• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Buffalo Bills impressed by Vince Young

Young went 8-for-14 for 123 yards and no turnovers for the Bills, including a 64-yard strike to T.J. Graham to open the second half. That set up a short touchdown run by Tashard Choice, who left the game with an unspecified injury.“Vince came out a little bit ahead tonight,” Bills coach Chan Gailey said.

Young wasn’t so sure.“I still don’t feel comfortable and where I want to be at,” he said. “You never know what’s going to happen.”
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo Bills impressed by Vince Young

based on what thigpen did as a starter for gailey, plus what young did last season in philly, i gave the edge to thigpen at the start of camp

even though preseason results mean nothing, and understanding that thigpen has always performed a little better in real games, im finding it hard not to view him as falling behind rather rapidly. at this stage in his career he should not be swapping good plays with god awful plays or bouncing balls to open receivers - even in games that dont count

young appears to be improving every week, while thigpen is at best standing still. when you include the potential for young to add fifty yards rushing and long bombs like the one he threw to tj, it feels like hes starting to run away with the job
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
      based on what thigpen did as a starter for gailey, plus what young did last season in philly, i gave the edge to thigpen at the start of camp

even though preseason results mean nothing, and understanding that thigpen has always performed a little better in real games, im finding it hard not to view him as falling behind rather rapidly. at this stage in his career he should not be swapping good plays with god awful plays or bouncing balls to open receivers - even in games that dont count

young appears to be improving every week, while thigpen is at best standing still. when you include the potential for young to add fifty yards rushing and long bombs like the one he threw to tj, it feels like hes starting to run away with the job
      Exactly. Thigpen should have Chans offense down cold by now after all the time he has played in it. Instead, he looks like a rookie taken in the 6th rnd. Time to move on IMO.

Comment

• dog14787
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by better days View Post
        Exactly. Thigpen should have Chans offense down cold by now after all the time he has played in it. Instead, he looks like a rookie taken in the 6th rnd. Time to move on IMO.

The Bills wanted to draft Cam Newton and in my opinion better days, Young is the closest thing to Newton in the NFL.

Young has had a little under 4 seasons of actually game experience. Under the right coaching/mentoring which Gailey, Lee and Fitzpatrick can provide I believe VY can become a very successful starter in the NFL.

I'm not trying to start a QB controversy and this is Ryan Fitzpatrick's Football team, but VY gives the Buffalo Bills a good backup plan.

A real good one in my opinion...

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by dog14787 View Post
          The Bills wanted to draft Cam Newton and in my opinion better days, Young is the closest thing to Newton in the NFL.

Young has had a little under 4 seasons of actually game experience. Under the right coaching/mentoring which Gailey, Lee and Fitzpatrick can provide I believe VY can become a very successful starter in the NFL.

I'm not trying to start a QB controversy and this is Ryan Fitzpatrick's Football team, but VY gives the Buffalo Bills a good backup plan.

I am with you dog.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by better days View Post
            Thigpen does know the offensive scheme really well. His problems are consistency, and an inability to throw a deep ball. He would be better suited for a west coast style of offense than this one I think.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Originally posted by dog14787 View Post

Agreed. Pigpen stinks.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247 View Post
                Thigpen does know the offensive scheme really well. His problems are consistency, and an inability to throw a deep ball. He would be better suited for a west coast style of offense than this one I think.
                Especially if that offense is in the UFL, where even JP Losman can be somewhat successful.

Comment

• elltrain22
                  • Sep 2003

Young vs. Pigpen, IMO, is already a foregone conclusion. The real question here is, Young vs. Fitz; which guy gives us the best chance to win. I truly believe it could be Vince Young. He may not be pretty, but the dude moves the chains, keeps the offense out there, and most importantly, he wins.
                  If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by elltrain22 View Post
                    Young vs. Pigpen, IMO, is already a foregone conclusion. The real question here is, Young vs. Fitz; which guy gives us the best chance to win. I truly believe it could be Vince Young. He may not be pretty, but the dude moves the chains, keeps the offense out there, and most importantly, he wins.
                    I know what my answer is.

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

There is going to be a quarterback controversy by week 6.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                        • Mar 2003

lets hope not because we will likely be drafting one next year very early

MUCK
                        FIAMI

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by mikemac2001 View Post
                          lets hope not because we will likely be drafting one next year very early
                          We need Barkley, so I'd accept an Indy-like effort this year for the greater good.
                          Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• kishoph
                            • Jun 2003

I'm not sure Gailey has a lot of confidence in Thigpen to perform during a game, there were a number of time last season where Thigpen could of been used, because of Fitz's performance or his injury. With his rib injury, Fitz could of used a week or two off in order for it to heal up some, but Thigpen could not be counted on to go in there and be successful.
                            I think Young's problem has been listening to coaching, maybe now with maturity and realizing he can be replaced, he'll be more willing to listen and be coached. With some time to learn the offense and system, maybe he could be the answer at QB, of course depending on how Fitz does, but I would like to have an option and Thigpen doesn't figure in that.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Regardless what happens this year, QB WILL be an early pick next year. Bills have a clean out on the Fitz deal and no one here is long term.

Young has been lucky, in that 2-3 of his bad passes were dropped for easy INT's in the first couple pre-season games. Let's not inflate his current form. He's one good, one bad play right now but can run for a first down in a pinch. Still, his game leaves lots of room for improvement.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X