PDA

View Full Version : coastal's prediction for season

coastal
08-16-2012, 07:20 PM
The Bills have been mired in a rebuilding project gone bad for the past decade. To call this organization inept would widely be viewed as a huge understatement. The current regime is now about to begin (http://www.buffalorange.com/#) their third year, which is the barometer for determining whether their plan is quite simply... Working.

I think their defensive plan, schemes aside, has been to get bigger. In that regard, they have largely been successful. Mario, Williams, Dareus and Anderson give the Bills a legitimate defensive line, something they haven't had in 10+ years. The question after them is twofold... Depth on the line and the line backing corp behind them.

First, the depth... Kelsay, Troupe, Carrington, Merriman, and Johnson round out what amounts to a CFL caliber grouping. Kelsay And Spencer Johnson are clearly the best of the group, but all they can honestly be accused of is taking up a roster spot.

Second, our linebackers are less than what Bills fans long became accustomed to. They're no Paups, Talleys, Conlans, or Bennetts. There may be a Carlton Bailey or Ray Bentley. The defensive system we are running puts the pressure on the linebackers to clean up what the defensive line helps to create. I'm not overly confident this group can do that at or close to the line of scrimmage.

The strength of this D... Appears to be the secondary. We have a good smattering of youth and veterans with a lot of diverse talent. I am really impressed with this group. If we can get a lead and stop the run consistently, we have the makings of a group that can turn the ball over.

All in all... The defense should be improved over its bottom of the barrel performances we've had over the past 2 years. Is it top 5? No. Top 10? Maybe. Top 15? It better be.

As far as the offense... I'm just approaching his from a philosophical stand point. I hate the spread offense! I repeat... HATE the spread offense. It isn't a mans offense, doesn't suit this city, and isn't designed to be successful with a second tier quarterback.

Here's the deal (http://www.buffalorange.com/#)... Fitz is no Drew Brees, Aaron Rogers, or Tom Brady. Asking him to throw 30+ times a game is a recipe for not playing to the strengths of yet another quarterback. Not to mention, past Stevie Johnson, we have one of the thinnest talent pools at wide receiver as any team in the league. Yet... We are going to run an offense that puts 3-4 of them on the field at any given time. Not smart at all.

Long story short... I don't see much if any improvement on the offensive side of the ball. Fitz would have to make a huge step up in performance in order to prove this wrong. Rib injury or not, I didn't see from Fitz the kind aloofness to pain that the elite quarterbacks seem to possess. He looked defeated most of last year.

Overall... I do see an improvement on the D and can talk myself into some pretty exciting outcomes, but honesty and reason suggest this team is not a Baltimore... Patriots... or Steelers.

They're the Buffalo Bills and from an organizational perspective I still view them as dysfunctional. An NFL season needs the entire organization, not just the pieces, functioning at a high level in order to bring home the bacon. When things get tough this year... this more than anything will merit out.

8-8

http://www.buffalorange.com/images/smilies/nopompom.gif

"That's a team, gentlemen
and either we heal now, as a team,
or we will die as individuals.
That's football guys.
That's all it is."

YardRat
08-16-2012, 07:23 PM
I think Kelsay, Johnson, Edwards and Merriman (if healthy) make a pretty damn decent second-string.

SquishDaFish
08-16-2012, 07:29 PM
I disagree about your CFL comments. Matter of fact disagree with just about EVERYTHING including record except the comments on the LBs. Lost all respect for your post/thread when I read the CFL thing. WOW unreal

tampabay25690
08-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Ok

cookie G
08-16-2012, 07:41 PM
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]As far as the offense... I'm just approaching his from a philosophical stand point. I hate the spread offense! I repeat... HATE the spread offense. It isn't a mans offense, doesn't suit this city, and isn't designed to be successful with a second tier quarterback.

Here's the deal (http://www.buffalorange.com/#)... Fitz is no Drew Brees, Aaron Rogers, or Tom Brady. Asking him to throw 30+ times a game is a recipe for not playing to the strengths of yet another quarterback. Not to mention, past Stevie Johnson, we have one of the thinnest talent pools at wide receiver as any team in the league. Yet... We are going to run an offense that puts 3-4 of them on the field at any given time. Not smart at all.

*I had to go sneak back to the other place and get my response.

Couldn't be more wrong.

