• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MidnightVoice
    Retired (mostly)
    • Mar 2003

Rookie S Howell climbing depth chart

He missed all of the spring workouts due to a late college graduation at Stanford. Bills safety Delano Howell was barely getting reps when training camp opened three and a half weeks ago. But in a very short period of time, Howell has shown he’s a quick study. Even more important he’s putting that football intelligence to work on the field.

For the second straight preseason game Howell got time at safety with the second team defense. Against Washington it wasn’t right away, but in the game against Minnesota he was paired with Da’Norris Searcy from the start. The undrafted rookie is making a move up the Bills depth chart and is staking a claim to the fourth safety job.

“I’ll tell you what he’s done some good things,” said head coach Chan Gailey. “I told him on the sideline before the game that he’s really picked it up and done a good job. He’s making a real run at this thing. He’s been impressive the last three weeks.”

But to play
    that’s the thing
    shut up and deal
    ~ Jesse May
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Re: Rookie S Howell climbing depth chart

Howell looked pretty good in game 2, Saenz was better in the first.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Not a surprise, Howell had a very good junior year and only went undrafted because of injury concerns.

Here is what I wrote about him shortly after he signed;

To lead off our UDFA profiles we wanted to go with the biggest name of all the guys we signed. We think that Stanford SAF Delano Howell has a great shot at making the Bills 53 man roster. We don’t exactly have great depth at the safety position and Howell comes into camp with a ton of talent.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

If he pans out, it'd be a blessing.

Comment

Working...
        X