PDA

View Full Version : We badly need our D-Line to carry us

BillsOverDolphins
08-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Just looking at the Giants game (first half) and how their D-line just scares the **** out of their opponents. You saw it last year when Romo, Ryan, Smith, and Brady were visibly afraid going against them. Rodgers was more pissed than afraid, though.

Look at the replay of this game this coming week and look how flustered and petrified Sanchez looks.

Just think how valuable it would be if our d-line had that effect on QB's. These guys need to make a name for themselves ASAP, so QB's go into games fearing them. Not to mention, it would help our young secondary and CFL linebackers.

YardRat
08-18-2012, 09:37 PM
They need to help tighten up against the run a little more, also. Not going to get a chance to scare the QB if they can't stuff running backs.

Skooby
08-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Dave will call plays that scare no one, he's never been aggressive so I can't see him utilizing the talent we have. Did you see any difference in our ability to get to the QB yet ? I know it's preseason but we haven't shown anything at all, we just got killed by a 3 win team from last year. It's been a terrible start to the season, we look confused & Fitz is throwing to the opponent better than our guys.

I see major problems coming.

Meathead
08-18-2012, 10:18 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4ow2Juu7nMo/TQJAMRhW2dI/AAAAAAAAX_k/WDloHTQ7mEs/s1600/panic_button-lg.jpg

Extremebillsfan247
08-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Just looking at the Giants game (first half) and how their D-line just scares the **** out of their opponents. You saw it last year when Romo, Ryan, Smith, and Brady were visibly afraid going against them. Rodgers was more pissed than afraid, though.

Look at the replay of this game this coming week and look how flustered and petrified Sanchez looks.

Just think how valuable it would be if our d-line had that effect on QB's. These guys need to make a name for themselves ASAP, so QB's go into games fearing them. Not to mention, it would help our young secondary and CFL linebackers.
Actually, it was our linebackers and db's that allowed the Vikings offense to put up 421 net yards on us. That has to improve dramatically or our Dline wont matter much. Just saying.

BillsOverDolphins
08-19-2012, 12:59 AM
Actually, it was our linebackers and db's that allowed the Vikings offense to put up 421 net yards on us. That has to improve dramatically or our Dline wont matter much. Just saying.

Ummmmmm, that's what I'm saying. Our LB's suck and our DB's are too young, so we're going to need our d-line to carry us.

- - - Updated - - -

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4ow2Juu7nMo/TQJAMRhW2dI/AAAAAAAAX_k/WDloHTQ7mEs/s1600/panic_button-lg.jpg

That makes no sense in the context of this thread. Par for the course from you though.

better days
08-19-2012, 07:36 AM

Well, it will also help if the QB doesn't throw pick six's. Time to cut Thigpen.

Don't Panic
08-19-2012, 07:45 AM
D Line pressure will be a huge factor in determining whether or not we compete for the playoffs... no doubt about that. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't have success against just about anyone though. The second wave can't be understated. Those guys are going to really help the unit as a whole stay fresh into the 4th quarter.

Its starting to look like we're going to need them maybe a little more than we first anticipated, which is really the elephant in the room. Its hard to see this offense hanging 30 PPG like they did early last year. I think the O will be hot and cold week to week, and if we're going to get into the playoffs, it'll be because the D Line is top 5.

SquishDaFish
08-19-2012, 08:04 AM
Jesus its PRESEASON! Noone gameplans for their opponents. And really arent going to show what they are going to do in the preseason. Now if during the season we look ****ty I can see the complaining and the comments about the same ol Bills. Give it some time guys

better days
08-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Dave will call plays that scare no one, he's never been aggressive so I can't see him utilizing the talent we have. Did you see any difference in our ability to get to the QB yet ? I know it's preseason but we haven't shown anything at all, we just got killed by a 3 win team from last year. It's been a terrible start to the season, we look confused & Fitz is throwing to the opponent better than our guys.

I see major problems coming.

Well, in the short time the #1's played, the Bills had 2 sacks. No DC in the NFL is going to put fear in the QBs eyes, it is the players on the field that will do that.

You are wrong about Wanny. He may not blitz that much ( although he said the Bills will blitz more than people expect) but he will not use the DL to eat up space, he will send them crashing through the OL to get to the QB & RB in the backfield.

Have you never watched preseason before?

YardRat
08-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Well, in the short time the #1's played, the Bills had 2 sacks.

The sacks were nice to see, but that first drive still ended in seven points against. They were gashed for decent yardage just about every other play.

I know..."It's only preseason"...and I agree to a certain point, but going into the third game it's essential that the team give glimpses of how they are capable of performing on a consistent basis because that's what everybody is going to expect when the games start counting.

Fans love to point to the SB teams and rationalize about how they always sucked in preseason, but that actually isn't the case. True, those teams lost more often than they won, but the difference then is when the starting line-ups were on the field for their limited action, they displayed a level of play that a fan could expect to see in the regular season. They weren't sloppy, they weren't inefficient, and they weren't overwhelmed by the other teams first units.

I could give a damn about the final score of preseason games, but when the starters are on the field they should at least resemble a competitive unit compared to the peers they are lining up against. Hopefully we will see some of that in the last two practice games.

Skooby
08-19-2012, 09:01 AM
The sacks were nice to see, but that first drive still ended in seven points against. They were gashed for decent yardage just about every other play.

I know..."It's only preseason"...and I agree to a certain point, but going into the third game it's essential that the team give glimpses of how they are capable of performing on a consistent basis because that's what everybody is going to expect when the games start counting.

Fans love to point to the SB teams and rationalize about how they always sucked in preseason, but that actually isn't the case. True, those teams lost more often than they won, but the difference then is when the starting line-ups were on the field for their limited action, they displayed a level of play that a fan could expect to see in the regular season. They weren't sloppy, they weren't inefficient, and they weren't overwhelmed by the other teams first units.

I could give a damn about the final score of preseason games, but when the starters are on the field they should at least resemble a competitive unit compared to the peers they are lining up against. Hopefully we will see some of that in the last two practice games.

I think this post is brilliant, there really has to be some kind of flashes of brilliance here and there. Let's see how it goes this week, which is usually the one the starters get the fiirst half & not a few sets of downs.