X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

"I was never as good of a reciever as he is" Pete Metz on Scott Chandler

I find this really interesting. They really are seeing him as becomming the best TE in our history. I am really excited to see him. I think he can be amazing, and with the catches ive seen him make in these highlights, hes gonna be a full field threat who can make acrobatic catches for a big guy

Hes a beast
    Last edited by Cali512; 08-16-2012, 08:20 AM.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: "I was never as good of a reciever as he is" Pete Metz on Scott Chandler

Ditto. I think Chandler is going to take this passing game to the next level. It's one thing to have Freddy and CJ, making plays off screen passes but to have a TE to compliment that, is going to be huge.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

watch

Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

My office firewall thinks that's a bad idea.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

idk y lol

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Goes back 30 + years but he reminds me a little of the Raiders Dave Casper. Big, great hands and enough speed to split the seam.

Metz coming here as his coach could only help. Pats throw to their 2 TE's quite often. Obviously a great idea towards winning football.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Certainly high praise, from one of the better TEs in team history, but as I recall, PM was more known for his blocking skills than his receiving, although he was a great safety valve for Kelly. Especially the first couple of years.

He movement was very fluid for a tall man.

Met him once too. Nice guy.

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                Certainly high praise, from one of the better TEs in team history, but as I recall, PM was more known for his blocking skills than his receiving, although he was a great safety valve for Kelly. Especially the first couple of years.

He movement was very fluid for a tall man.

Met him once too. Nice guy.
                Yeah they touch on that in the video about how Pete's strength was his blocking and that's something that he can really help out Chandler with to make him a more complete TE.

To be honest I was pretty indifferent during the off-season in regards to re-signing Chandler, but I'm glad we did. He seems like a player with a lot of room to improve and develop and he seems to be doing that.

Comment

• Gibby
                  • Jun 2006

I don't know if I'd put Chandelier in the same category as McKeller or Metzlaars just yet, but I think he is easily the best TE we've had since we inexplicably let go of Riemersma.

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thenewfreshness View Post
                    I don't know if I'd put Chandelier in the same category as McKeller or Metzlaars just yet, but I think he is easily the best TE we've had since we inexplicably let go of Riemersma.
                    Jay and Centers being let-go at the same time hurt this team immensely.
                    It was all

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

They have to find a better way to utilize him in the RZ.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LiterateStylish View Post
                        All of his TD's were in the Redzone last season.
                        Yes and we still barely finished above 50% in RZ scoring pct (TD only). The best teams in RZ scoring (Detroit, Green bay, New England, New Orleans, Carolina) all maximize their TE output in the RZ. Chandler scoring 6 times is a great start, has to get better.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

I would bet that the Cowboys are kicking themselves in the ass.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                            I would bet that the Cowboys are kicking themselves in the ass.
                            What about the Chargers and Giants? They both had Chandler too and let him go. Either way I'm not going to think Chandler is anything more then a redzone/depth TE until proves it this year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LiterateStylish View Post
                              All of his TD's were in the Redzone last season.
                              but he disappeared in the 2nd half of the season. If it was because teams finally realized what Chandler could do and made made him a marked man, which stopped his TD output then DB is right.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X