PDA

View Full Version : Why i think Fitz called all the plays last week

Cali512
08-17-2012, 08:58 AM
I think Gailey wanted Fitz to test the new WRs on there plays and wanted them to run some routes he wants them to do. Fitz knows all our players just as good or better than Gailey, especially the WRs. I think that was just a throw away game that they wanted to evaluate all our WRs in the spread and Fitz could get the feel for them.

justasportsfan
08-17-2012, 09:11 AM
He called the plays because of how the D lined up.

superbills
08-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Which is not a good sign, IMO. So, every time we play a 3-4 defense we're not going to run the ball? No one is afraid of Fitz's arm or our down-field weapons, so we can expect that we'll see lots of stacked fronts. Despite that, you have to get the RBs involved. Let Gailey call the plays and then Fitz can audible to his heart's content if need be. But you have 2 weapons in the backfield that should not be ignored just because of the defense that you're playing against. We're not the Patriots. We can't expect to be able to pass for the entire game and be successful. Tonight's game will be very telling, I have a feeling.

Meathead
08-17-2012, 11:43 AM
chan let fitz call the plays because obviously he thinks hes ready to do that. using a spread against a base defense is a big advantage that should be exploitable for a mature offense. granted they mostly misfired with their execution but to me its a good sign they are moving forward and getting that stuff ironed out so its ready for the season

this team should definitely be at the point where they can do that and be successful. theyre going to try running more tonight just so that they get some live reps with it, but if you think they arent going to be using that up tempo no huddle spread this season ur nutz