PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Luck is already better than Fitz

coastal
08-19-2012, 08:25 PM
How can I say that?

Its just preseason!

Sure he's made some mistakes tonight, but he just looks the part!

Blondie
08-19-2012, 08:28 PM
He doesn't have the sexy beard. ♥

BertSquirtgum
08-19-2012, 08:31 PM
It's not very hard for anyone to be better than Fitz. He's not a very good quarterback.

Blondie
08-19-2012, 08:33 PM
It's not very hard for anyone to be better than Fitz. He's not a very good quarterback.
You guys have a crappy O line... what do you expect him to do?

coastal
08-19-2012, 08:34 PM
You guys have a crappy O line... what do you expect him to do?
If I was running the draft, wed have guys like Mike Iupati, Andrew Whitworth and David DeCastro.

But I wouldn't have Fitz running a spread offense either.

EricStratton
08-19-2012, 08:37 PM
The first pick in the draft is supposed to be this good, that's why the Colts tanked the season to get him.

coastal
08-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Preseason or not.. He's got them 17-14 in Pitt at half.

YardRat
08-19-2012, 08:39 PM
He does look pretty good.

kingJofNYC
Luck's a generational talent, in three years he will likely be the best in the league.

coastal
The first pick in the draft is supposed to be this good, that's why the Colts tanked the season to get him.
Tanks a lot.

Blondie

You think they purposely did that?

kingJofNYC
08-19-2012, 08:45 PM
You think they purposely did that?

I'm sure some will believe they did, but if that's the case why didn't a team like the Jags, who faced the Colts in the last game of the season, mail it in and give them a W to take Luck out of their hands. By winning the last game of the season the Jags handed their divisional opponent the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning.

BillsOverDolphins
08-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Luck's a generational talent, in three years he will likely be the best in the league.

No doubt about it.

Oaf
08-19-2012, 09:09 PM
He clearly looks more comfortable out there than Fitz.

Figster
08-19-2012, 09:12 PM
2nd preseason game and the guy looks like a seasoned veteran already, and a good one,

unreal...

BertSquirtgum
08-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Fitzpatrick is not a good quarterback. The sooner Gailey opens his eyes and sees that, the offense might be able to take a step forward when Vince Young completely gets this offense down. Too bad Gailey is a stubborn **** and won't ever take Fitzstink out.

mikemac2001
08-19-2012, 09:41 PM
um duh

first pick > 7th rd pick

thats usually the case

Joe Fo Sho
08-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Wait, he is?! Damnit! We never should've let him slip by us in the draft.

streetkings01
08-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Gailey turned Fitz from a terrible QB with bad accuracy to a servicible QB with bad accuracy. Imagine what he could do with a decent QB with good accuracy........probably turn him into a franchise QB.

BillsOwnAll
08-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Preseason or not.. He's got them 17-14 in Pitt at half.
whats the not for? it is P_R_E_A_S_E_A_S_O_N.

I love how everyones so quick to crown other players and bash the bills. That was a good pick 6 luck threw tonight too btw...

ServoBillieves
08-20-2012, 12:04 AM
Gailey turned Fitz from a terrible QB with bad accuracy to a servicible QB with bad accuracy. Imagine what he could do with a decent QB with good accuracy........probably turn him into a franchise QB.

... So he went from bad to bad? By your logic his arm strength improved, or possibly his reads, but if you have bad accuracy then you can't even be serviceable in this league.

BillsOverDolphins
08-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Quick question: how many of these mongoloids on BZ will still be clinging to the "it was just preseason!" bull**** after the Bills put up another sub. 500 season and Luck is OROY?

We have some of the dumbest fans on the planet. Suck for 12 years, then suck for the first 2 preseason games = impending success?

Generalissimus Gibby
08-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Coasty, I agree that Fitz is not the long term solution, but who is available out there that is better this year. If we are smart we draft a replacement for Fitz this coming year and get some help at LB and WR

Skooby
08-20-2012, 07:00 AM
We bought Mario so all the King Koopla's have no chance, with a conservative DC. See the logic there?

Joe Fo Sho
08-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Quick question: how many of these mongoloids on BZ will still be clinging to the "it was just preseason!" bull**** after the Bills put up another sub. 500 season and Luck is OROY?

We have some of the dumbest fans on the planet. Suck for 12 years, then suck for the first 2 preseason games = impending success?

Why on earth do people need to even argue this point? Ok, Luck had a good 1st 2 preseason games for a rookie...what does that have to do with Buffalo? Did we have a chance to get him?

Jan Reimers
08-20-2012, 07:59 AM
I'm withholding my Hall of Fame vote for Luck until he plays at least 4 regular season games.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-20-2012, 08:21 AM
You think they purposely did that? Luck is supposedly the greatest NFL prospect since Peyton Manning-- you tell me how the same team mysteriously ended up with both of them. It's bull. The NFL should have recognized this and blocked the Colts from the #1 spot when Luck entered, for the sake of fairness.

stuckincincy
08-20-2012, 08:33 AM
No doubt about it.

None whatsoever. They dumped vet after vet, and figuratively put a player on IR for a hangnail.

