even if Fitz plays above average . We need a franchise qb to take us to the sb.

The Jokeman
08-15-2012, 08:19 PM
It's pretty sad when your no.1 qb was a qb who couldn't win a single sb while going to 4. two of the top 5 are NE rejects. I hope Nix will look for a franchise qb to develop next year even if Fitz plays above average . We need a franchise qb to take us to the sb.

If this team doesn't make the playoffs this season I think Fitz is as good as gone. That said I think we still need some other weapons in the passing game to really think a "franchise" QB will really take us where we want to go.

Extremebillsfan247
08-16-2012, 05:37 AM
No Vince Ferragamo? Granted he only played a season with Buffalo in the dreaded '80s, but had a pretty decent career as a QB. I guess it depends on what criteria you use when putting your list together.

Anyway, I decided to do something a little different and compared all Bills QB's based on where they ranked among all NFL QB's since 1950. I used Pro-Football-Reference.com to figure this out. The 10 best starting QB's to wear a Bills uniform looks a little different than the ops. I did include Fitzpatrick here just to see where he stood among them.

Here is what I came up with, you will see the name of the QB and his overall rank in reference to where he ended up on this list.

Starting from 10 to 1:
* signifies a tie.
10. Johnny Green = 6099th overall
9. Trent Edwards = 5094th overall
8. J. P. Losman = 4738th overall *
8. Rob Johnson = 4738th overall *
7. Ryan Fitzpatrick = 3577th overall
6. Vince Ferragamo = 2976th overall
5. Doug Flutie = 1485th overall
4. Jack Kemp = 617th overall
3. Joe Ferguson = 366th overall
2. Jim Kelly = 124th overall
1. Drew Bledsoe = 112th overall

These are all based on career marks. A lot of these guys split time between Buffalo and other teams. This is why I think it really depends on criteria. The qualifiers for making your list must be clear in my opinion. But, If it were based on overall career, then Ferragamo definitely belongs in the Bills top 10. JMO

justasportsfan
08-16-2012, 09:50 AM
If this team doesn't make the playoffs this season I think Fitz is as good as gone. That said I think we still need some other weapons in the passing game to really think a "franchise" QB will really take us where we want to go.

If FItz's ceiling is the playoffs, I still say we look for one to develop. Nix grabbed Rivers even when they had Brees. IMO Newton was the only qb Nix thought would be worth drafting to be the franchise qb but since he was drafted before Nix could pick ,Dareus was not a bad plan B.

The Jokeman
08-16-2012, 12:34 PM
If FItz's ceiling is the playoffs, I still say we look for one to develop. Nix grabbed Rivers even when they had Brees. IMO Newton was the only qb Nix thought would be worth drafting to be the franchise qb but since he was drafted before Nix could pick ,Dareus was not a bad plan B.

I'm actually glad we didn't get Newton as I've always been one that puts the word franchise first when it comes to franchise QB. I mean as great as Newton was last year the Panthers might be in trouble as still need to shore up their D and might worry about when Steve Smith's too old. Yet again if Fitz fails to make the playoffs this year then I will be amongst those calling for us drafting Barkley or Jones. That said I worry about our LT situation and rather have that shored up before going after a QB. Toss in a new QB probably might also mean a change in HC.