"Buffalo football' offense 2005-09

Yards

Bills offense 2011

Yards

We should go back to "Buffalo football" whatever that is?

OK, we'll go back to smash mouth, run twice, pass on 3rd down. Here's what you'll need:

1) A rocket armed QB who can throw the ball 30 yards on a rope- a Manning (either), a Stafford, or even a Rivers.

Don't have that.

2) WR's that are both big enough to to use their bodies in tight coverage, to get off the line in press coverage AND fast enough to get open downfield. Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald.

Don't have that,

Excepting SJ. At least he can get off the line.

3) An O-line that is powerful enough to move people.

Excepting Wood, and maybe now Glenn, don't have that. Power isn't a Levitre game, its technique. He's very good in pulling and trapping. Pears gets in people's way, but he won't be caving in the right side of the line. Urbik gets driven backwards when he pulls or traps.

4) An O-line that is good enough to keep a pocket open consistently for 4 seconds, allowing the big, fast WR's time to get downfield.

Don't have that.

They don't hold a pocket for 3 seconds, much less 4.

5) A TE that can block AND be a viable receiver. A Gonzalez, even a Brandon Pettigrew. In the "Buffalo football" scheme, you're going to have 2, maybe 3 WR's on the field. The TE has to be a target.

Don't have that. Unless Metz taught Scott Chandler to be a premier blocker in the offseason.

So to switch to "Buffalo football", you have 2 quality RB's, half an O-line, a single WR and little else.

Can anyone say let's-switch-to-the-34 D-because-its-cool-even-though-we-don't-have-the-people?

Like it or not, the spread has been used as the equalizer in college football for years. Its why Boise St. beats larger, more talented college teams like Georgia, V-Tech, Oregon and Oklahoma...all the while using a QB like Kellen Moore.

Why? I don't know. Number of targets available, keeping D's off balance, covering for the Oline by getting the ball out quickly are all factors, I'm sure.

I just know I watched a half decade of building a "Buffalo football" offense and watched it consistently become one of the worst in the league. And then hear the old "if we only had X player" line.

I watched a guy come in, who was given nothing to work with, was handed a bunch of UFDA castoffs...and actually scored points with it.

But some people don't want that.

They'd rather watch an offense have 1 drive per game, score 7 points, and then wonder why the defense couldn't hold an opposing offense to less than 7 points.

coastal
08-16-2012, 07:51 PM
I love all I you too...

Sorry u guys can't deal with reality, but we are running an offense that a QB like Fitz is doomed to fail in.

Watch for the sideline pouting by Halloween.

As far as the D... We sold out like we did a handful of years back with the oline, although I have to admit being happy with the Anderson signing.

Skooby
08-16-2012, 08:46 PM
I love all I you too...

Sorry u guys can't deal with reality, but we are running an offense that a QB like Fitz is doomed to fail in.

As far as the D... We sold out like we did a handful of years back with the oline, although I have to admit being happy with the Anderson signing.

Between my defense is doomed thread & the offense is doomed thread here, we look pretty F-Ed. Our lines really need to come through as prescribed by others here, coaches with a solid plan to succeed. I see our LB's killing us because their out of place when the ball comes past the line, it's been an ongoing problem that really hasn't been addressed.

Even saying we're counting on a healthy Merriman makes me cringe, the dude hasn't had a full healthy season for a while now. Who we turning the keys over to then, Troupe ?? Bad things man, bad things.

coastal
08-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Between my defense is doomed thread & the offense is doomed thread here, we look pretty F-Ed. Our lines really need to come through as prescribed by others here, coaches with a solid plan.
I'll look for your thread... But thought I gave what is a pretty honest assessment of things.

8-8 is an improvement, because I think we have... But we're still the Buffalo Bills at the end of the day.

Beebe
08-16-2012, 08:52 PM
okay

Skooby
08-16-2012, 08:57 PM
I'll look for your thread... But thought I gave what is a pretty honest assessment of things.

8-8 is an improvement, because I think we have... But we're still the Buffalo Bills at the end of the day.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/213102-First-year-on-the-D-job-for-Dave-(the-stash)-Wannstedt-might-be-his-last-here

Our offense has several years of a system to work with, our defense just switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3 with a new coach, that's usually a recipe for a few years of seasoning. I actually feel that our WR core past Stevie is terrible, it's just that Fred / CJ can catch & scramble like no one's business. Knowing that, Fitz should have someone open that can run fast & get big YAC yards.

