PDA

View Full Version : Brad Smith is way overpaid..and other rants..

bigbub2352
08-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Brad Smith is an awful option for number 3 QB and is not even our primary kick returner...so we are paying some serious coin for a guy that might be used in the wild cat twice a game...We need to seriously think of developing a franchise QB and next Years draft would be a good start

We have a young group of WRs and solid kick returners I hate to say it but Buddy Nix missed on the FA signing as he did on the whole 2010 draft class with the exception of Spiller...sorry jury is still out on Moats but he does provide good value for a 6th rd pick...the rest of the guys like Batten, Easley, Troupe who mite end up on IR and Carrington are gone

I am not sold on Dwan Edwards and Aaron Williams either..Edwards is making alot of money to be a backup and is mostly invisible on Our D when he plays...sorry but Aaron Williams looks slow and lost out there..Maybe Ron Brooks take that spot by year's end

Another waste of a roster spot is the worst lead blocking full back in the entire league in Corey Mcyntire...he mite give u 10 tackles on ST thru out the season but he is awful on offense i think Dorin Dickerson has much more value considering anytime Corey is in the game it usually means we are running..Dickerson can at least get out of the back field and catch the ball and with his speed is a match up problem...Corey is useless

Bye to Ruvell Martin as well..i would much rather have Roosevelt and Aiken

Cordy Glenn is a steal in the 2nd rd and will be just fine at LT love the pick

Cut guys like Edwards, Brad Smith, and Mcyntire and let the young guys develop..like Kellen Heard, Dickerson, and maybe keep a guy like Roosevelt or AIken

We are not that far away just hope Nix keeps tweaking that roster

Any one else think maybe Potter over Lindell?...just sayin

Figster
08-18-2012, 01:38 PM
I hear what you are saying for the most part OP :goodpost:

BertSquirtgum
08-19-2012, 12:21 AM
Brad Smith sucks in general. I hope he gets cut and they keep Pigpen as a #3.

kingJofNYC
08-19-2012, 12:39 AM
I don't really care about Edwards or Smith being overpaid, because they're not really taking up roster spots that we need for other players, not right now anyway. They're just eating Ralph's money. I will care if they're still on the roster when we have to sign Levitre and Byrd.

Buddy's first two drafts, especially the first, aren't looking too hot but this latest one is looking alright even though it's too soon to tell. They didn't fire Modrak and bring in new scouts until the second Nix draft. Lets see where it goes from here, I do expect Nix to retire after the next draft however. Too old, guy probably wants to fish and play golf.

YardRat
08-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Brad Smith is an awful option for number 3 QB and is not even our primary kick returner...so we are paying some serious coin for a guy that might be used in the wild cat twice a game...We need to seriously think of developing a franchise QB and next Years draft would be a good start

His usefulness is fading for sure, regardless of his contract. We knew going into last season the new rule was going to basically eliminate one third of his value (KR), IMO he was very valuable in the early games when he was picking up 1,2 yards out of the wildcat and picking up first downs. Moving the chains is sooo important. 3rd string QB is more of a title, and insignificant in his case. Also thought he stepped in pretty well when our WR's were beat down to nothing.

We have a young group of WRs and solid kick returners I hate to say it but Buddy Nix missed on the FA signing as he did on the whole 2010 draft class with the exception of Spiller...sorry jury is still out on Moats but he does provide good value for a 6th rd pick...the rest of the guys like Batten, Easley, Troupe who mite end up on IR and Carrington are gone

Yeah, I don't see any of those guys sticking.

I am not sold on Dwan Edwards and Aaron Williams either..Edwards is making alot of money to be a backup and is mostly invisible on Our D when he plays...sorry but Aaron Williams looks slow and lost out there..Maybe Ron Brooks take that spot by year's end

Edwards has surprised me...he may stick, and I thought he was cooked early on. Williams definitely needs to show more...seems we're built with a bunch of nickels and very few outside guys. Love Brooks, have from the start.

Another waste of a roster spot is the worst lead blocking full back in the entire league in Corey Mcyntire...he mite give u 10 tackles on ST thru out the season but he is awful on offense i think Dorin Dickerson has much more value considering anytime Corey is in the game it usually means we are running..Dickerson can at least get out of the back field and catch the ball and with his speed is a match up problem...Corey is useless

I'd like to keep them both foe this season...FB McIntyre, 3rd TE Dickerson.

Bye to Ruvell Martin as well..i would much rather have Roosevelt and Aiken

I would rather have James Hardy than Martin. That says something.

Cordy Glenn is a steal in the 2nd rd and will be just fine at LT love the pick

Don't agree here. Should've started him at RT instead of left for this season and give him some growth for this level of play, then see if he is capable of moving over next season. Not confident he'll ever be dominant, and that's what we need at that position because we've already got guys that can play 'adequate'.

Cut guys like Edwards, Brad Smith, and Mcyntire and let the young guys develop..like Kellen Heard, Dickerson, and maybe keep a guy like Roosevelt or AIken

Could happen, but Rosey and Aiken are exteme longshots at this point.

We are not that far away just hope Nix keeps tweaking that roster

Agreed

Any one else think maybe Potter over Lindell?...just sayin

Not yet, but both will probably make the squad this season.

starrymessenger
08-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Agree with the CG comment. All one needs to do is compare his preseason tape with that of big Mike Adams and you see the difference between a young player who can definitely learn to play the position and a young player who is not a NFL left tackle.Agree also that there seems to be little reason for paying Brad Smith 4 bucks a year. Makes no sense.

Demon
08-20-2012, 11:47 AM
I'd be pretty hard pressed to find a worse contract in the NFL then Brad Smith. Maybe the $9 million to Merriman we wasted... but Smith's deal is brutal for the little that he does. He must have some serious Martin Biron-type locker room qualities.

justasportsfan
08-20-2012, 11:57 AM
it seems like a waste because of the lockout that prevented us from installing the wildcat last year and injuries to the wr's that made him move to wr exclusively. It should be interesting to see what David Lee can do with him in the wildcat this year.