PDA

View Full Version : Who will be Pro Bowlers from the Bills in 2003?

Dozerdog
07-06-2003, 10:49 PM
I'm going with-

Starters- Moulds, , Mike Williams, Spikes

Non Starters- Pat Williams, Winfield, Henry, Fletcher

In replacing injured pro-Bowlers- Bledsoe, Reuben Brown

JefftheBillsfan
07-06-2003, 10:53 PM
starters- Moulds, Spikes, P. Williams
bench- Clements, Fletcher, Henry, R. Brown

clumping platelets
07-07-2003, 03:29 AM
I'll agree with the above but add P Moorman

TypicalBill
07-07-2003, 04:15 AM
Starters: Moulds, Henry, R.Brown

Bench: P.Williams, M.Williams, Clements, Moorman, Schobel?

Jan Reimers
07-07-2003, 06:19 AM
Starters - R. Brown, Moulds, Henry

Reserves - Spikes, Clements, Bledsoe, S. Adams

casdhf
07-07-2003, 11:16 AM
London Fletcher, Travis Henry and Aaron Schobel

MDFINFAN
07-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Jason Taylor, he's gonna be in your backfield so much that people will think he's on your team..:-)

Jan Reimers
07-07-2003, 11:44 AM
You mean Jason "Pancaked Again" Taylor?

Dozerdog
07-07-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Jason Taylor, he's gonna be in your backfield so much that people will think he's on your team..:-)

Offsides- 5 yard penalty

Shiny Chicken
07-07-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Offsides- 5 yard penalty
:lol:

MDFINFAN
07-07-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
You mean Jason "Pancaked Again" Taylor?

I see Drew does know him.. bye bye Drew, he's gonna to pancake you...Let's see who will the bills double team, is it JT, Ogun, Zgonia, or Jay Williams, or might it be Rob Burnett, our slowest guy, but still effective, or will it be Seau on a blitz.

So many to choose from :box:

Tatonka
07-07-2003, 12:33 PM
Spikes will make the pro bowl this year.. i promise.. as much for the fact that he was a high profile free agent as anything else.
in no particular order (list includes backups, but not alternates)

O - bledsoe, henry, moulds, brown, williams

D - Spikes, Fletch, Nate, Pat, Sam.

Tatonka
07-07-2003, 12:33 PM
add my dark horse..

coy wire.

eyedog
07-07-2003, 12:45 PM
starters - Moulds and Spikes
reserves - Williams, Clements , Henry, Bledsoe.

mypoorfriendme
07-07-2003, 12:48 PM
i KNOW it will be for starters henry and spikes, and then as reserves and backups moulds moorman and p.williams.
then for the maybes its bledsoe fletcher mike williams or ruben.
wow we have a lot of good players on this team.

venis2k1
07-07-2003, 12:54 PM
Fletch will not make the probowl, unless im mistaken they only take 2 ILB, and with Ray Lewis and Zach "over rated" Thomas in the AFC, London is gonna have to have a HUGE year, bigger than he did last year(when Ray Lewis was injured). and i cant see fletch getting over 150 tackles this year with the talent we got on d.

Typ0
07-07-2003, 12:56 PM
This is going to be the first year the entire AFC pro bowl squad is equal to the roster for The Buffalo Bills.

venis2k1
07-07-2003, 12:58 PM
also henry is far from a lock if all afc RBs stay healthy, Tomlinson, Holmes, Ricky, Portis, Martin.... AFC RBs are pretty tough.

mypoorfriendme
07-07-2003, 01:01 PM
henry made it last year in a very pass heavy offense. he will have a better season than martin i think, and holmes may never return to his form. were goign to begiving him the ball a lot more often now and with a great blocking full back, a matured and bonded line, i think hes going to put up at the very least 1,600 yards on the ground. tough competition yes, but i guess well see

MDFINFAN
07-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
Spikes will make the pro bowl this year.. i promise.. as much for the fact that he was a high profile free agent as anything else.
in no particular order (list includes backups, but not alternates)

O - bledsoe, henry, moulds, brown, williams

D - Spikes, Fletch, Nate, Pat, Sam.

I disagree on Sam Tatonka, Just don't see it in him anymore?
I think he will help Williams make it though, Williams will be able to do things he couldn't before Sam, but Sam's play will disappear the 2nd part of the season. He'll be a plugger by size only, not by toughness.

BTW, that's an aweful lot of pb's from one team don't you think?:biggrin:

mypoorfriendme
07-07-2003, 01:04 PM
and about fletcher, he also has tough competion, but the only reason he wont be getting as many tackles (a little above 200 last season) is that tems arent going to try to run the ball as much as they did last year. the bills ranked 6th against the pass because all every team did is run the ball down our throats. however, the fact that fletcher has 700+ pounds infront of him might cancel this out a bit

venis2k1
07-07-2003, 01:09 PM
you gotta remember that our defense wont be on the feild as long, also fletch has to split tackles with spikes now. and as for 200 tackles, fletch had 149. but lets not start that up again.

mypoorfriendme
07-07-2003, 01:14 PM
149 solos, over 200 assisted

ublinkwescore
07-07-2003, 01:28 PM
Offense - Moulds, Bledsoe, Henry, Brown (on name alone), and Mike Williams will make it as an alternate/benchwarmer.