PromoTheRobot
08-16-2012, 11:39 PM
I love all I you too...

Ha ha. "Realist" is just another word for miserable hemorrhoid.

PTR

SquishDaFish
08-17-2012, 03:12 AM
So what you say is reality and what everyone else says isnt right. Sorry expert LMAO

John Doe
08-17-2012, 05:05 AM
The Bills have been mired in a rebuilding project gone bad for the past decade. To call this organization inept would widely be viewed as a huge understatement. The current regime is now about to begin (http://www.buffalorange.com/#) their third year, which is the barometer for determining whether their plan is quite simply... Working.

I think their defensive plan, schemes aside, has been to get bigger. In that regard, they have largely been successful. Mario, Williams, Dareus and Anderson give the Bills a legitimate defensive line, something they haven't had in 10+ years. The question after them is twofold... Depth on the line and the line backing corp behind them.

First, the depth... Kelsay, Troupe, Carrington, Merriman, and Johnson round out what amounts to a CFL caliber grouping. Kelsay And Spencer Johnson are clearly the best of the group, but all they can honestly be accused of is taking up a roster spot.

Second, our linebackers are less than what Bills fans long became accustomed to. They're no Paups, Talleys, Conlans, or Bennetts. There may be a Carlton Bailey or Ray Bentley. The defensive system we are running puts the pressure on the linebackers to clean up what the defensive line helps to create. I'm not overly confident this group can do that at or close to the line of scrimmage.

The strength of this D... Appears to be the secondary. We have a good smattering of youth and veterans with a lot of diverse talent. I am really impressed with this group. If we can get a lead and stop the run consistently, we have the makings of a group that can turn the ball over.

All in all... The defense should be improved over its bottom of the barrel performances we've had over the past 2 years. Is it top 5? No. Top 10? Maybe. Top 15? It better be.

As far as the offense... I'm just approaching his from a philosophical stand point. I hate the spread offense! I repeat... HATE the spread offense. It isn't a mans offense, doesn't suit this city, and isn't designed to be successful with a second tier quarterback.

Long story short... I don't see much if any improvement on the offensive side of the ball. Fitz would have to make a huge step up in performance in order to prove this wrong. Rib injury or not, I didn't see from Fitz the kind aloofness to pain that the elite quarterbacks seem to possess. He looked defeated most of last year.

Overall... I do see an improvement on the D and can talk myself into some pretty exciting outcomes, but honesty and reason suggest this team is not a Baltimore... Patriots... or Steelers.

They're the Buffalo Bills and from an organizational perspective I still view them as dysfunctional. An NFL season needs the entire organization, not just the pieces, functioning at a high level in order to bring home the bacon. When things get tough this year... this more than anything will merit out.

8-8

http://www.buffalorange.com/images/smilies/nopompom.gif

"That's a team, gentlemen
and either we heal now, as a team,
or we will die as individuals.
That's football guys.
That's all it is."

How provocative.

Mr. Pink
08-17-2012, 05:40 AM
While your analysis is likely not wrong, you actually see us finishing better than I do, I do believe that we are heading in the right direction. At least with the on the field personnel. Still don't believe in our HC as I don't see him as an NFL caliber guy and don't believe in the guy behind center.

Defensively we should be much improved.

Offensively we'll go as far as the playcaller and the QB take us.

I think we're limited by the offensive scheme unfortunately.

Morpheus
08-17-2012, 06:08 AM
So what you say is reality and what everyone else says isnt right. Sorry expert LMAO
That's not what I got out of it. I think he just spoke his mind and laid out some details of his thoughts thinking that it might spur on a good conversation. Sure beats the vanilla claims of playoffs that I have heard on Bills boards every year since I've been frequenting them for 12 years. Wouldn't you think?

coastal
08-17-2012, 06:27 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1202181-nfl-season-win-total-predictions-for-2012-13

Vegas has the o/u on our season at 7?

I'm betting the over by a game.

Dr. Lecter
08-17-2012, 07:09 AM
I think that you leave one very critical thing our of your evaluation and that is the schedule the Bills have this year. The schedule is very conducive to winning.

