• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

X's Op style rant

1. Hairston needs to start at LT. Period. Glenn may be the better athlete but the penalties, and bad plays are not worth it at this point.

2. Our starting CB's are a liability. They both play so raw and have a penchant for giving up big plays. That's what happens with young CB's. I wish we had at least one more starting quality vet.

3. Shepp has done nothing to impress... still. He is a liability with how he's washed out of plays, can't get off blocks, or is just plain out of position. LB is still a real serious want.

4. Freddy looked slow. I hope it's just the preseason or that it's just this game but he looked slow.

5. Donald Jones had an awesome play which is a total of one awesome play from him since he's been significant. He'll win our #2 WR spot and will still leave #2 WR as our biggest need heading into the off-season IMO.

• elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Re: X's Op style rant

I think Cordy is doing a good job, minus the penalties. He has certainly been flagged, but I think once he settles down a bit, and gets flow into his head, we'll see less of these stupid penalties.

Our CB's are a source of concern. McKelvin still can't cover, and Aaron Williams has seem to struggle a bit as well. On a side note, why not let Ron Brooks get some first team reps?? Could it hurt?? That kid is all over the ball; unlike some of our other guys!

We look like crap out of shotgun sets, and perform much, much better when Fitz is under center. Every single shotgun play looks the same. We may have different alignments, but it looks like the same stuff every play.

Donald Jones, clearly is our #2 guy, however, I would like to see much more of TJ Graham.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Lots of guys out of position for the defense, especially in the first quarter. Hope that's more of a sign of not game-planning as opposed to the 'Stache being as big of a dumbass as I think he is.

Freddie looks OK, have to admit I have serious doubts about this offense being effective with both he and Spiller on the field at the same time, unless Gailey really has something up his sleeve for the regular season.

Agree on Glenn...it's frustrating the way the o-line has been managed up to this point (and I understand some of it is unavoidable due to injuries) but it's time to put 5 guys in place and let them work together for the next three weeks.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Byrd getting leaped over made the slant catch on Stephon much worse than it should've been. Had excellent coverage on the red zone fade. At this point I'm much more concerned with Williams, had great technique & coverage but didn't high point the ball and it led to a long completion. Cordy needs work, I don't like the OL right now, but it's still early.

Our LBs suck, it's not only Sheppard but Bartnett looked slow as well. Honestly, the only LB that looked active and quick was Moats, that's a huge ****ing warning sign.

Can we see Johnny White? Choice ****ing stinks, hate how Gailey has loyalty towards this guy.
        Last edited by kingJofNYC; 08-17-2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• The Compromise
          Junior Zoner
          • May 2007

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
          2. Our starting CB's are a liability. They both play so raw and have a penchant for giving up big plays. That's what happens with young CB's. I wish we had at least one more starting quality vet.

5. Donald Jones had an awesome play which is a total of one awesome play from him since he's been significant. He'll win our #2 WR spot and will still leave #2 WR as our biggest need heading into the off-season IMO.
          They did have a quality vet, the genius coaching staff felt it to be a good idea to cut him. Florence.

Jones' TD was against the Vikes' 2nd team D.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

not as worried anymore compared to the redskins game.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Its preseason lol. im not worried

Comment

• Mr Bills
                • Jan 2010

I don't know what games you were watching but Glenn looked pretty good. The holding call on him was bs.

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

not worried at all because ... wait for it ...

PRESEASON IS MEANINGLESS
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

This team stinks. P U.

Comment

• Bangarang
                      • Sep 2010

2008: Detroit Lions go 4-0 in pre-season. Proceed to go 0-16 during regular season.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

2009: Buffalo Bills go 1-4 in pre-season. Proceed to go 6-10 during the regular season.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Jun 2003

Ugh...was it really that bad? Either way, I had to take a cct call to Bmore and missed the game, so thanks for the recap.
                          Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

1st, 14:14- Big Harvin gain, McLovin overpursued and got blocked out of the play.

1st, 13:30- Stephon gets torched by Simpson.

1st 12:26- Gerhart blow right up the middle and shows why LB is important. Barnett and Scott are the culprits.

1st 11:04- Felton TD, Williams took the inside guy, Barnett couldn't get out to the flat quick enough.

1st 3:38- Run by Gerhart. Run right at Shepp and he's blocked out of the play. Couldn't get off the block. Moats actually makes a nice play.

1st 3:00- Catch over the middle by Gerhart who beat Shepp when he overpursued and then Shepp fails to tackle him at the feet.

2nd 14:17- Long pass. Williams was right there but didn't get his hand in.

2nd 10:44- Glenn false start.

2nd 3:04- McLovin forced fumble.

Glenn and Hairston blocked well at LT.
                            Brooks had 2 pass breakups. I agree he ought to get some looks as a starter.
                            Moats made several plays.
                            The OL looked good outside of the penalties.
                            Graham with nice plays.

Not all bad but both starting units were lackluster.
                            Last edited by X-Era; 08-18-2012, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins View Post
                              Ugh...was it really that bad?

nope. I don't even think guys like Mario were even trying. It wasn't great but it looked liked the bills weren't trying to win. Freddie looked good .IMO , the bills were trying to get out of this with no injuries. Obviously not going 100%
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-18-2012, 08:24 AM.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X