This is the same club that year after year mailed it in once they had their playoff spot sewn up, leading the NFL to schedule divisional games later in the season.

Joe Fo Sho
08-20-2012, 08:44 AM
None whatsoever. They dumped vet after vet, and figuratively put a player on IR for a hangnail.

This is the same club that year after year mailed it in once they had their playoff spot sewn up, leading the NFL to schedule divisional games later in the season.

While I don't disagree with you guys that they tanked the season, I just don't understand whose idea it was. Their coach and GM got fired for such a poor season. Why would they tank the season if it meant they would get fired and the next guy would get Luck. Did the owner force them to tank, and then just fire them anyway? That's a dick move.

I really don't have a problem with them tanking the season, they were within the rules. If the Bills did it, however, I'd be pissed.

Bill Cody
08-20-2012, 08:50 AM
This just in:

Andrew Luck was supposed to be great. He will be great.

Fitz was not supposed to be great. He won't be great.

BillsOverDolphins
08-20-2012, 08:54 AM
I really don't have a problem with them tanking the season, they were within the rules. If the Bills did it, however, I'd be pissed.

You would get over it fast, especially with a Boss QB to lead you into the future.

justasportsfan
08-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Fitzpatrick is not a good quarterback. The sooner Gailey opens his eyes and sees that, the offense might be able to take a step forward when Vince Young completely gets this offense down. Too bad Gailey is a stubborn **** and won't ever take Fitzstink out.
Stubborn? Gailey and Nix always stated that no ones job is secure. They got rid of Trent after 2 games didn't they? Until Young shows a lot of improvement you don't take out Fitz.

Joe Fo Sho
08-20-2012, 09:30 AM
You would get over it fast, especially with a Boss QB to lead you into the future.

While he has potential to be awesome, there's no guarantee that he will be. I would rather not take the risk.

GingerP
08-20-2012, 09:33 AM
This just in:

Andrew Luck was supposed to be great. He will be great.

Fitz was not supposed to be great. He won't be great.

Yeah, this about sums it up. Aaron Rodgers is better than Fitz as well. Who'd a' thunk it.

SABURZFAN
08-20-2012, 03:46 PM
How can I say that?

Its just preseason!

you won't get an argument here. after Luck threw the Pick 6, he shook it off and led his team back into the game against a decent football team. i haven't seen that since Jim Kelly was the QB.

BillsOverDolphins
08-20-2012, 04:48 PM
While he has potential to be awesome, there's no guarantee that he will be. I would rather not take the risk.

What risk?

justasportsfan
08-21-2012, 09:17 AM
I have a hard time believing that the colts 2011 coaching staff and GM would intentionally tank the season just so that they would get fired.

Skooby
08-21-2012, 10:15 AM
I have a hard time believing that the colts 2011 coaching staff and GM would intentionally tank the season just so that they would get fired.

It's madness to not strive for success every season in the NFL, it can always be your last.

PTI
08-21-2012, 10:19 AM
So is RG3, Ponder, Gabbert, and Locker.

PTI
08-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Luck is supposedly the greatest NFL prospect since Peyton Manning-- you tell me how the same team mysteriously ended up with both of them. It's bull. The NFL should have recognized this and blocked the Colts from the #1 spot when Luck entered, for the sake of fairness.

Should have played Dan Orlovsky all season, he was better than Fitz was last year.

BillsOverDolphins
08-21-2012, 10:57 AM
So is RG3, Ponder, Gabbert, and Locker.

Not Gabbert.

PTI
08-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Not Gabbert.

So far in preseason he is playing way better than Fitzpatrick. It is only a matter of time before he is better in the regular season. It really isn't that hard to play better than Fitzpatrick, he has a career 75 QB rating and had 79 last year.

justasportsfan
08-21-2012, 11:55 AM
So far in preseason he is playing way better than Fitzpatrick. It is only a matter of time before he is better in the regular season. It really isn't that hard to play better than Fitzpatrick, he has a career 75 QB rating and had 79 last year.

you played better than Fitz in preseason before they benched you, Trent.

PTI
08-21-2012, 12:06 PM
you played better than Fitz in preseason before they benched you, Trent.

Edwards would be opening day starter for the Eagles if Vick's MRI comes up bad.

BillsOverDolphins
08-21-2012, 12:10 PM

Foles looks great...he should get the nod over Trent.

- - - Updated - - -

If the Eagles want long-term success they'll start Foles anyways. Vick will never win a SB as a starter.

PTI
08-21-2012, 12:14 PM

- - - Updated - - -

If the Eagles want long-term success they'll start Foles anyways. Vick will never win a SB as a starter.

I agree about the Eagles, but Foles could have started for the Bills this year too, easily.

Extremebillsfan247
08-21-2012, 12:15 PM
How can I say that?

Its just preseason!

He's an unproven rookie QB. He isn't in college anymore. Ryan Leaf looked good in his preseason debut too. Look at where he ended up. Just saying. This follows in line with the old proverb about not counting your chickens before they've hatched.

justasportsfan
08-21-2012, 12:22 PM

that just means that the eagles are slowly losing their minds. You want Young to start here and yet he couldn't beat Trent? You're all over the place.