On paper, I understand the theory that this team is probably two games better than last year (although I would say that without injuries to Wood, Williams an Jackson last year would have been 7 or 8 wins), but taking a close look at the schedule should make people feel better about this team.

The AFC South. NFC West. Kansas City comes here. Cleveland. I really see 6 or 7 wins there.

Miami is going to be a disaster this year. They should win both. The Jets are waddling into an implosion. The Patriots are still the Patriots. 3 or 4 wins there.

9 or 10 wins this year. Maybe more if players stay healthy and, as others have said, Fitz plays like first half Fitz or even a mix of first and second half Fitz and not just like second half Fitz

pmoon6
08-17-2012, 07:13 AM
Well, we were 14th in total offense last year with a makeshift line from midseason on, a dinged Stevie Johnson all year and our main offensive weapon out after basically 9 games. And that spread offense allowed Fred Jackson to be the leading rusher in the entire NFL and had 440 yards receiving until he went down.

The Bills will capitalize on an aggressive defense that will produce turnovers and an offense that will be allowed to play within themselves by not playing from behind all the time.

11-5 and a Wild Card.

The King
08-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Looking at the schedule I had the Bills at 11-5 as well. Knowing that we're the Bills I have us ending up at 9-7, anything less is still a crushing blow.

Mr. Pink
08-17-2012, 07:20 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1202181-nfl-season-win-total-predictions-for-2012-13

Vegas has the o/u on our season at 7?

I'm betting the over by a game.

I wouldn't touch that as I think 7 is where we'll be.

coastal
08-17-2012, 07:25 AM
I'm starting to lose focus... What is this bang or bucks? And I want some... yes please.

The King
08-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Bang or Bucks was a game I ran on this site for about 3 years or so. It had many different versions, from a Deal or No Deal Style to a Salary Cap game. But basically it's your faced with a hypothetical choice, a cash prize or an intimate encounter with a celeb.

So I would say would you rather have 22,000 in cash or a night with Jennifer Aniston?

When we launched the new version of VB I got away from doing it but maybe I'll bring it back.

coastal
08-17-2012, 07:49 AM
World champ!!!

stuckincincy
08-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Looking at the schedule I had the Bills at 11-5 as well. Knowing that we're the Bills I have us ending up at 9-7, anything less is still a crushing blow.

I think 9 -7 puts them in the hunt for a wild card spot.

better days
08-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Between my defense is doomed thread & the offense is doomed thread here, we look pretty F-Ed. Our lines really need to come through as prescribed by others here, coaches with a solid plan to succeed. I see our LB's killing us because their out of place when the ball comes past the line, it's been an ongoing problem that really hasn't been addressed.

Even saying we're counting on a healthy Merriman makes me cringe, the dude hasn't had a full healthy season for a while now. Who we turning the keys over to then, Troupe ?? Bad things man, bad things.

Well, we would be F-Ed if either of of you were right. I have no doubt in my mind you will both be proven wrong.

Joe Fo Sho
08-17-2012, 08:21 AM

The **** does that mean?

ddaryl
08-17-2012, 08:24 AM
The **** does that mean?

it means we suck we will always suck and we should embrace our suckiness because at the end of the day life sucks, and only those who believe in suck are righteous enough to be the bastion of suck.

better days
08-17-2012, 08:24 AM
I wouldn't touch that as I think 7 is where we'll be.

I think Vegas has the Bills at 7 wins. You & the OP should go there & bet the under. I have no doubt in my mind the Bills will be much improved from last year & have an easier schedule to boot. I will take the over myself.

coastal
08-17-2012, 08:26 AM
The **** does that mean?

Skooby
08-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Well, we would be F-Ed if either of of you were right. I have no doubt in my mind you will both be proven wrong.

I don't want to be right, neither of us. It's just objectively looking at it, both sides of the line have issues. I know it's that way for every team but it seems like our team gets exploited more consistently, like the past 12 + years.

BillsOverDolphins
08-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Good post, coastal, 8-8 is a pretty solid prediction. I like Fitzy, but he's just not that good--and you can't have a mediocre-ceiling at your QB position and have long-term success in NFL (or much short-term either).

The Offensive problems don't end there, though, as we have one incredibly crappy group of wide-outs outside of SJ, as well as a suspect O-line.

Defensively, the secondary will probably get torched due to inexperience, and the LB's are comprised of players that are either too young, or too unspectacular. We can't afford to suffer ANY STARTING defensive line injuries.

