PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey to donate $250 to Ronald McDonald House when players emulate Barry Sanders

BLeonard
08-16-2012, 06:48 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/08/16/mularkeys-donations-for-no-td-dance-shot-at-mjd/

Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Mike Mularkey wants to see his team score touchdowns, he just doesn’t want to see the subsequent celebrations.

“Coach Mularkey made it clear that he wants us to hand the ball to the ref,” said wide receiver Brian Robiskie, according to Action News Jacksonville.

Mularkey will donate $250 to Ronald McDonald House when any player emulates Barry Sanders, acts like he’s been there before and merely hands the ball to the referee.

The Jaguars will match the donation to the charity, which aids families of critically ill children.

Wonder how important TD celebrations would be to Stevie if the Bills had something like this in place...

-Bill

cookie G
08-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Jacksonville with MJD sitting out all of camp.

I don't think he'll be out too much.

Jeff1220
08-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Not to mention the $250 Mularkey will give to McDonalds for the team's burgers ever time the Jaguars play an away game.

Skooby
08-16-2012, 07:13 PM
The Ronald McDonald house is going to owe him after this season.

YardRat
08-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Pretty unique attempt.

HAMMER
08-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Good, these players look like jerks with the classless celebrations. Sportsmanship doesn't involve showing up your opponent.

The King
08-16-2012, 09:10 PM
This is exactly what I was talking about in the Stevie thread.

coastal
08-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Pitiful u have to incentivize professional behavior.

BillsOverDolphins
08-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Mularkey's a racist!

Mr. Pink
08-17-2012, 05:14 AM
Pitiful u have to incentivize professional behavior.

Agreed.

But I do like the gesture.

Funny that Robiskie chimes in on it though considering he'll never see an endzone.

superbills
08-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Props to Mularkey for the gesture. The Ronald McDonald House charity is very special to our family as they helped us so much when our son had heart surgery. It's great to see that kind of support. Not that I'm to going to start being a Jags fan or anything :up:

stuckincincy
08-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Props to Mularkey for the gesture. The Ronald McDonald House charity is very special to our family as they helped us so much when our son had heart surgery. It's great to see that kind of support. Not that I'm to going to start being a Jags fan or anything :up:

You got that right. There's one here in CIN. Pop in those pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, folding money into the box when you visit a McD, folks.

Heh - when I read this thread title, my first thought was that it was an incentive for players who don't block for their teammates.

Sanders = Leon. :birds:

OpIv37
08-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Personally, I like the Marv Levy "act like you've been there before" approach to TD celebrations. That being said, even though I personally don't like them, I know a lot of people do and I know a lot of players do, so I'm OK with the celebrations as long as they don't hurt the team.

That's why Stevie pisses me off so much. Anyone can do it once, he did it TWICE. He has teammates, coaches and fans counting on him, yet he insisted on making it all about himself.

Hopefully he learned form it but I'm not holding my breath.

As far as Mularkey, it's a nice gesture that will benefit a good cause, but for me it takes the sincerity out of it when the incentive is added. "Sure, I can stop acting like a jackass if it'll help someone, but if it's not gonna help anyone, I'll still act like a jackass."

justasportsfan
08-17-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't mind celebrations as long as you keep it in perspective.BB is all for celebrations to get fired up but don't act like you've already won the game. Once you win the game however, your job isn't over until you win the sb.

Mr. Miyagi
08-17-2012, 12:34 PM
How much is Mularkey making? Only $250 per TD?

He could up it to $1000 each and will only be out maybe 1% of his salary by the end of the season.

HAMMER
08-17-2012, 01:10 PM
I'd say it's generous, some people are never happy.