PTI
08-21-2012, 12:28 PM
that just means that the eagles are slowly losing their minds. You want Young to start here and yet he couldn't beat Trent? You're all over the place.

See, you keep saying that, Young was beat out Trent. They were never in competition. It is silly to even suggest. Young is not on the Eagles for other reasons besides he did not play well last year. He is the guy who brought up dynasty on a sure fire playoff team last year, and he is a high profile player (QBs usually are). Vick got hurt again. By drafting Foles and keeping Kafka around and havinf Edwards come in, they want a more pocket oriented QB. Maybe Young is not that right now as much. The main reason he is not there is because be the without a doubt the handfed media scaregoat for the team's failures last year.

If you cannot see that you are blind. Well, you might be, you keep saying Edwards beat him out and that is just not truthful. It is not even an opinion.

BillsOverDolphins
08-21-2012, 12:28 PM
I agree about the Eagles, but Foles could have started for the Bills this year too, easily.

Not easily now, but easily towards the end of the season and going into next year. The kid has a great arm too.

justasportsfan
08-21-2012, 12:35 PM
See, you keep saying that, Young was beat out Trent. They were never in competition. It is silly to even suggest. Young is not on the Eagles for other reasons besides he did not play well last year. He is the guy who brought up dynasty on a sure fire playoff team last year, and he is a high profile player (QBs usually are). Vick got hurt again. By drafting Foles and keeping Kafka around and havinf Edwards come in, they want a more pocket oriented QB. Maybe Young is not that right now as much. The main reason he is not there is because be the without a doubt the handfed media scaregoat for the team's failures last year.

If you cannot see that you are blind. Well, you might be, you keep saying Edwards beat him out and that is just truthful. It is not even an opinion.

Thanks for the headache.

GingerP
08-21-2012, 01:12 PM

Edwards won't even make the Eagles, and Foles is 3rd string right now. Mike Kafka is the backup, but he missed last night after fracturing a finger on his non-throwing hand. It is possible Foles can earn the backup job if he keeps playing well, but the Eagles really like Kafka.

To say any of those players should start over Vick is ridiculous. Vick is a really good QB when healthy, one of the leagues best. His issue is he can't make it through a season healthy because his style of play exposes him to injury. They keep trying to get him to avoid hits because his frame isn't that big, but he can't help but take hits. Even before that rib injury he took a shot because he didn't slide on a play. He can't help himself.

Edwards is camp fodder and will be cut when Kafka returns before the start of the season.

BillsOverDolphins
08-21-2012, 01:14 PM
To say any of those players should start over Vick is ridiculous. Vick is a really good QB when healthy.

Which is NEVER.

GingerP
08-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Which is NEVER.

He misses a few games every year, but people forget how good he is when healthy. He led the Eagles to the playoffs in 2010 and almost beat the eventual Super Bowl Champion Packers, playing very well.

Last year the Eagles struggled early and he got hurt. When he returned in the last month of the season he played great and the Eagles finished strong.

When healthy, he is a top-10 NFL QB. I'd take 12-13 games a year of a player like that, and a team can win it all if they protect him. He is a tremendous athlete and has become a great passer as well.

gebobs
08-21-2012, 06:39 PM
How can I say that?

Its just preseason!

Jesus Coastal...you're gonna get run out of another forum. LOL

And with one of my first posts here will be to agree with you. In part anyway. I haven't watched Luck, but anyone that thinks Fitz is going to earn even a fraction of that bloated contract is a huge homer.

Fitz isn't exactly as bad as Edwards, but he's not making us forget those lost years. At least Edwards wasn't grossly overpaid. That $24M guaranteed is going to hamper the cap long after the Bills cut Fitz. 7 years...lol. I bet he's out of a starting job well before that. Fitz is a backup. And not bad one. He's just not a starter.

gebobs
08-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Stubborn? Gailey and Nix always stated that no ones job is secure. They got rid of Trent after 2 games didn't they?
The fact that it took that long, that Tred made the team at all, let alone was named starter, just shows you how lost Gailey is.

Figster
08-21-2012, 08:45 PM
The fact that it took that long, that Tred made the team at all, let alone was named starter, just shows you how lost Gailey is.

In my opinion its very possible Nix/Gailey knew they had a problem with Trent, but Ralph Wilson was reluctant to give up on Edwards.

To me that is the only way I see TE getting sent packing the way he was, it all came to a head with Nix and RW after TE's poor start, RW got mad and told Nix to get him the hell out of here then.

coastal
08-21-2012, 08:56 PM
you won't get an argument here. after Luck threw the Pick 6, he shook it off and led his team back into the game against a decent football team. i haven't seen that since Jim Kelly was the QB.
That was something... It's what made me start this thread.

Oaf
08-21-2012, 09:00 PM
I got blasted in another thread for saying something similar to this, but Nick Foles is DEFINITELY better than Edwards.

better days
08-21-2012, 10:10 PM
I got blasted in another thread for saying something similar to this, but Nick Foles is DEFINITELY better than Edwards.

Agreed, Edwards won't make the cutdown to 53.