Troup is habitually injured and will be out of the league soon. Dwan Edwards sucks (practice hero), and Chris Kelsay has managed to play 10 years in the league without ever doing anything impactful.

The Patriots will win 14-16 games easily and take the division, per the usual. The Jets are an enigma. The Dolphins are crap, and we...well, we're the Buffalo Bills.

Mr. Pink
08-17-2012, 09:18 AM
I think Vegas has the Bills at 7 wins. You & the OP should go there & bet the under. I have no doubt in my mind the Bills will be much improved from last year & have an easier schedule to boot. I will take the over myself.

I think they're gonna finish with 7 wins and nobody wins.

Joe Fo Sho
08-17-2012, 10:10 AM

So no matter what we do in the offseason, we'll never be good again while Ralph is alive? Why even make a prediction thread then?

pmoon6
08-17-2012, 10:16 AM
The **** does that mean?It means he had his head up his ass from '63 to '66, '80 and 81 and 1988 to 1999.

It also means he's a frontrunner, he has been debating for a year to switch to being a 49ers Fan.

But then again, San Francisco needs more homos.

justasportsfan
08-17-2012, 10:30 AM
I love all I you too...

No offense but what you call a reality is actually an opinion. The FACTS show that the passing game improved from 24th (2010) to 14th (2011) and thats with not having a full OTA last year and a revolving OL /wr corp due to injuries during the season.

With a full OTA for both qb/ wrs and hopefully no injuries the offense SHOULD ( not saying it's definite) have a better grasp of the system.

Total offense was ranked 25th(2010) and 14th (2011) .
The facts do not support what you say is a reality.

BillsOverDolphins
08-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Ha ha. "Realist" is just another word for miserable hemorrhoid.

PTR

Ha ha. "Optimism" is just another word for willful ignorance and stupidity.

pmoon6
08-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Interesting that some Bills' Fans don't find any reason for optimism. What are the reasons? One is protecting themselves from dissappointment. Two could be they are naturally negative douchebags. Three is they probably have to wash their pussy's before every meal.

Or they could just be trolling fans from another team.

BillsOverDolphins
08-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Interesting that some Bills' Fans don't find any reason for optimism. What are the reasons? One is protecting themselves from dissappointment. Two could be they are naturally negative douchebags. Three is they probably have to wash their pussy's before every meal.

Or they could just be trolling fans from another team.

Wow...looks like you got your education from one of those red, hurr-durr states.:up: "Why are people so negative after 12 years of incompetence and crappy football?!"

Good question, chief. I can't possibly see the reasons for negativity.

justasportsfan
08-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Wow...looks like you got your education from one of those red, hurr-durr states.:up: "Why are people so negative after 12 years of incompetence and crappy football?!"

Good question, chief. I can't possibly see the reasons for negativity.

I was just going to say that the reason people have no reason to be optimistic is because of what happened when Mularkey and Jauron were coaching here.

pmoon6
08-17-2012, 10:47 AM

Good question, chief. I can't possibly see the reasons for negativity.Root for the Dolphins then. You probably do anyway.

Maybe after those 12 years, we need to call the Whaaambulance and put you in the hospital for gender reassignment.

Mr. Pink
08-17-2012, 10:49 AM
I was just going to say that the reason people have no reason to be optimistic is because of what happened when Mularkey and Jauron were coaching here.

Hate on Mularkey all you want but he had this team 1 game away from being in the playoffs and has been the best coach here post Phillips.

Yes that includes the guy around now.

justasportsfan
08-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Hate on Mularkey all you want but he had this team 1 game away from being in the playoffs and has been the best coach here post Phillips.

Yes that includes the guy around now.

I don't care what happened when he first inherited a good team. What matters is if the team improves under his watch. It regressed. Same reason why I don't want Wanny to be the HC. Same reason why Dick should not be a HC.

Mularkey can't control his team. His players rebel against him. He loses their respect. It happened here and last year with the falcons.

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/2012/1/9/2694877/falcons-nfl-mike-mularkey-playoffs-2012

BillsOverDolphins
08-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Root for the Dolphins then. You probably do anyway.

Maybe after those 12 years, we need to call the Whaaambulance and put you in the hospital for gender reassignment.

Neat comeback.

