PDA

View Full Version : BBD: Camp Report - Day 15, 8/14

DraftBoy
08-15-2012, 07:32 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/08/camp-report-day-15-815/

The Buffalo Bills and their fans were almost out of luck last night as the weather forecast predicted an 85% chance of thunderstorms happening after 7:00.

Lucky for us, the clouds rolled over and only light sprinkles reached St. John Fisher and the Bills were able to hold their final training camp practice of the season.

Lots of Brad Smith notes and some info on what WR has been shining lately.

ddaryl
08-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Whether this means that Vince Young or Tyler Thigpen are out of a job remains to be seen. My bet now is that the Bills keep all four.

I'll take that bet.. The Bills will not Keep both VY and Thigpen, one is going to see the door. Smith is obvioulsy and always was in.

k-oneputt
08-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Good info. of last nights practice.

Bills will not be keeping 4 qb's though. Coming down to Thigpen or Young. Smith is staying as the #3.

Wr's there are four locks, Stevie, Jones, Nelson, and Graham. Do they keep 5 or 6. My guess is 6 but could go with 5 since B. Smith can play out there. How much do they like R.Martin and his special teams play will be a huge decision on who makes it. As a wr I think Martin stinks but he is very good on s.t. imo.
One is staying and one is going between Easley and Hagen.
Martin, Easley, Hagen. Two at most stay and it may be just one.

ddaryl
08-15-2012, 08:04 AM
How much better at special teams is Martin over Roosevelt? Roosevelt is a decent return guy and gets lots of praise for what he does do at WR.

k-oneputt
08-15-2012, 08:25 AM
How much better at special teams is Martin over Roosevelt? Roosevelt is a decent return guy and gets lots of praise for what he does do at WR.

Two different types of special teams players. Martin is a gunner. and I don't think they even need roosevelts return skills.

I like the Buffalo connection with Roosevelt but I think he is behind Hagen, Easley, and Martin.

stuckincincy
08-15-2012, 08:57 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/08/camp-report-day-15-815/

Lots of Brad Smith notes and some info on what WR has been shining lately.

No two ways about it - Smith took BUF to the cleaners. Happens to every club time to time....

better days
08-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Good info. of last nights practice.

Bills will not be keeping 4 qb's though. Coming down to Thigpen or Young. Smith is staying as the #3.

Wr's there are four locks, Stevie, Jones, Nelson, and Graham. Do they keep 5 or 6. My guess is 6 but could go with 5 since B. Smith can play out there. How much do they like R.Martin and his special teams play will be a huge decision on who makes it. As a wr I think Martin stinks but he is very good on s.t. imo.
One is staying and one is going between Easley and Hagen.
Martin, Easley, Hagen. Two at most stay and it may be just one.

I would not be surprised to see Bradham or someone else at a different position than WR replace Martin on special teams if he is cut. WR will be a good position battle to watch as the preseason progresses. It is time for someone to step up & grab that spot. I like the potential of both Easley & Hagen & hope the Bills can find a spot for both on the roster.

Fixxxer
08-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Would it be too crazy to cut both Thiggy and Young and go with Smith as the back-up QB. If Fitz goes down, I would have more confidence in Smith running another, heavy on the run, offense to help our defense (much like the Broncos last year) than to watch Thigpen or Young try to move the ball in Gailey's system.

better days
08-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Would it be too crazy to cut both Thiggy and Young and go with Smith as the back-up QB. If Fitz goes down, I would have more confidence in Smith running another, heavy on the run, offense to help our defense (much like the Broncos last year) than to watch Thigpen or Young try to move the ball in Gailey's system.

If VY beats out Thigpen for the 2 QB role which I expect him to do, I would expect Chan to have plays that VY is capable of making in the playbook.

DraftBoy
08-15-2012, 10:58 AM
I would not be surprised to see Bradham or someone else at a different position than WR replace Martin on special teams if he is cut. WR will be a good position battle to watch as the preseason progresses. It is time for someone to step up & grab that spot. I like the potential of both Easley & Hagen & hope the Bills can find a spot for both on the roster.

Bradham is not replacing Martin as a gunner on ST.

k-oneputt
08-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Bradham is not replacing Martin as a gunner on ST.

No he's not, but Brooks might.

DraftBoy
08-15-2012, 11:14 AM
No he's not, but Brooks might.

Why risk your nickle/dime CB who is smaller and has a more meaningful role to play?

k-oneputt
08-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Why risk your nickle/dime CB who is smaller and has a more meaningful role to play?

Because that's what they do, they play special teams and he is very good at it.

I don't know if he will or won't but he is an option if Martin walks.

DraftBoy
08-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Because that's what they do, they play special teams and he is very good at it.

I don't know if he will or won't but he is an option if Martin walks.

Maybe, just dont like exposing our likely NB to that given how much he should see the field.

ddaryl
08-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Two different types of special teams players. Martin is a gunner. and I don't think they even need roosevelts return skills.

I like the Buffalo connection with Roosevelt but I think he is behind Hagen, Easley, and Martin.

gotcha... but as already mentioned other options for gunner over Martin..

HAMMER
08-15-2012, 12:05 PM
I think Thigpen is done in Buffalo unless Young regresses the next two weeks. Young is starting to pick up the system and has so much more upside. I believe if anyone can put him in a position to succeed it is Gailey and D. Lee.

jamze132
08-15-2012, 01:48 PM
VY is the #2. Thigpen will be released before 9 September.

Figster
08-15-2012, 05:24 PM
If VY beats out Thigpen for the 2 QB role which I expect him to do, I would expect Chan to have plays that VY is capable of making in the playbook.

I agree better days, Gailey should design(or choose) 10-15 plays that VY would have the best chance to excel at and sprinkle Young in to help move the football. VY actually looks real comfortable already in the spread, shotgun formation and it gives him a lot of open space to take off with the football.

Provided VY makes the team, to much talent to have sit idle on the sidelines. You have to figure every snap Young takes is one less play Fitzpatrick doesn't get injured on.

VY would be great in short yardage or goal line situations when its a QB keeper.

YardRat
08-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Hagan has been playing some gunner, and as somebody else mentioned it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Brooks lined up there also.

If Ruvell Martin makes this team again this season, I will be seriously pissed.

DraftBoy
08-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Hagan has been playing some gunner, and as somebody else mentioned it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Brooks lined up there also.

If Ruvell Martin makes this team again this season, I will be seriously pissed.

Why? People want to keep a KOS on the team and one could argue a gunner is even important than a KOS with where we kickoff from now.