• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Figured out WRs

Can live w/o Hagan, keep Roosevelt. Coaches already count on him more than anyone for his ST ability. Thoughts?

5 WRs: SJ, Jones, Nelson, Graham, Roosevelt
    cut: Hagan, Martin, Easley, Aiken, Session

Or you can cut Smith and keep a 6th. Gailey must clearly see him ever being an emergency QB as crazy. There's 4-5 posters on this board that could have made completions Smith missed tonight. Thigpen seems juuust about right to be a 3rd string QB anyway.

• kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Re: Figured out WRs

Nelson, Johnson, TJ and I honestly don't care about the rest, they're disposable

Comment

• Mr Bills
      • Jan 2010

Hagan is basically a lock to make this team because he can play on the outside. Roosevelt and Nelson are both pure slot receivers. Jones seem to fit better in the slot as well so that leaves only Graham and Stevie to play on the outside majority of the time.

Comment

• kishoph
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
        Can live w/o Hagan, keep Roosevelt. Coaches already count on him more than anyone for his ST ability. Thoughts?

Or you can cut Smith and keep a 6th. Gailey must clearly see him ever being an emergency QB as crazy. There's 4-5 posters on this board that could have made completions Smith missed tonight. Thigpen seems juuust about right to be a 3rd string QB anyway.
        Agreed, Roosevelt seems like he would make a good possession receiver, he has good hands (a bad drop tonight) and seems to be able to get open. I think that Hagen has the edge because he plays all the ST units and Roosevelt is just a punt returner and we have a load of them. Myself I would keep the better receiver and find someone else for the ST's, which is easier than finding a good receiver. Roosevelt being from Buffalo also make me a little bias about this.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Agreed. But what is the price tag to the Bills if they cut Smith? Moreover, odds are IF they cut Smith he goes back to the Jets right away (they are still taking **** for letting him go) and he carries the Bills offense with him for them to dissect.

Comment

• kishoph
            • Jun 2003

I think the coaches value Hagen more for Special Teams, seeing he plays on all the units and I believe that he's the gunner on coverage teams.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I don't understand how quickly, and far, Easley has fallen. For two camps, he looked like a budding star before being sidelined by injury and illness. This year, apparently healthy and ready to go, he has done nothing.

Perhaps his previous physical problems have taken something away from his game.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
              X