Care to bet your optimism against my realism? I'll bet anywhere from $50 to $500 on it. I say the Bills win<10 games, and miss the playoffs. Let's see how optimistic you really are.

Mr. Pink
08-17-2012, 11:10 AM
I don't care what happened when he first inherited a good team. What matters is if the team improves under his watch. It regressed. Same reason why I don't want Wanny to be the HC. Same reason why Dick should not be a HC.

Mularkey can't control his team. His players rebel against him. He loses their respect. It happened here and last year with the falcons.

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/2012/1/9/2694877/falcons-nfl-mike-mularkey-playoffs-2012

You know as well as I do the reason the team regressed here under Mularkey. The GM forcing Losman on him. It had nothing to do with his ability to coach. And inherited a good team?? He turned a 6-10 team into a 9-7 team. A team that was 30th in scoring, into a team that was 7th. The only place where Mularkey was a HUGE failure was Miami, ironically enough. :rofl:

Mr. Pink
08-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Neat comeback.

Care to bet your optimism against my realism? I'll bet anywhere from $50 to $500 on it. I say the Bills win<10 games, and miss the playoffs. Let's see how optimistic you really are.

Speaking of bets! Is the Chandler vs Winslow bet still on? Whoever wins 2 of 3 between yards, tds, receptions picks the losers sig til next football season? Since you know ZBs are gone now and all lol

BillsOverDolphins
08-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Speaking of bets! Is the Chandler vs Winslow bet still on? Whoever wins 2 of 3 between yards, tds, receptions picks the losers sig til next football season? Since you know ZBs are gone now and all lol

Haha, good memory. Sure thing, broseph...bet's still on

Historian
08-17-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm thinking 9-7. Improved on both sides of the ball.

However, this team reminds me of 2004, when we had a good team, but they couldn't defeat Pittsburgh's 3rd stringers to earn a playoff spot. (Then they imploded again)

I do not think they make the playoffs, but will be fun to watch, and probably still in it at Thanksgiving.

Hope I'm wrong.

justasportsfan
08-17-2012, 11:48 AM
You know as well as I do the reason the team regressed here under Mularkey. The GM forcing Losman on him. It had nothing to do with his ability to coach. And inherited a good team?? He turned a 6-10 team into a 9-7 team. A team that was 30th in scoring, into a team that was 7th. The only place where Mularkey was a HUGE failure was Miami, ironically enough. :rofl:

thats crap. He inherited a good team that had good talent both defensively and offensively. Why did you ignore Moulds and the other guys rebeling against him? He lost his team.

Why did you ignore what happened in Atlanta? Part of being a good HC is being able to keep the respect of your players.

Besides, I am not arguing that he's a bad OC. He sucks as a HC. Time will tell in Jax. Then again, it's a crappy organization so you already have an excuse.

Mr. Pink
08-17-2012, 11:56 AM
thats crap. He inherited a good team that had good talent both defensively and offensively. Why did you ignore Moulds and the other guys rebeling against him? He had the decision between Holcomb or JP which is why MOulds and co. took it out on him and not Donahoe.

Why di you ignore what happened in Atlanta? Part of being a good HC is being able to keep the respect of your players.

Besides, I am not arguing that he's a bad OC. He sucks as a HC. Time will tell in Jax. Then again, it's a crappy organization so you already have an excuse.

He's inheriting a team that has nothing offensively besides MJD. Defensively they are OK. I'm sure you'll come up with something to explain away them being better than 5-11 this year though because of course, Mularkey could never be the reason a team succeeds.

justasportsfan
08-17-2012, 11:59 AM
He's inheriting a team that has nothing offensively besides MJD. Defensively they are OK. I'm sure you'll come up with something to explain away them being better than 5-11 this year though because of course, Mularkey could never be the reason a team succeeds.

we shall see if the jags get better the longer Mularkey stays as head coach. I'm looking for improvement the longer they stay on as HC. So far, he's no different from Jauron and Wanny. But hey, feeding players chesseburgers should help an athlete right?

pmoon6
08-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Neat comeback.

Care to bet your optimism against my realism? I'll bet anywhere from $50 to $500 on it. I say the Bills win<10 games, and miss the playoffs. Let's see how optimistic you really are.Wait, I said 11-5 and you're going to sqaubble over one game? Way to go out on a limb there, big guy.

