PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Shipley cut

The King
08-17-2012, 02:07 PM
CIN just cut WR Jordan Shipley.

buffalobillsfan95
08-17-2012, 02:32 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/17/bengals-waive-jordan-shipley/

He had 52 receptions for 600 yards and 3 Tds his rookie season.
Hes still a little banged up, but I think he's perfect for chan's offense.
We could stash him on IR and give him till week 6 to heel up.

Skooby
08-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Is the week 6 IR deal on now ?

tatersalad
08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Rich are u a UT homer now?

GingerP
08-17-2012, 02:57 PM
He has already been practicing, so he isn't PUP eligible (to return after week 6). He isn't injured, so he can't go on IR.

Decent possession receiver and punt returner, but he is slow to recover after blowing out his knee early last year (ACL/MCL). It may be a case where the knee keeps him from coming back, but he may just need more time to recover.

I'm a little surprised Cincinnati gave up on him so quickly. It is always the 2nd season after that kind of injury when a WR comes back fully. I guess they didn't feel he was good enough to wait.

stuckincincy
08-20-2012, 10:06 AM
He has already been practicing, so he isn't PUP eligible (to return after week 6). He isn't injured, so he can't go on IR.

Decent possession receiver and punt returner, but he is slow to recover after blowing out his knee early last year (ACL/MCL). It may be a case where the knee keeps him from coming back, but he may just need more time to recover.

I'm a little surprised Cincinnati gave up on him so quickly. It is always the 2nd season after that kind of injury when a WR comes back fully. I guess they didn't feel he was good enough to wait.

He got a very cheap knee shot in the open field by a DEN player, game 2 last year. Did his best to rehab, was brought along slowly in camp.

He can't plant the leg and get a burst off of the LOS. Tough cut for CIN - but the fact that they cut him instead of putting him on IR for the season is telling.