PDA

View Full Version : Fletch

JefftheBillsfan
07-06-2003, 10:39 PM
I think the addition of Sam Adams in the middle of the defense will help establish London Fletcher as a top 5 MLB in this league. Having big DTs clogging up blockers will help any MLB, but I think even to a little more extent for London. The only 2 weakneses the man really has IMO, are his lack of size and his knack to over-pursuit. I think the 650 lbs in front of him will compensate his size at least.

London Fletcher just may lead the league in tackles. It's not like he won't be facing enough teams with run-based offenses. Think about it, Lewis in the 3-4, and Ted washington may not be cleaning up the blocks for Urlacher. Should be interesting.

Doc
07-06-2003, 11:15 PM
Washington wasn't cleaning up the blocks for Urlacher most of last year, however the Bears DID lose a pass-rusher in Colvin. Good point about Lewis in the 3-4, sharing time with Hartwell who got almost as many tackles a game as Lewis did.

The Natrix
07-06-2003, 11:44 PM
I look for Zach Thomas to lose a significant step this year also.

G. Host
07-07-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
I think the 650 lbs in front of him will compensate his size at least.

650 pounds? Closer to 725 pounds. Sam Adams I doubt will be under 375 despite the officially released weight.

MDFINFAN
07-07-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
I look for Zach Thomas to lose a significant step this year also.

Why would Zach lose a step this year, he's just in his prime...:viohit:

ublinkwescore
07-07-2003, 01:34 PM
In his prime?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Look for Travis Henry to put on display the same mean stiffarm that he used on such great players last year like ZACH THOMAS, SENIOR SEAU, RODNEY HARRISON. I think Henry used his stiffarm on Surtain too if I'm not mistaken.

venis2k1
07-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Zach is 30 years old, thats about when players START to lose a step or two. Unless your Jerry Rice.

WG
07-07-2003, 10:35 PM
I'll believe that Adams is gonna be anything more than slightly above average once I see it.

Fletcher will need to improve upon his E-W speed if he's to be a top MLB. I also disagree about his leading the league in tackles. He'll have a bunch of good guys in front of him for a change to make some of those tackles.

I'd be curious to see some stats on missed tackles for Fletcher v. the other MLBs in the league. I'll be he doesn't rank well there.

He'll be solid, but not great IMO. Our D is gonna be, in order, Spikes, Williams, Clements, Winfield, Schobel, Fletcher, Prioleau

venis2k1
07-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Our D is gonna be, in order, Spikes, Williams, Clements, Winfield, Schobel, Fletcher, Prioleau

I terms of tackles or all around goodness?:viking:

WG
07-07-2003, 11:23 PM
All around play-making ability and value to the D overall. Their overall stats will reflect that as well. I think we'll see both Winfield and Clements w/ at least 4/5 INTs. I'll say PP will have 4+ too.

As to tackles, the only way to measure Fletcher on that basis alone is to measure him v. true MLBs, not ILBs, but MLBs who play in the middle of a 4-3. As well, you need to consider the amount of time a D spends on the field. A terrible D coupled w/ an O like we had that passed all the time leading to an imbalance in ToP means more plays which means more opps for tackles for all players and a MLB is the prime beneficiary there.

So IMO, to measure a MLB according to tackles only as everyone did w/ Fletcher, falls short. With Posey and Spikes likely rushing the passer, Fletcher will have to be at the top of his game if this D is to be at its best. If he's anything short of that we'll know.

ryven
07-08-2003, 06:57 AM
I dont see were adams will be 375 he will bring it downt to the 340 to360 range if he hasn't already. He may have been out of shape but he is out to prove him self to everybody and the on thing thats really great about our staff is they know how to get people in shape.

JefftheBillsfan
07-08-2003, 01:20 PM
theres no way pat n sam will be over 700 pounds together.

sam-350
pat-330

thats tops.

mush69
07-09-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
theres no way pat n sam will be over 700 pounds together.

sam-350
pat-330

thats tops.

Still that is 2 big hams in the front of the shopping cart!

ryven
07-10-2003, 03:17 PM
I will actually feel bad for the other team this year well ok not really.