BillsOverDolphins
08-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Wait, I said 11-5

Then let's bet on it, or stfu already. Your posturing is so transparent.

mayotm
08-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Then let's bet on it, or stfu already. Your posturing is so transparent.
Perhaps pmoon6 simply isn't the high roller that you are.

BillsOverDolphins
08-17-2012, 04:12 PM
$50=high-rolling?

The last buffalo fan
08-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Neat comeback.

Ok, this is what a call an optimistic post, buen trabajo jefe!! :bf1:

pmoon6
08-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Then let's bet on it, or stfu already. Your posturing is so transparent.You're a ridiculous asswipe. 3 or 4 games turn on a single play and I'm transparent?

Let's up the stakes. If I win I get to chose which pistol.

****** douchebags wherever you go, and they're all under 30. That's why I support late term abortions.

The Compromise
08-17-2012, 09:21 PM

8-8

If the first teams play the way that they did tonight and last week, then they'll be lucky to match the 6-10 they got last year.

You know they're not going to play the starters much in the last preaseason game, although they should, so really they have the first half next week against the Stoolers to do whatever it is that they're gonna do to help themselves come out swinging in week one.

Everyone should be concerned from Wilson on down.

better days
08-18-2012, 07:57 AM
If the first teams play the way that they did tonight and last week, then they'll be lucky to match the 6-10 they got last year.

You know they're not going to play the starters much in the last preaseason game, although they should, so really they have the first half next week against the Stoolers to do whatever it is that they're gonna do to help themselves come out swinging in week one.

Everyone should be concerned from Wilson on down.

Nonsense. Nobody should be concerned about anything except injuries that happen in preseason. Many BAD teams in the past have had good preseasons & many GOOD teams have not played well in preseason.

Skooby
08-18-2012, 12:42 PM
You're a ridiculous asswipe. 3 or 4 games turn on a single play and I'm transparent?

Let's up the stakes. If I win I get to chose which pistol.

****** douchebags wherever you go, and they're all under 30. That's why I support late term abortions.

LOL, I'm rolling here.

Extremebillsfan247
08-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Here is the question we all must ask ourselves since most of us follow this team closely; In your mind, based on what you've seen from this team thus far leading up to this last game, did this team improve enough overall to win 3 more games than it did last year? Personally, I think right now it's hard to judge, but if you put me on the spot, I'd have to say they are between 1 and 3 wins better of a team than last year. But, that's my opinion.

coastal
08-18-2012, 04:23 PM
A piece... Which really isn't a "piece" that isn't be accounted for... Is how well or poorly the organization functions as a whole.

Football players aside... A well run organization is needed to be successful IMO.

Ralph, Littman, overdrof and Brandon?

Mickey mouse.

coastal
08-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Any 11-5 predictors out there still?

The weaknesses I have identified have already manifested.

May have to adjust expectation down a win or two.

Skooby
08-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Any 11-5 predictors out there still?

The weaknesses I have identified have already manifested.

May have to adjust expectation down a win or two.

Many of the teams we play suck, keep that in mind.

YardRat
08-26-2012, 08:06 AM
A piece... Which really isn't a "piece" that isn't be accounted for... Is how well or poorly the organization functions as a whole.

Football players aside... A well run organization is needed to be successful IMO.

Ralph, Littman, overdrof and Brandon?

Mickey mouse.

Ralph gets too much undeserved abuse.
There's a special place in hell for Littman.
Overdorf? As long as he's just crunching numbers, not really a negative factor.
Brandon is the front office equivalent of Andy Levitre. He does an excellent job with the position he's hired to play, but don't move him around to other spots in the organization unless you're looking for a train wreck.

coastal
09-09-2012, 03:51 PM
I disagree about your CFL comments. Matter of fact disagree with just about EVERYTHING including record except the comments on the LBs. Lost all respect for your post/thread when I read the CFL thing. WOW unreal

I rule.

You drool.

Joe Fo Sho
09-09-2012, 04:08 PM
I rule.

You drool.

Wow, guy. You're like, the coolest guy on the internet!

coastal
09-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Wow, guy. You're like, the coolest guy on the internet!
And I always drink Dos Equis.

Extremebillsfan247
09-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Isn't be? Was that just a typo, or some random attempt at slang? Just wondering, Oh and You forgot to add Nix in there.