Defense - Spikes should be a lock with the personell he's got in front of him, Winfield OR Clements (with the other either riding the bench, or being an Alternate), Pat Williams will be a bench/alternate, as will Wire.

I predict 10 players - I know it's kinda homer-ish - but what can I say.

ublinkwescore
07-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Actually that's 6 starters, and 4 bench/alternates.

Tatonka
07-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
149 solos, over 200 assisted

wrong..

149 total..

108 solo, 41 assisted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4539

Tatonka
07-07-2003, 05:22 PM

I disagree on Sam Tatonka, Just don't see it in him anymore?
I think he will help Williams make it though, Williams will be able to do things he couldn't before Sam, but Sam's play will disappear the 2nd part of the season. He'll be a plugger by size only, not by toughness.

BTW, that's an aweful lot of pb's from one team don't you think?:biggrin:

i disagree with you MD..

sam was not in shape and played like crap last year.. he now has PW next to him to help him return to form.. i believe he will be in pro bowl form this year. just imho.

and that is about the average number of PB players we had back in our Superbowl years in the early 90s. :D

MDFINFAN
07-07-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

i disagree with you MD..

sam was not in shape and played like crap last year.. he now has PW next to him to help him return to form.. i believe he will be in pro bowl form this year. just imho.

and that is about the average number of PB players we had back in our Superbowl years in the early 90s. :D

There you go with the wishful thinking again, don't mention SB's until the last part of the year:puke:, the problem with Sam, is I don't think he's as hungary was he was in his early years, he may come into camp in shape, but by the 2nd half, he will have eaten himself out of it, and the cold in Bufalo won't help him maintaining his conditioning. I still think Williams can possibly jump to the next level and become a Pro Bowler, I'll say him before Sam, even through Sam will get the credit for it..

Tatonka
07-07-2003, 05:45 PM
all speculation at this point..

my sb remark was a joke.. but i do remember a day when we led the nfl in PBs on a regular basis.. was just pointing that out :D

i have nothing tangible to base my feelings on.. but my gut just tells me that sam will be a terror again this year, much like 2001.

HenryRules
07-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Henry and Gash on offense
Adams, Spikes, and Colvin on defense.
Moorman on special teams.

yes, I am aware I left Moulds, Bledsoe, and Brown off.

Brown I think has been slipping the last few years and won't make it this year cuz the talent at guard seems to be getting pretty good in the conference.
I think Drew will just miss out because of the quality QB's in the conference (Manning, Green, and Gannon make it IMO).
I think that with Price gone, Moulds' season is going to be more like his second half last year (just below pro bowl quality) than the first half of the season (where he was having one of the better seasons in history).

ublinkwescore
07-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Who the hell is Colvin?

ArcticWildMan
07-07-2003, 08:26 PM

...... and the cold in Bufalo won't help him maintaining his conditioning.

I think the heat in Miami hurts players way more than our cold does. I think that's one reason you guys fade every December. A season of playing in the dreadful Miami heat and humidty just saps the energy out of players.

venis2k1
07-07-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
Who the hell is Colvin?

i was thinking the same thing:buddies:

Dozerdog
07-07-2003, 10:25 PM
Roosevelt Colvin? I Think he meant Fletcher

mypoorfriendme
07-08-2003, 12:07 AM
damn i was wrong about fletcher, maybe that was the amount of tackles the entire linebacking corps had, or maybe defense all together last season. oops.

Tatonka
07-08-2003, 12:11 AM
na.. there are always 10 different totals you see all over the internet.. i have seen him listed with 200+ tackles in places before too.. but nfl.com or espn.com typically is what you should look at for the most accurate figures... no biggie.

mypoorfriendme
07-08-2003, 08:19 AM
yeah it was making me mad so i found where it was i read that....athlon sports's annual football preview magazine had him at 209....made me feel a little bit better and a whole lot less like an ass

Tatonka
07-08-2003, 09:03 AM
fletch is still a pimp, imho.

TedMock
07-08-2003, 09:18 AM

There you go with the wishful thinking again, don't mention SB's until the last part of the year:puke:, the problem with Sam, is I don't think he's as hungary was he was in his early years, he may come into camp in shape, but by the 2nd half, he will have eaten himself out of it, and the cold in Bufalo won't help him maintaining his conditioning. I still think Williams can possibly jump to the next level and become a Pro Bowler, I'll say him before Sam, even through Sam will get the credit for it..

Pat Williams has been at "the next level" for the past few years. Unfortunately fans get to vote for a third of the stakes. He's been as good as any DT in the league but not being a big name and playing on a poor overall defense has hurt his popularity. Last season the players voted he and Warren Sapp as the toughest DT's to go against. I'll try to find the link. As far as Sam...he scares me. I think he's a beast but you're right about him being suspect later. I think he gets lazy sometimes. When he turns it on he's great. Only time will tell but I'm optimistic seeing that he's playing beside PW for the first time since college. I think they're both pumped.

HenryRules
07-08-2003, 01:16 PM
Sorry, that should have read Posey ... not Colvin.

WG
07-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I'm going with-

Starters- Moulds, , Mike Williams, Spikes

Non Starters- Pat Williams, Winfield, Henry, Fletcher

In replacing injured pro-Bowlers- Bledsoe, Reuben Brown

I'll say:

Starters: Moulds, Henry, Mike Williams, Spikes

Non-starters: Pat Williams, Clements, possibly Brown

Alternates who make it: Winfield perhaps